Skip to content

Match day thread: Ipswich

Comments

• Things went so well generally since not playing Ipswich that even a loss or draw tonight and a mystical certainty of a win back then does not mean we should have played it, as it would have created an alternate reality that might have seen us lose to Rotherham and Morecambe, for all we know.

• @bigred87 said:
    @drcongo a few weeks ago I recall you saying you had a lovely vegan dog/burger... where was this from mate?

It was a hot dog from a vegan burger van just inside the gates at an early home game, but I've not seen them since unfortunately - I really wanted to try their burger.

• Aww no worries I'll have a look around... thank you

• Seems odd that the "village" has gone backwards a bit in terms of food offering. Felt like a lot more choice of interesting stalls when it first started, plus the Tom Kerridge pies out of the old ticket window, but now down to only a couple of options. Presumably the couple which we made the most commission from

• The vegan hotdog van pre covid was so good.... So sad they folded....

• I hope Sheeran is there tonight - we have a pretty decent record against teams supported by overrated pop stars at home on Tuesday nights in November.

• Anyone know if Funky Elephant will be there tonight? Veggie/vegan options look non-existent otherwise.

• Has that been a regular this season @ReturnToSenda ?

• @bigred87 said:
    Has that been a regular this season @ReturnToSenda ?

I haven't noticed it, but then I don't eat at the ground unless it's a rush to get there on a weeknight!

• Not keen on BBQ stuff myself, too smokey and bitter. Loved the German Sausage though.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    Will the German sausage stall be there I wonder?

Doesn't look like it.

"The Hellfire Super BBQ will be up and running ahead of the game, manned by resident chef Will Shaw and his talented team of staff. Chairboys fans will be able to enjoy from a selection of pulled pork rolls, burgers amongst other BBQ classics.

The Caledonian Suite and Chairboys Village are open from 5pm. The Away Fans Village will also be open for Ipswich fans."

The Hellfire BBQ was very good. But I can't escape that for 8 quid it wasn't value for money. Same as the pies inside the ground.

On another note I don't understand why there is no food offering after the game. There MUST be pies ready to hit the bit that are unsold so why not knock em out at 3 quid a go to cold beer drinkers? Win win

• For those still banging on about postponing the original game, Ipswich Town go into the game with several players doubtful through illness and injury. They’re arguably weaker tonight than they were back in early September.

It’s all about what you do on the day / night anyway. Come on you Bluesss!

• @glasshalfempty said:
    For those still banging on about postponing the original game, Ipswich Town go into the game with several players doubtful through illness and injury. They’re arguably weaker tonight than they were back in early September.

Amen

• @glasshalfempty said:
    For those still banging on about postponing the original game, Ipswich Town go into the game with several players doubtful through illness and injury. They’re arguably weaker tonight than they were back in early September.

Plus we're far stronger than we would have been back then given the injuries we had on top of any international call-ups.

• edited November 2021

@bigred87 Good news! Am told Funky Goat will be there tonight - near main entrance.

• Funky ELEPHANT, even!

• FmGFmG
    edited November 2021

Excellent news. Just looked on their Instagram page and it says as well as tonight they'll be at the Portsmouth, Sunderland, MK and Doncaster matches

• I must still be thinking of Crazy Goat coffee shop in Amersham - which, for those of you who love your proper coffee, is incredible.

• Any news on Gmac? I've got a feeling he'll be back tonight

• @bigred87 said:
    Any news on Gmac? I've got a feeling he'll be back tonight

Unavailable according to the preview

• Vegan burger from Hellfire is very good

• Back to the Ipswich badge. The horse looks like quite a useful footballer - comfortable in possession, very hard to tackle and with a definite turn of pace.

• Wheeler starts.......

• edited November 2021

Is that a 3-5-2 I spy?

• Normal formation isn't it?

Wheeler one of the front three

• Could be, Wheeler or Obita in the three. I'm probably just seeing what I want to see

• Cheering on from home tonight as I’m not 100% nothing on the screen as yet

• Get well soon mate. COYB!