Skip to content

Wimbledon away sold out

Let's hope we're still in it by then! COYB!

Comments

• Mathematically we have to still be in it then don't we?

Putting my fan hat on it's almost inconceivable that this thought can be on the table.

It's going to the last game

• It might not even do that! Three wins and a draw over the next four games would probably seal it, especially if the draw is against Sheffield Wednesday. Ambitious, I know, and my good friend in Sarf London (Charlton till he dies) thinks we will do well to get a point at the Priestfield Stadium on Saturday. Neil Harris has them battling well.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Mathematically we have to still be in it then don't we?

Putting my fan hat on it's almost inconceivable that this thought can be on the table.

It's going to the last game

Emitting hot air again Righty?

• Might need tin hats on Saturday. The chips will be down alright.

• @micra said:
    It might not even do that! Three wins and a draw over the next four games would probably seal it, especially if the draw is against Sheffield Wednesday. Ambitious, I know, and my good friend in Sarf London (Charlton till he dies) thinks we will do well to get a point at the Priestfield Stadium on Saturday. Neil Harris has them battling well.

I reckon 81 points will seal it. 80 points if we can improve our goal difference above seventh.

• @micra said:
    It might not even do that! Three wins and a draw over the next four games would probably seal it, especially if the draw is against Sheffield Wednesday. Ambitious, I know, and my good friend in Sarf London (Charlton till he dies) thinks we will do well to get a point at the Priestfield Stadium on Saturday. Neil Harris has them battling well.

I like this angle. That we could have already sealed playoffs before the last game!!

• @Malone said:

@micra said:

I like this angle. That we could have already sealed playoffs before the last game!!

I was going to say we never do it the easy way, but we kind of did in 2017/18.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

It's a must-win game!

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

It's a must-win game!

Don't!

• I anticipate issues pre-match for this game, due to many people not sitting in their allocated seat.

Despite being a ST holder, I waited until general sale to buy a group of tickets, under the impression that at that point, there was no restrictions (within reason) on purchasing multiple tickets.

However, I was informed by the ticket office it was still one ticket per person.

With everyone being forced to buy individually, and allocated seating being enforced, a significant number of people will be sitting away from their friends and family.

Hopefully people can shuffle around mostly amicably.

• Gasroom pedants are hovering...

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I anticipate issues pre-match for this game, due to many people not sitting in their allocated seat.

Despite being a ST holder, I waited until general sale to buy a group of tickets, under the impression that at that point, there was no restrictions (within reason) on purchasing multiple tickets.

However, I was informed by the ticket office it was still one ticket per person.

With everyone being forced to buy individually, and allocated seating being enforced, a significant number of people will be sitting away from their friends and family.

Hopefully people can shuffle around mostly amicably.

I was able to buy one for a mate - just had to put his email down and it picked up his ticketing account. But I am also dreading the seating aggro.

• Still waiting for the definition of "must win game"

(if we'd drawn tuesday night's we'd currently be one place out of the play offs on goal difference with 5 games left and the team above us on goal difference and below us by a point due to play each other on saturday)

• It's just a cliché; it's not that deep.

• I've never, in my entire life, come across someone with so little comprehension of metaphor and figurative speech. For that person to then be the "who can say what" police is the absolute height of irony.

• A game we must win. Some people may not agree that it is or isn't...but that's basically the definition. 'I'm still waiting...' is veering a bit towards Dev of old territory.

• Sorry, just realised I need to clarify '"who can say what" police' for Eric. I don't mean that you're literally a policeman, just that you're extremely fond of telling people on this forum what they can and can't say.

• Do keep up old chap. The endless policing of the figure of speech "must-win game".

• Or criticising refs. Or not boycotting MK. Or literally anything DevC says.

• @drcongo said:
    I've never, in my entire life, come across someone with so little comprehension of metaphor and figurative speech. For that person to then be the "who can say what" police is the absolute height of irony.

I'd say, at a brief glance you've misused about 5 terms there, if I am allowed to play that role

• @Wendoverman said:
    A game we must win. Some people may not agree that it is or isn't...but that's basically the definition. 'I'm still waiting...' is veering a bit towards Dev of old territory.

Nope, you're saying its literal meaning. We already know (have been told) that that's not what it is. But good to have another one in the "must win" means "must win" camp. Welcome!

• Given that you have less understanding of the nuances of language than my primary school children, I'm keen to see it!

• You're just confusing me now Eric, which I am sure makes you swell with pride.

• Not at all.

Somebody said that must win doesn't literally mean must win

I asked well what does it mean then?

No-one answered, but then you came back today explaining that it literally means must win. Which I, of course, agree with.

I mean, it's not that interesting a discussion I'll certainly grant you that. But it passes a bit of time between games

• @eric_plant said:

@drcongo said:
    I've never, in my entire life, come across someone with so little comprehension of metaphor and figurative speech. For that person to then be the "who can say what" police is the absolute height of irony.

I'd say, at a brief glance you've misused about 5 terms there, if I am allowed to play that role

Name them.

• See what you've started, @MindlessDrugHoover...

• @mooneyman said:

@eric_plant said:

@drcongo said:

Name them.

Yeah, come on Eric. This is a must-win game for you now. I think we probably want @micra in here as ref though.

• The Wimbledon website says:

iii. If there is more than one hour's play, but less than two hours' play, refunds will be limited to half the amount paid.

So if we can keep timewasting to less than 30 minutes it's only £11

• Jesus.... I'm just quietly closing the door, I didn't enter this thread