Skip to content

Loan watch

Comments

• Malachi Linton's brace on Saturday makes it four goals in four games, six in nine, eight in total for the season. This in spite of a struggling King's Lynn team.

Good to see him finding the net regularly now, and good timing for his end of season review. Shame we can't see him play.

• Strikers bagging hatfuls in lower leagues always reminds me of John Sutton going to the Scottish Prem where he lead the scoring table playing for a middling team.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Strikers bagging hatfuls in lower leagues always reminds me of John Sutton going to the Scottish Prem where he lead the scoring table playing for a middling team.

One of the biggest disappointments we've had up front.

Billed as this hot property we'd supposedly beaten numerous higher league clubs to bag, we thought we'd bought a striker like his brother.

Instead we got a guy who was nothing like him physically, and barely scored any.
    Then went back home and scored loads again.

• I blame Lambert for that one. He showed what an inept manager he was by trying to play him in a role and way that he was never comfortable in. The guy obviously had some skill and eye for goal but when he scores for everyone except your side, there is only one reason for that.

• Eastleigh was definitely a mistake for Tjay. Went there when they were a total mess and as soon as they got a competent manager who got them playing well he picked up a nasty injury. Seems he's out of the national team too as he's not in today's squad.

• Oh dear...Jack must be one for next season I assume.

• That’s terrible luck for Malachi.

• Bromley say Connor Parsons has been recalled, so he misses out on the FA Trophy Final (on Sunday 22nd v Wrexham) but might be in the squad for the League One Play-off Final.

• PJSPJS
    edited May 2022

Think Connor was already cup tied for the FA trophy

• Ali Al-Hamadi has scored for Bromley, taking his tally to 3.

• @thedieharder said:
    Ali Al-Hamadi has scored for Bromley, taking his tally to 3.

Definitely one to watch!

• Al-Hamadi has won the FA Trophy with Bromley.

• Ellery Balcombe anyone?

• Sorry, not the time or place (and for all we know we may well have another gem in Tyla Dickenson) but I just witnessed a remarkable reflex save by the Brentford loanee to give Bromley the FA Trophy.

• How is Wakeley doing? The seemingly forgotten signing...

• Another very tall central defender, if I remember correctly.

• Jasper Pattenden has gone on loan to Dorking. That must make half a dozenish loans now.

• Didn't appreciate they were in the National League. That is a good loan for him. I think when we start shipping out players below National League South or North the writing is on the wall.

• I hope he has a good spell, he looks the nearest to breaking through of the development squad.

• As soon as we were knocked out of the cups, i think Gaz said it was time to ship players on loan.

With some of these lads on 1 year deals, and going on loan as early as November, they've really got it all to do to make it with us.

I suppose that is exactly how it should be though.

• Shame he's gone to a club with a fake pitch

• Do we not qualify for the Professional Development League? Is that academy only?

• No, we’re effectively outside of the professional development system as a result of not running an academy.

On the plus side we save the costs of having an academy and pick off other clubs cast-offs (and hope they’ve got it wrong).

The flip side of that is we don’t get a development league to play in.

• It's a great little ground though, you can watch the game out the window of the upstairs bar.

• Isn't that against the weird FA regulation that says you can't drink within view of the pitch?

• Maybe, but dunno if it counts at that level. They were conference south when I visited.

• Drinking in-view of the pitch is permitted below the National League Premier.