Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

123457»

Comments

• Don’t do cheap stuff @Wendoverman. The lazier grave robbers will have a field day.

• Does anyone else go to games alone? I've been trying to get friends/cousins/my kids to come for years but gave up... I guess they don't have the bug...

• Yes, me. Same story, boys used to come when they were at home but now in their mid 30's and each married with young family and living an hour away.....sigh. Mrs VW comes occasionally though. Don't like being out in the cold so prefer the Caledonian before and after but with no Real Ale Bar/Post Match player interview (Covid, I know) now, the guy's I used to meet just aren't there. Billy no mates but not embarrassed to scream and shout on my tod when we score!

• Good to know I'm not the only one! I propose a gasroom meet up in spring time.

• I am also a loner...as my daughter lost interest. You're never alone at Adams Park!?

• I think it would be great to organise a meet up put faces to names, enjoy a good beer and chat about our wonderful club.

• @bigred87 said:
    Does anyone else go to games alone? I've been trying to get friends/cousins/my kids to come for years but gave up... I guess they don't have the bug...

Had most of the season before last lonesome, as my exiled mate didn't get a season ticket for the first time in about a decade.
    He's back this season, but not for midweeks, so I am also in the lonesome camp tonight :)

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Yes, me. Same story, boys used to come when they were at home but now in their mid 30's and each married with young family and living an hour away.....sigh. Mrs VW comes occasionally though. Don't like being out in the cold so prefer the Caledonian before and after but with no Real Ale Bar/Post Match player interview (Covid, I know) now, the guy's I used to meet just aren't there. Billy no mates but not embarrassed to scream and shout on my tod when we score!

There was a game a few seasons ago, it must have been one of our insane late wins from behind.
    But we equalised, and myself and the total random a few seats away looked at each other...but held off.

Then we scored the winner and we had a full on man hug.

Feels ridiculous admitting that, but at the time it felt soooo right :D

• edited November 2021

For some reason I feel as though this is all leading into a country song called 'Lonesome Gasroomers'...

• @Shev said:
    For some reason I feel as though this is all leading into a country song called 'Lonesome Gasroomers'...

Are you going to write and record it, Shev?

• Bob Dylan already did...