Skip to content

Covid Refund Party

Comments

• @bookertease I know what you mean about the Sliding Doors. I would like to think Broon would not have been so enamoured of Dubya and the need for a crusade, but would he have been as nutty as Blair to think he had the power of personality to bring peace to Ulster? If only they had allowed GB to be a dour, miserable get who was good at sums rather than tout him about to cry on Piers Morgan and pretend he was in any way personable outside a tight group of friends, we might have avoided the Dave coalition.

It irritates me even more when I see Major, Heseltine, Clarke and Gummer wheeled out as some sort of moderating voice to discuss how to sort out the mess they set in motion in the 1970s and 1980s. At least Portillo just gets on trains for TV money...

I am reliably informed that while in government Alistair Campbell and TV joker Ed Balls were both appalling bullies...

• Give it a few days and we'll put that right chief.

• Yes I like Andy Burnham and he should be the Labour Party leader. He is a decent bloke who wants the best for his people.

• That’s certainly what the Malt Whisky industry thought.

• I know this if from the liberal Media Elite...but Wes Streeting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukChMYB49bg

• I agree with that. Personable, articulate and, in my perception, a man of integrity. Good looking guy as well.

• Will they all be at the covid repartyparty then?

• What time does it start? Can't seem to find the answer here.

• edited July 2023

Doors open 1330, team arrive 1400.

Your rundown to Saturday's season launch party!

We look forward to seeing you at Adams Park

Wycombe Wanderers look forward to welcoming you back to Adams Park on Saturday for our season launch party, exclusively for those fans who waived their season ticket refund in the 2020/21 campaign.

This is our chance to kick off the new campaign by throwing open the doors to the stadium to enable you to tour the stadium, meet the players, sample the new catering offering from BaxterStorey and see the presentation of the awards from last season!

Here’s your rundown of the day:

Where: Adams Park, HP12 4HJ

Timings: Gates at 1.30pm, depart by 4pm

Who: We are pleased to have had confirmation of attendance from 600 supporters, while the Chairboys squad and staff will also be in attendance from 2pm-3.30pm

Arrival and Parking

Gates open at 1.30pm. Please park on the upper tier of the car park, keeping the lower tier clear for pedestrians and blue badge holders. Enter through the Caledonian Suite entrance, where you will have your name/pass checked. When confirming your place, you should have received an email containing your pass to access the event – please have this ready to display.

What’s On

After arriving in the Caledonian Suite, you will be free to explore the stadium, or remain in the Caledonian Suite to watch live sport on TV and buy a drink from the bar, and food from the hatch. All public areas of the stadium will be open for you to explore, including the executive boxes and Woodlands Lounge, and the lower tiers of the stadium bowl. There is strictly no admittance onto the pitch, which will still be going under maintenance ahead of the new season.

Shop

The shop will be open throughout the afternoon, with further reductions on O’Neills stock. Please note the new hummel stock is not yet available.

Players

When the players arrive at around 2pm, they will be situated in various areas of the stadium, so feel free to roam around and find them for a chat, photo and autograph! These will include:

• Home changing room
    • Tunnel Club (where you can challenge the boys to a game of FIFA)
    • Guest Lounge (where you can see the trophy cabinet)
    • Shop
    • Monty’s (where you can enjoy a game of table football)
    • Reardon Room, headquarters of Wycombe Wanderers Foundation (where you can play table tennis against the boys)
    • Caledonian Suite
    • Boardroom
    • Woodlands Lounge

Food and Drink

BaxterStorey, the club’s new catering partner, will be selling food from inside the Caledonian Suite as well as the two kiosks in each corner of the Origin Stand. They will also be displaying a variety of their food offering in each hospitality suite, with staff on hand to answer any enquiries. A number of free food samples will be available in the Caledonian Suite. The bar will be open in the Caledonian Suite, and fans are welcome to carry drinks round the stadium with them.

Live Sport on TV

We’ll have the Ashes and Wimbledon displaying on the screens around the stadium.

Presentations

At 3pm, we invite guests to take a seat in the Away Stand, where a Q&A with Matt Bloomfield and the award presentations will take place.

Departure

The players will depart after the presentations have finished at around 3.30pm, and it’s expected that the party will draw to a close at 4pm.

• I believe @AlanCecil said 1.30pm

• A real missed opportunity not having kits available.

• You mean you don't want to buy lots of the old stuff for 5% off full price?

• In my world this stuff would be given to charities around the country/world as part of a goodwill program. I would then love to see a kid in a developing country wearing a Wycombe shirt.

I’m pretty sure the margins support doing it

• We'd like to invite you to the stadium as a thankyou for giving us loads of money... while you're here we'd like to invite you to spend loads of money

• 2 1/2 hours with the players there 1 1/2 hours is very whistle stop isn't it.

• You do realise that the majority of children who don’t pass the fundamentally flawed eleven plus enter comprehensive education .

• I 'passed' the 11+ and I wish I'd gone into comprehensive education. It wouldn't have insulated me from the real world growing up.

• As I suspected, the demographic of those at the party is largely, though not exclusively, old men (like me).

• Unconfirmed reports that the party has turned into an illegal rave

• I cancelled my 2 invitations. Wouldn’t it have been nice for the new caterers to have laid on some free food between 4-5pm then have the England U-21 Final v Spain on in the Caledonian Suite after that?

• Wait, there wasn't any food provided?

• edited July 2023

Those Premiership lads doing a gap year in League One won't pay for themselves, buddy.

• The event was good and I quite enjoyed it. We all had a free drink and the new caterers provided free wraps and samples of the new pies.

The whole stadium was open to the fans including the dressing rooms etc.

It was nice to see Max win players-player of the year.

All in all a pleasant few hours.

• By the way, the pitch was still being worked on but it is going to look brilliant. Yet another super bit of work from Shaun and his colleagues👍

• So Holmer Blue and A.Warboys were mistaken in their assumption that there would be no free food. Always better to see how an event unfolds before criticising it.

• Agreed. As I say it was good and very enjoyable.

Blooms hinted that there were one or two players who he is very close to signing and reiterated that he will not sign anyone who he feels doesn’t strengthen the team and who doesn’t fit into the club ethos.

Nice to be at AP again and can’t wait for the new season.

• I thoroughly enjoyed today as well. Was nice to wander around without the pre-match tension and the players there seemed relaxed and happy to chat (a little surprised that i appear to be taller than Sam Vokes).

Also had a lengthy chat with someone from the new caterers. They were interested in what people thought and i get the impression they do want to offer something that people will actually choose to eat rather than have to.

Thanks to everyone involved in setting it up. A good job.

• Wife and I thought it was a very enjoyable afternoon. What was great how the players were interacting with the fans engaging completely in conversations and selfie requests. Compared to recent player and fan interactions involving premier league sides which have been negative with players ignoring fans the experience to-day was great. Tried some of the new food that will be available this season, tasted pretty good. Fun just strolling around the ground seeing areas that normally would be out of bounds. Got more of a feel how the organisation operates behind the scenes. Heard from a very experienced player with many clubs previous clubs in his locker who has never experienced a open event like this in his career. Thanks to all involved in the planning of to-day’s event.

• Well I can assure you that one of the group i was with made it VERY clear that chips were the most important basic requirement of any catering organisation at a football ground (they were suitably non-committal admittedly). (But personally chips at football is way, way down my list of priorities. I honestly don't think I've ever had (or wanted) chips at a football game in my life. But then I may just be weird like that).