Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

Comments

• Welcome back, big Chris!

• Chants of Wycombe Wycombe from the kids in the away end followed by ‘cheer up Derek Adams’ from the terrace. Love this club!

• You are kidding me!

• Very confused by that one

• As a striker, to jump you have to push a bit. You can't do it any other way

• Never a foul, wierd decision to disallow a perfectly good Vokes goal

• Identical to the decision in the week, is Vokes thought to be ‘climbing’ on the defenders’ shoulders?

• Please, don’t let the situation (deja vu) get into your heads, lads.

• The Vokes disallowed goal on Tuesday was a very poor decision, but that Vokes disallowed goal today was absolutely abysmal and pretty embarrassing. How can a referee even contemplate that as a foul is completely beyond me.

• Thing for the fans is, we want passing football, but after 10 years without it, when we see it we panic.

Not a bad half at all, but we're better when we move it quickly wide and in

• The worst thing about these horrible decisions is that instead of sitting back and wondering if we are going to paste them, I am now on edge waiting to see if this result ends up hanging on another awful refereeing call.

• Who does Kaikai start over? I like him, but I don’t think he’s a better option for us than either GMac or Mehmeti

• Not talking about starting, @Jonny !!

• If what Vokes has done for both those disallowed goals is against the rules, then you wonder how headers are ever won.

• Lots of nice play in the first half. Fully expecting the second half to be devoid of all quality.

• Overall a really decent half from us; nice passing football, mostly solid defending, pretty composed (other than the couple of minutes post the disallowed goal & the dreadful decision against Mehmeti when we seemed to still be chuntering about the injustice of it all & they hit the post).

We need another goal to kill the game.

• Not as a starter if all fit and firing but there have been times when they aren't and he's still not given a chance. Wasted opportunity really, if he could be integrated and get a run we'd have great rotation and bench options.

• Disappointed that we haven’t had a “Love can’t turn around” pun from Phil.

• Good half. Morecambe are really poor, lovely to see a Derek Adams side devoid of any cutting edge or general quality. Didn’t get a good enough look at Vokes’ disallowed goal, but again looked very soft. We’ve looked much more dangerous passing through their defence rather than aimless balls from Forino or JJ. Wing looking really strong again and is heading into must-start territory for me.

Hopefully can continue this in the second half and ensure we’re not left with a nervy last 10 mins.

• I am definitely concerned, as we don't seem to do well in many "burning injustice" games. I do remember Lincoln's ridiculous goal back in the JJ hattrick game where Blooms and the Lincoln player had head injuries around the six yard area when the ball came in. JJ ended up pushing the lead to 3-1. I also remember Bayo having a late goal ridiculously disallowed against Swindon in 17/18 and then scoring anyway in the last minute. But it must be hard to put an injustice out of your head. There are not many goals scored in football, so few teams can afford to have perfectly good ones taken away without it affecting the result.

• Over McCleary on current form imo. I think he's the best crosser in the squad bar JJ - first-time low crosses to Vokes ought to work a treat (oh wait, we don't do that).

• I do agree that he should get more opportunities when starters aren’t fit and certainly should be getting more than 10 minutes at the end of each game (if he even makes it onto the field). I do really rate him and thought it was harsh he was dropped last season after a few really good games, but currently with such strong competition for places it feels a tall order for him to start games regularly (Hanlan may also be in that position).

• Brilliant by Vokes.

• That deserved a goal. Mesmerising Mehmeti.

• Really got to make this domination count by taking at least one of these chances

• Terrace could do with a drum. Silence

• Can someone there shout to remind the lads we have fireworks after? That should work.

• Looks like the players got a bollocking at half time for all that fancy Dan passing and possession.

• Vokes looks done for the day, would be nice to see some Hanlan pace on the counter as Morecambe commit more men.