Skip to content

New website and WanderersTV

Comments

• It feels like one of those days when you youngsters are trying to blind us oldies with capital letter abbreviations. (I’m scared to say acronyms after being pulled up last year for describing abbreviations that didn’t spell a word as acronyms!)

In my book:

TOTP = Top of the Pops
    PES = Public Expenditure Survey
    VC = Victoria Cross
    EGL = ? Assume @bigred87 meant EFL

There’s no hope for me. And now I’ve been put into a total spin by talk of access to all away matches via Vipienne. I got lost several months ago en route to that idyllic spot. Had barely crossed the Channel in fact. I think I’ll prioritise switching from iFollow to WycombeTV for now.

• @micra said:
    It feels like one of those days when you youngsters are trying to blind us oldies with capital letter abbreviations. (I’m scared to say acronyms after being pulled up last year for describing abbreviations that didn’t spell a word as acronyms!)

In my book:

TOTP = Top of the Pops
    VC = Victoria Cross

There’s no hope for me. And now I’ve been put into a total spin by talk of access to all away matches via Vipienne. I got lost several months ago en route to that idyllic spot. Had barely crossed the Channel in fact. I think I’ll prioritise switching from iFollow to WycombeTV for now.

PES got redesignated to Pro Eco Soccer in the early 90s I believe.

• TOTP is Time-based One Time Password @micra - sorry, my day job slipped into my gasroom me for a moment.

• @drcongo said:
    TOTP is Time-based One Time Password @micra - sorry, my day job slipped into my gasroom me for a moment.

I was intrigued to find out what Dave Lee Travers and Pans People's involvement in the new channel would be!

• @micra said:
    It feels like one of those days when you youngsters are trying to blind us oldies with capital letter abbreviations. (I’m scared to say acronyms after being pulled up last year for describing abbreviations that didn’t spell a word as acronyms!)

In my book:

TOTP = Top of the Pops
    VC = Victoria Cross

NBTHOMCCC

• @Wendoverman said:

@drcongo said:
    TOTP is Time-based One Time Password @micra - sorry, my day job slipped into my gasroom me for a moment.

I was intrigued to find out what Dave Lee Travers and Pans People's involvement in the new channel would be!

Dave Lee Travis new identity needs some work

• @Malone said:

@micra said:

In my book:

TOTP = Top of the Pops
    VC = Victoria Cross

NBTHOMCCC

Nothing Beats The Home of Middlesex County Cricket Club?

• @micra said:

@Malone said:

@micra said:

In my book:

TOTP = Top of the Pops
    VC = Victoria Cross

NBTHOMCCC

Nothing Beats The Home of Middlesex County Cricket Club?

Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

BWK

• NOOO! Blooms, thou hast only made creekin’ Chairfolk collapse.

• Just got a code to get access for the rest of the season as a result of not redeeming my Season ticket. A nice surprise in my Junk folder!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Just got a code to get access for the rest of the season as a result of not redeeming my Season ticket. A nice surprise in my Junk folder!

I got quite excited that I might be able to watch some of the away games. But alas no, it's only for the interviews, highlights and extras. Still have to pay for the matches... unless I've read it completely wrong. To have a pass for some matches would've been nice.

• It gives you live audio for matches too.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Just got a code to get access for the rest of the season as a result of not redeeming my Season ticket. A nice surprise in my Junk folder!

I got quite excited that I might be able to watch some of the away games. But alas no, it's only for the interviews, highlights and extras. Still have to pay for the matches... unless I've read it completely wrong. To have a pass for some matches would've been nice.

I wasn't expecting the Moon on a Stick! :smile:

• Decent freebie.
    Hopefully it stops a few people moaning about "what did we actually get for letting the club keep the season ticket money" etc.

• @Malone said:
    Decent freebie.
    Hopefully it stops a few people moaning about "what did we actually get for letting the club keep the season ticket money" etc.

It’s a decent thank you from the club. Anyone know if it can go to another user as I’ve already got free access for being a super fan (or getting the remaining iFollow subscription rolled forward. Not sure which)

As the club are scouring the gas room for media ideas how about giving everyone free access for the rest of the season to show people what it is all about. Then they’ll have a database to sell to next season.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:
    Decent freebie.

It’s a decent thank you from the club. Anyone know if it can go to another user as I’ve already got free access for being a super fan (or getting the remaining iFollow subscription rolled forward. Not sure which)

As the club are scouring the gas room for media ideas how about giving everyone free access for the rest of the season to show people what it is all about. Then they’ll have a database to sell to next season.

You can just give your code to someone, can't imagine there's any validation against your details.

It certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to give it to everyone for a limited trial, but maybe a couple of weeks at the end of the season, so us legendary money donaters have this as a specific thank you.

The full match is an interesting addition. Not sure how quickly they get it online though, as for me the only way I could imagine sitting through a 90min game after the event, is if it's up so quick you can access it without finding the score out.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

Just wait for the Eastern European Power Station content to drop...

• The Russian hackers massing on your border are merely undertaking exercises.

• @drcongo said:
    It gives you live audio for matches too.

@Wendoverman said:
    The Russian hackers massing on your border are merely undertaking exercises.

We will be entering the republic of Vipienne purely as peacekeepers

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@drcongo said:

@Wendoverman said:
    The Russian hackers massing on your border are merely undertaking exercises.

We will be entering the republic of Vipienne purely as peacekeepers

Actually it never really existed!!

• edited February 2022

@drcongo said:

You will still need to pay for the audio feed:

"Unfortunately, EFL broadcast regulations mean that we aren’t able to offer any live match content at a discounted or complimentary rate, or as part of any special promotions, so you would still need to purchase a monthly audio pass to hear live audio commentaries, or match passes to watch games that aren’t played at 3pm on a Saturday."

• This is not a moan but I haven't understood what benefit is being offered to those of us who didn't take a refund and who also already paid upfront for ifollow/ WWTV until the end of the season. I will be attending all the home games, so the only benefit would appear to be an entitlement to watch any midweek away games.
    Is there anything else?

• @Thicketblue see @AlanCecil post above. You won’t get to watch midweek games as EFL regs don’t allow them to be given away.

• Ahh, thanks @AlanCecil - I misunderstood.

• @bluntphil - loved the Vipienne shout out. Did you explain it to Nick Freeman later? He seemed bemused!

• @AlanCecil said:

@drcongo said:

"Unfortunately, EFL broadcast regulations mean that we aren’t able to offer any live match content at a discounted or complimentary rate, or as part of any special promotions, so you would still need to purchase a monthly audio pass to hear live audio commentaries, or match passes to watch games that aren’t played at 3pm on a Saturday."

In that case, how are the club able to offer an international subscription for £25 a month including all matches live on video? That's a major discount on the £10 a match fee.

• So, for those of us who have already transferred their iFollow subscription, does it give us anything?

I'm not actually that bothered as my ST refund donation was just that - I didn't expect anything in return, but I'm wondering if I've missed anything or if I should have read the email more carefully :-)

• @aloysius said:

@AlanCecil said:

@drcongo said:

In that case, how are the club able to offer an international subscription for £25 a month including all matches live on video? That's a major discount on the £10 a match fee.

Due to those EFL broadcast regulations being different for those living outside the UK.

• The almost inevitable @aloysius conclusion that Rob Couhig is offering favourable discounts to his overseas pals, while fleecing the locals, expertly nipped in the bud.

• It was a question, @arnos_grove. Not everything needs to be a conspiracy. But, am I right in thinking you are a journalist by trade? If so it surprises me that you seem so reticent to use any of those skills you were taught to ask questions yourself.