Skip to content

Rob's play-off final message

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    I can't believe so many are having conniptions over this instead of the fact that we're being forced to buy the crappiest seats first.

Not sure I understand this... They were always going to fill the lower tier first - as they do for every playoff final. What seats are you holding out for?

• @Last_Quarter said:

@drcongo said:
    I can't believe so many are having conniptions over this instead of the fact that we're being forced to buy the crappiest seats first.

Not sure I understand this... They were always going to fill the lower tier first - as they do for every playoff final. What seats are you holding out for?

Yeah, has to be some chance we don't get any more, they won't open other sections higher up unless / until we sell out the first set as it costs them in stewards and concessions, and any blocks further along will go to Sunderland unless we have obvious demand.

• @Last_Quarter said:

@drcongo said:

The middle tier. It's just better.

• @Malone said:
    Gentle advice is to take less time finding stuff on the Internet to get upset by ?

As we used to say in the newspaper industry (when people read actual papers rather than the internet), today’s news is tomorrow’s chip paper. Something else will soon come along to make people angrily return to their keyboards.

• As we used to say in the newspaper industry (when people read actual papers rather than the internet), today’s news is tomorrow’s chip paper. Something else will soon come along to make people angrily return to their keyboards.

As Harold Evans, famous Fleet St editor, regularly reminded his journalist “when we are getting bored with a subject our readers are just getting interested”.

• Statement in-line has now been re-edited for clarity.
    So, ‘nothing to see here’.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Statement in-line has now been re-edited for clarity.

Much better! Perception is more important than intention with this kind of thong.

• If Netflix wanted to do a behind the scenes documentary about how to run a sustainable League 1 club, then they could do a lot worse than look at Wycombe. If someone then called us a Netflix show I really wouldn't be in the least bit bothered. In fact I'd take it as a compliment to the club.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    Statement in-line has now been re-edited for clarity.

Much better! Perception is more important than intention with this kind of thong.

I'm not sure what your intention is with that thong, but my perception is that it's highly inappropriate.

• Thongs aren’t what they used to be…

• A small change but that reads much better.

Taking feedback and adapting is the sign of a mature and responsible person. Well done Rob.

• What's the change?

• I thought the 'Red Wall' were all for freedom of speech and fed up with 'snowflakes' getting offended?

Ah well.

• @drcongo said:
    What's the change?

From ‘is a Netflix show’ to ‘has a Netflix show’.

Fair play to Rob for changing. Unfortunately I think it’s already sent all of the Sunderland fans / media into a spin, but probably will be forgotten about this time next week as the game gets closer.

• @drcongo said:

@Last_Quarter said:

@drcongo said:

The middle tier. It's just better.

The middle tier was available the second I logged in?
    Dead centre 200s.

Didn't go there due to a pal's budgetary constraints, but would have otherwise.

• I think there are other more important issues to fret over than RCs original words. It all appears to be people micro analysing so that they can be "offended". Maybe it's just an age thing and I am too old to give a poo?

• @Jonny said:

@drcongo said:
    What's the change?

From ‘is a Netflix show’ to ‘has a Netflix show’.

Fair play to Rob for changing. Unfortunately I think it’s already sent all of the Sunderland fans / media into a spin, but probably will be forgotten about this time next week as the game gets closer.

Anyone with any balance knew what he meant.

To run away thinking "Sunderland are such a joke, a low brow tv show in essence", as opposed to "this lot are so big time they have a tv show about them" was a strange take.

• Thanks @Jonny.

The only reason this is in the local press in the north east is because our own fans went pearl clutching and posting it all over the internet. What a shame.

• Reference to the existence of their Netflix show... Reference to our full car park...

Sunderland fans can make an "internet story" out of anything, it seems.

• You have to be very touchy and looking to take offence to be upset by his comments. There is a football match coming up and it will happen on the pitch not on the internet.

• For a club that some of them regard as being of no consequence, and there to be rolled over, they do engage in an awful lot of bedwetting over the slightest comment from Wycombe. If it was the other way round, I'd find it rather embarrassing.

• Most fans who deride us are utter hypocrites anyway. The amount of "I hope we take a 1-0 lead and then timewaste" type comments I see from Sunderland fans just sums it up.

• As I said before, I think even the faintest glimmer of a sliver of a possibility that it might be US of all teams that wins the final is giving them the heebie jeebies.

• One thing is certain, apart from Wycombe and Sunderland fans no one cares and actually gives a shit ! I mentioned it to a QPR supporting colleague of mine, and he just shrugged his shoulders and was like 'yeah whatever' ... but then said ' just make sure you win! '

• I didn't see it but weren't Sunderland ?housing their way through the game with Wednesday?

• @bluenotes said:
    For a club that some of them regard as being of no consequence, and there to be rolled over, they do engage in an awful lot of bedwetting over the slightest comment from Wycombe. If it was the other way round, I'd find it rather embarrassing.

Sunderland: the Piers Morgan of football.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    One thing is certain, apart from Wycombe and Sunderland fans no one cares and actually gives a shit ! I mentioned it to a QPR supporting colleague of mine, and he just shrugged his shoulders and was like 'yeah whatever' ... but then said ' just make sure you win! '

Yet to meet anyone who cares in real life

• @Username said:
    He's trying to drum up interest, no harm in it!

Jesus dont bring drums into it. Are you trying to start a riot lol

• I’m sure @wwfcrob would want to make clear that his dalliance with the Wyc predates Mr Couhig’s arrival by several years.