Skip to content

Match day thread: Ipswich

15678911»

Comments

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    It's good football provokes discussion and different opinions. For the first 20mins I thought we looked good and as per usual when dominating should have scored more than just the one goal. For the next 70 mins I thought we were completely outplayed as per the Coventry game. Partly because we were poor but mostly because they played some fantastic flowing football on the floor that stretched us.

That's pretty much how I saw it too, though I'm also fairly convinced there was a tactical switch on our part at ~20 minutes which basically invited them to come at us - we completely stopped passing either short or on the floor at that point.

Also, thanks for the post @MaySixth - I like it when opposition fans take the time to come on here and join in - especially as they need to go through the approval process. I'd like to make it easier to sign up and start posting immediately, but that would just open the door to @argylephil again.

• Whilst agreeing Ipswich were the better side, there were certainly a few 'what if' moments which had they gone the other way (Their deflected equaliser that Stockdale should've saved, the foul on Hanlan in the build up to their 3rd) may have changed the flow of the game. We also had a very strong spell at 1-3, where we could easily have got back into the game had we put away our chances.

That Coventry game we were really just outplayed from the 1st minute and never looked remotely like getting anything apart from perhaps the 30 seconds or so after Bayo equalised early on.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Whilst agreeing Ipswich were the better side, there were certainly a few 'what if' moments which had they gone the other way (Their deflected equaliser that Stockdale should've saved, the foul on Hanlan in the build up to their 3rd) may have changed the flow of the game. We also had a very strong spell at 1-3, where we could easily have got back into the game had we put away our chances.

That Coventry game we were really just outplayed from the 1st minute and never looked remotely like getting anything apart from perhaps the 30 seconds or so after Bayo equalised early on.

Appalling corner and Gape (was it?) error meaning they romped away and scored straight away for their second too.

• @drcongo said:

Also, thanks for the post @MaySixth - I like it when opposition fans take the time to come on here and join in - especially as they need to go through the approval process. I'd like to make it easier to sign up and start posting immediately, but that would just open the door to @argylephil again.

I like the idea of an approval process, what year were we denied entry into the London Senior Cup, whose cousin was Keith Ryan, which fruit reminds you of Tony Adams, that sort of thing.

• @drcongo said:

@YorkshireBlue said:
    It's good football provokes discussion and different opinions. For the first 20mins I thought we looked good and as per usual when dominating should have scored more than just the one goal. For the next 70 mins I thought we were completely outplayed as per the Coventry game. Partly because we were poor but mostly because they played some fantastic flowing football on the floor that stretched us.

That's pretty much how I saw it too, though I'm also fairly convinced there was a tactical switch on our part at ~20 minutes which basically invited them to come at us - we completely stopped passing either short or on the floor at that point.

I think Scowen was told to start man marking Celina after we scored

• Good to read the comments from the Ipswich fan and makes a nice change from the usual biased, cliche ridden, stereotypical nonsense whenever we play the usual suspects.

• I forgot to mention this before, but can I thank everyone who attended for observing the minute's silence. I know we missed the usual players warming up and kicking balls around the bloke playing the last post nonsense, but except for a few coughs it was impeccable.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I forgot to mention this before, but can I thank everyone who attended for observing the minute's silence. I know we missed the usual players warming up and kicking balls around the bloke playing the last post nonsense, but except for a few coughs it was impeccable.

Hope those coughing had masks on or had been recently tested. The cough breaking the silence has largely gone altogether from theatre when I've been.

The silence was impeccable