Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

Comments

• Finally a “Love” pun.

• Get some bloody subs on !

• edited October 2022

Freeman is the best crosser in the squad for me. With either foot apparently.

• We cannot draw this game

• Good thing we weren't planning on letting off a load of fireworks after the game. That would have been embarrassing.

• Embarrassing nonsense.

• For 60 mins it's like they didn't know we needed goals to win.

• Just like Tuesday, great 1st half, dreadful 2nd

• Apparently that didn't cross the line?

• Stop me if you've heard this one before...

• So good in the first half so average in the second.

We seemed to revert to hoof ball for the first 20+mins of the second half which gave them confidence as they easily dealt with it, we had chances to end it, but just couldn't put it away & inevitably they got the equaliser.

• Basically the same the line up as Tuesday and one substitute made😵‍💫....

• Been coming all afternoon. To be fair, this ref has played a big hand in diddling us.

• Wow. Referees

• Oh fuck off

• Gonna stop watching second halves, they’re shit.

• Can only blame the ref so much. Played most of that like we didn't want to score more than 1

• Not sure, on our second half performance, that we deserved more than a draw.

To be fair to us the ref ruined the game with numerous very poor decisions including the 2 disallowed goals, their goal & missing the probable pen against JJ.

• As much as the referees have had a big say in us dropping 4 points in those two games, we also need to take our share of the blame. Should have been out of sight today by half-time. These are games we need to win if we genuinely want to reach the top 7, which feels ambitious given how hot and cold we are this season.

At least we had a fireworks display in broad daylight to console us.

• Automatics ?!?! You're having a laugh ! Who does the half time team talks ? First half great, 2nd half rubbish again... now to top it off we've got bloody fireworks in daylight again

• We are both dull and not very good. So pedestrian with the ball. We seem to be trying really hard to accommodate Mawson’s long range passing but as a result we’re incredibly slow to recycle the ball and do everything ten yards too deep.

Not helped by some ridiculously bad refereeing I admit.

I’m already pretty fed up of this season to be honest.

• The ref was poor but his stats showed he probably was going to be. That is nothing to do with that result. We were poor. We laboured. We lacked quality. We lacked tempo. We lacked ideas. A case to drop 5 players for Tuesday and thats probably the same 5 who should have been dropped today.

• Five points dropped unfortunately. When was the fireworks display?

• PJSPJS
    edited October 2022

Shocking refereeing but if if we always do what we have always done we will always get what we are currently getting

Is it just me or has McCleary not been in the last 2 games - why take 75 mins to take him off. Freeman for all his crossing is not a central midfield scrapper - Wheeler needed to be on much earlier.

I am the eternal optimist and am always positive but we need to go out and win games we have been so frustrating and one dimensional in the second half of the last 2 games

• edited October 2022

Excellent first half, should have had a few more but standard poor finishing/last pass, although the game should’ve been over but for a horrendous decision for the disallowed goal.

Surprise, surprise we didn’t really push on with any conviction in the second half to try and get a second goal (as almost always) and let a really poor side grow into the game. We also played 3 central defenders the whole game against a really defensive opposition - so negative.

In the end I think a draw was fair.

All players fit and playing in a positive and confident way we should be challenging for the play offs comfortably. But it just feels like a mid table at best ‘team’ this year. Not a huge amount of character or belief.

• The referee also took my ability to do simple addition and subtraction it seems !

• The game management today was a new low. Same old corners targeting a perfectly competent keeper. One sub. Long balls into the corner all 2nd half.

Put that together with dire finishing and some dreadful refereeing and it’s lucky we didn’t end up losing.