Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

167891012»

Comments

• It's an interesting one as Armando Dobra - also a predominantly left-sided winger - has been called up while playing for Chesterfield, so it's not like Anis is being overlooked because of the level he's playing at domestically.

• Apparently we are in for a very strong second half of the season. Gaz said so on a midweek interview.

• If and when he's playing regularly in the championship he'll probably become a squad regular.

• Forino has certainly looked outstanding in recent weeks. Mawson too. Tafazolli when fully fit is outstanding too.

If they had proper protection in front of them (Scowen, Gape, Thompson), then we’d be keeping a lot of clean sheets and the majority of the Championship would be after our centre halves.

• is it possible we've all gone a bit over the top about the team?

We all rave about Forino and Mawson and people have described Stryjek as the best keeper in the league, and yet we are incapable of defending corners

I agree we miss Scowen massively but does he really add that much when we are defencing set pieces?

• I certainly don’t view Stryjek anywhere near as comparable in quality to Stockdale as it stands. Midfield have been weak. McCleary has been weak. Subs / tactics have been weak. Effort has not been 100% either this season.

• Take Taf and Forino out of the side and the aerial ability drops significantly at both ends.

Vokes and Mawson are strong, but those first two players are just that level above.

I don't like 3 at the back, but it would be interesting to see if ever do play the Mawson-Taf-Forino combo.

That'd instantly address the lack of aerial ability!

• If the midfield three are going to be out for a lot longer, I’d certainly think about playing Mawson or Forino as a CDM with the other one partnering Tafazolli if he’s fit in a back four.

• edited November 2022

Neither is quick enough to play there with the amount of sweeping up our system invites (I'd be intrigued to see Mawson there in a team who dominate possession).