Skip to content

January transfer window - where do you think we strengthen?

123457»

Comments

• @Chris said:
    I always thought he was alright! Did well when he played, but third choice behind El Abd and Stewart. Miles better than Müller or De Havilland. Contributed to our promotion.

Ah Muller.

We waited a good 6months to get him battle ready, then never looked anything more than someone who could just about exist in league football unfortunately.

Paul Hayes did him no favours at all with his "we can't believe we've got him" sell!

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Glenactico said:
    I did wonder if their 'sources' were in fact the Gasroom...

I'd say that is exactly how they sourced that article.

In that case Wendoverman has $110 million in Nigerian gold hidden in some caves close to Lagos...if everyone sends him £100 to fund an expedition to retrieve it they can have a share.

• @Malone said:
    We waited a good 6months to get him battle ready, then never looked anything more than someone who could just about exist in league football unfortunately.

Not sure he looked as good as that

• @PBo said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

Last season - what a great signing Horgan is, wow he tore us apart v Preston.

I find Horgan pretty frustrating personally despite the flashes of obvious quality.

But.

This sets up another obvious thread tangent with worryingly little to do with the original title.

Do players signed on the basis of “well, they looked good against us” ever deliver?

Martin Bullock - no

Stefan Oakes - not bad, although to be fair this was a delight: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6116390.stm

Fola Onibuje - um…no.

I imagine Bayo and Scott McGleish must have faced us several times over the years, but don’t remember them greatly from an opposition perspective, and they wouldn’t have been signed only on the basis of a game against us (see also Sam Saunders who faced us w/ Dag & Red).

FOLA ONIBUJE!! He was just as shite against us the week before he joined (or whatever it was) which made his signing even more baffling! In fairness we signed Bullock about 3yrs too late.

• @username123 said:

@PBo said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

Last season - what a great signing Horgan is, wow he tore us apart v Preston.

I find Horgan pretty frustrating personally despite the flashes of obvious quality.

But.

This sets up another obvious thread tangent with worryingly little to do with the original title.

Do players signed on the basis of “well, they looked good against us” ever deliver?

Martin Bullock - no

Stefan Oakes - not bad, although to be fair this was a delight: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6116390.stm

Fola Onibuje - um…no.

I imagine Bayo and Scott McGleish must have faced us several times over the years, but don’t remember them greatly from an opposition perspective, and they wouldn’t have been signed only on the basis of a game against us (see also Sam Saunders who faced us w/ Dag & Red).

FOLA ONIBUJE!! He was just as shite against us the week before he joined (or whatever it was) which made his signing even more baffling! In fairness we signed Bullock about 3yrs too late.

I counter that with Steve Thompson

• Kim Casey.

• edited December 2021

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this, but he's been discussed on here. Another great lad!