Skip to content

New website and WanderersTV

Comments

• Not everything, just most things

• @aloysius said:

@AlanCecil said:

@drcongo said:
    It gives you live audio for matches too.

You will still need to pay for the audio feed:

"Unfortunately, EFL broadcast regulations mean that we aren’t able to offer any live match content at a discounted or complimentary rate, or as part of any special promotions, so you would still need to purchase a monthly audio pass to hear live audio commentaries, or match passes to watch games that aren’t played at 3pm on a Saturday."

In that case, how are the club able to offer an international subscription for £25 a month including all matches live on video? That's a major discount on the £10 a match fee.

Just to irritate you @aloysius

• @Shev said:
    @bluntphil - loved the Vipienne shout out. Did you explain it to Nick Freeman later? He seemed bemused!

He's booked a couple of weeks there for this summer.

• This is the closest-sounding place to a real Vipienne that I could find

• @aloysius said:
    It was a question, @arnos_grove. Not everything needs to be a conspiracy. But, am I right in thinking you are a journalist by trade? If so it surprises me that you seem so reticent to use any of those skills you were taught to ask questions yourself.

You asked him a question, and he answered.

You can't watch games on saturdays at 3pm in the UK (outside of VPNs), that's different to international rules.

So it stands to reason that the rules are different in other ways too.

• I didn't receive the email. Anyone else in the same boat?

• @eric_plant said:
    I didn't receive the email. Anyone else in the same boat?

It was in my spam/junk file if that's any help. Only found it by accident!

• @Wendoverman said:

@eric_plant said:
    I didn't receive the email. Anyone else in the same boat?

It was in my spam/junk file if that's any help. Only found it by accident!

Ditto

• @Malone said:

@aloysius said:
    It was a question, @arnos_grove. Not everything needs to be a conspiracy. But, am I right in thinking you are a journalist by trade? If so it surprises me that you seem so reticent to use any of those skills you were taught to ask questions yourself.

You asked him a question, and he answered.

I know, that was the point I was making. I can't quite understand why it's proven so controversial.

• As I will no doubt be trailing around emporia with Mrs W in MK land rather than in Vipienne at the weekend, can anyone tell me at what point will the extended highlights of the weekend game drop into my Wanderers TV content delivery area?

• About 9am on the Sunday I seem to recall, but not checked since the ditching of iFollow.

• Cheers Doc...

• Yes, going to be meeting my new 5 day old Granddaughter for the first time at 3pm tomorrow so highlights for me too.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Yes, going to be meeting my new 5 day old Granddaughter for the first time at 3pm tomorrow so highlights for me too.

Much better reason than mine. Congratulations!!!

• Congratulations @ValleyWanderer. Great times ahead.

• Thank you. Excited and also a little scared as we had 2 boys and they in turn have up to now, produced 2 boys! Harriet is an early baby at 4 lb 6 oz but is described by my son Matt as "a perfect mini package" and all I've seen thus far will back that up! She's beautiful. Let you all know later tomorrow.

• Wonderful news, @ValleyWanderer! All the very best to all your newly extended family!

• Have I missed something. Is the option to purchase a "per game" audio pass no longer available?

• Anyone getting Watford - Man U commentary?

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Anyone getting Watford - Man U commentary?

Yep

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Anyone getting Watford - Man U commentary?

Not now, did have it until now.

• Yeah, they were having some issues with comms - fixed now

• edited February 2022

Anyone else's stream occasionally pause (as opposed to freeze) for no apparent reason?

• Can’t wait to watch it!

• This Ainsworth lad looks decent. Not sure about the collar though.

• Having input my 'Gift from the Club to the end of the season' Wanderers TV code last month and it was accepted, I notice today that they've (My Quarters) messaged to thank me for the successful debit of £4.50 from my card!!

• @ValleyWanderer, had you already set up a monthly audio pass subscription? If so then perhaps you need to cancel it.

• I had a few comments and questions regarding WanderersTV, which I'm sure fans living abroad/VPN users may want answering.

Firstly, I was impressed by the ease of switching over from a user's point of view. The code worked perfectly, and I've had no issues.

1. Will there be an app coming out soon?

2. It's a shame the 10-second rewind feature on iFollow has been lost. Are there plans to reinstate this feature?

3. Is it necessary to have such a big WanderersTV logo in the top right corner?

4. I was hoping with the switch over, the extended highlights would have @bluntphil 's commentary, rather than someone external who can't pronounce players' names correctly. Will it happen in the future?

5. While I understand why the club uses an injured player for co-commentary, the coverage is much better when Sam Avery, Marcus Bean, or Matt Cecil are on the microphone.

6. I've been really impressed with the extra coverage since @bluntphil has been appointed. Sometimes it's tough being abroad and away from friends and family, and having someone who isn't only dedicated to his job and Wycombe Wanderers but is talented and funny helps fill the void of not being there in person. Thanks to Matt Cecil for his work since the internet got involved with the football club; it's such a classy operation.