Skip to content

New kit this summer?

Comments

• What a shame. Best kit we've had in years and we only end up having it for one season

• So we might lose this kit after just one season, typical, as style wise I think it's the best we've had for years

• Trying to still charge full price for it all on Saturday seems even more hopeful, and a little underhanded.

• It’s definitely my favourite home kit for a very long time. The away kit was rubbish though

• Insert your own joke about wearing the "wet cement" kit for one last time - perfect for a damp squib end to the season.

• Are Bukta still doing kits? Guaranteed chafing for all.

• They’ve given us some fantastic kits, in my opinion. I wasn’t a massive fan of the swan shirt but the following two (this season and the ‘bars’ shirt) were up there with our best ever, as was the red and white quarters and the Ukraine kit. The training kits have also been of a decent standard.

That said, the quality wasn’t great. I’m wondering if we’ve signed with someone like Adidas, who have done quartered rugby shirts before and I believe have a quartered football shirt design this season.

• There was a rumour of Puma (see what I did there) a while back. Be nice to be associated with tue cache of a top flight brand.

• I hope we don’t go with a major (as in, Adidas/Nike level) manufacturer, as those tend to give clubs no flexibility at all - lower league clubs tend to get complete off-the-shelf designs in those circumstances.

• I know O’Neils were plagued by supply issues, and the gear was pretty poor quality, but they gave us some of my favourite kits. Including the current one. Plus, they were called O’Neils

I’d much rather go with a smaller supplier than have a generic off the the rack number from a mega corp. I guess we’ll find out at our first game.

• Indeed. Just thinking, American owners etc. Am I right in saying that all teams in MLS are supplied by Adidas? Or have I made that up!

• They are and some of this season's kits are incredible. But they have obscenely long lead times that make them a bit tricky for lower league teams wanting a custom design. Accrington and Peterborough the only two L1/L2 clubs I can think of who've had Adidas recently and they were off-the-rack template kits.

• Failing going back to the glorious 80's Adidas Superstars kit, then it's got to be Bukta !!

• Hope & Glory

• I see Mizuno are also back on the scene (Lazio)

• I'd like a quartered shirt with images of chairs on it and if I had time / design skills, I'd knock one up.

A different style of chair in three of the quarters and, like the 4th plinth in Trafalgar Square, a rotating quarter depicting legends of the furniture scene, like Tom Fitzgerald or @ReturnToSenda (inventor of the Chairboys Chairlift). This could change every three months and would be a massive money spinner and fans flocked to keep their collection up to date.

Sponsored by DFS or IKEA.

• edited May 2023

One of the quarters would have to be out of proportion to accommodate my abnormally large head

• @ReturnToSenda I feel your pain. Nothing enrages me more than hats that sport the label 'one size fits all'.

• Some of them are at least honest and say 'one size fits most'

• i sent an image of my suggested new away kit - green, white, and black quarters - to the club, and got the following reply:

Thank you for your thoughts and visions. I appreciate the comments and supplied visual.

When choosing a kit supplier, agreeing sponsors and deciding on designs and colours many influencing factors come in to play. There are very clear guidelines from the EFL as to what we are allowed to do, which link into mix of colours, being 'colour blind' friendly, being able to mix kits, socks, shorts and tops between kits to create additional versions when needed, as well as just making the kit attractive enough to sell on a commercial level.

We now begin this process for the 23-24 season and will, at some point, be able to share thoughts and ideas.

Please watch this space.

• I want the design to stay exactly as it is atm... its perfect imo

• One of the chairs has to be the eponymous Robin Day poly stacker, in orange. That chair favoured by village halls and school assembly halls was designed by ‘one of our own’. He attended WTHS now JHGS and no he’s not the same bloke with glasses that used to roast politicians on the telly.

• If we get Hummel I can live with the decision, but O'Neills have been fantastic as far as designs. I agree with those who say that the current kit is perfect.

• You should have incorporated an image of a jumper draped over the back of the shoulders and arms crossed in front.

I wish the reply the club would have given you was, Hello Bargy come lately, thanks for your interest, but you can stick you High Wycombe Rugby colours, right up your jacksy.

• I'd hope the club could write a coherent sentence.

• Macron do some really nice kits

• Macron’s most famed for the classic gilet jaune look of course, not sure it’d work for WWFC though

• Feel a bit conned out of the "2 season promise". I bought my son and I kits this season. First time I've bought a Wycombe shirt in about 20 years (I'm 37). £120 not well spent.