Skip to content

Not Football

Comments

• I think everyone I knew at school has 'done alright' without setting the World on fire...it was an inner city comp though so we've all still got mortgages.

• I went to Chesham Technical High School and left in 1974. Would it be a possibility that I kicked seven shades of 💩 out of either of them, or indeed any of you guys in our school football matches?

• edited April 2023

Certainly not me as you were possibly a couple of years ahead of me plus I played rugby for the school

• Do you think we're ever getting a second season of Severance? This is what i'd really like some ITK info on...

• @floyd I know it's been in production, but damn this feels too long to have had to wait already.

• Not sure how I’ll approach season 2.

For the first, I watched one a night after they were all available. 24 hours to sink in, then next episode.

It’s still the only show I’ve immediately watched again as soon as I finished it.

Absolutely magnificent. I feel sorry for the ‘all it was was some bloke walking around a corridor for ages’ people.

• feeling bereft after Succession and Apple+ about to be switched off....is it worth me binge watching?

• Without doubt. Only an opinion but the finest thing I’ve ever watched on TV.

• Big talk @arnos_grove I am now intrigued.

• John Turturro eh? Might have to give that a watch.

• I also consider it the best TV show I’ve ever watched. Faultless.

For anyone with a Disney+ sub, I can also recommend Mr Inbetween. Not quite in the same league, but for a low budget, indie, Aussie show by a first time writer / star, it’s incredibly good.

• edited June 2023

Maybe not the finest (Early seasons of Homicide: Life on the street is the correct answer) but very fine.

• The writing and acting in Succession and Ozark have been the best TV experiences of recent years for me....with Beef also a contender I've not seen Severance yet.

• I’m disappointed that the BBC is giving this Tate character publicity. I’ve only become aware of him since they reported his arrest he has no redeeming qualities and I worry that the relationship is becoming symbiotic .

• Agree @MorrisItal2 I thought the interview was terrible and allowed him his Trumplike babble about agendas and evil women lying about him. Those who find him repellent will be repelled and like a number of blustering, lying, media manipulators, his followers will cheer his successful skewering of the liberal meeeja. Like interviewing Jacob Rees Mogg...pointless.

• I second this. Have you seen The Magician @drcongo ?

I thought Last King of the Cross was pretty decent too and am now enjoying Deadloch, which is very funny.

• I haven't seen The Magician, but I do want to now. Last King of the Cross was good, but as supposedly the most expensive Aussie TV series ever, it absolutely should be. A bit economical with the truth though.

• From what I’ve gathered the man allegedly is a vile misogynist who makes his money by selling a corrupt version of masculinity that has nothing to do with real masculinity to insecure men . Hopefully the Romanian authorities will after a fair trial take him away.

• I think there are allegedly other more criminal activities that fund his lifestyle...which is why he's up before the Romanian beak. As you say hopefully they have a good case and he and his brother have a long stretch before them.

• Just to say there are few things more satisfying than watching the Tory Party implode.

• What are we on now? Series 6? Not sure they can keep the quality of the previous implosions up, but fingers crossed.

• It really is superb entertainment

• I’ve given up news, what are the NatC party up to now?

• They are trying to make everyone in the country have a richer, healthier, fairer, equitable and fulfilling life.

• Sorry. I have just been informed I am suffering from severe sunstroke…

• Oh dear, ABdPJ is still claiming that "it wasn't me guv", "I dun nuffing wrong" & "its those 2 nasty labourites that want rid of me". FFS I know he wanted to be "King of the World" & hates to lose but for once in his misbegotten, venal life could he just accept he fucked up.

Meanwhile the Tories are in danger of sunderring into 3 parties the ERG inspired ultra-right (who are too obnoxious for Farage & Tice), the NatC traditionalists (read racists & snobs who want to do a deal with Farage & Tice) & the neo-con technocrats (who want to become a mixture of Singapore on Thames & the 51st state of the USA) - frankly none are electable.

I am fully expecting the johnsonites to continue to resign ove rth eweekedn leading the Tories to go full supernova in the not too distant future, precipitating an unexpectedly early GE.

As for Starmers zionist apologists, with their rampant control freakery & establishment tendencies the least said the better.

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000kr94

This currently on bbc one. Class