Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

Comments

• @bigred87 said:
    Bayo and Vokes on the wings, Hanlan through the middle....

That’s exactly what it looks like at the moment!

• @Malone said:

@Malone said:

@prufrock_91 said:

@drcongo said:
    Hanlan was superb against Crewe, which is almost certainly why he hasn’t been dropped today.

He missed 2 one on ones, squandered more chances, and fell over the ball twice. Woeful was perhaps strong, but 'superb' is even more so

It's almost like football fans like to use extreme ends of the scale.
    Declaring the current is the best or worst ever is the other one fans like to do.

Having said that, we are clearly the best team in history right now.

By
    Far
    The
    Greatest
    Team
    The
    World
    Has
    Ever
    Seen

"FACT" - Rafa - probably

• I was going to ask what formation we're playing @floyd

• Don't let it slip now lads please

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Fine, woeful was strong. However, noone can argue he was superb. Doesn't matter if you make your own chances if you sky them both.

I can. If you myopically judge a player by only one small aspect of their game I can imagine how someone might think he had a bad game. However, if you judge Hanlan by how often he provided an out ball, how well he held it up, how often he bamboozled the defenders to create space or a chance for himself, how often he dragged the defence out of shape to create space for others and so on and so on, then yeah, he was superb.

• @therabbittest said:
    Don't let it slip now lads please

Bollocks

• Where is Obita supposed to be playing?

• Oh FFS how did we lose a 2 goal lead?

• Sounds like we've been outdone tactically here

• Blooming heck!! Since when do we give 2 goal leads away!

• Who’s playing where now then?

• @therabbittest said:

@therabbittest said:
    Don't let it slip now lads please

Bollocks

Indeed. Hope there's not s tiny bit of arrogance creeping in? Think we can pick any old XI and then withdraw players as soon as we're winning . We don't do giving up though..

• Needless changes to strong and settled back line = shitshow? Who knew?!

• We’d have taken Bayo off then regardless of the score.

• @floyd said:
    We’d have taken Bayo off then regardless of the score.

Fair point

• Far too much space from Jacobson for their 3rd, needs to be tighter.

• We’ve sorted it out a bit now but there were a few minutes after the sub when we didn’t look like we knew how we were supposed to be set up on our left.

• Giving away so many freekicks.

• Stewart 71/1 on paddy power I’ve gone for it ??

• I’ll always take a point away from home, but it’s tough to let a two goal lead slip.

• Just finishing up my letter of complaint to Rafa Benitez

• A point away from home not a disaster...but drawing after being 3-1 up? Not like us at all. Sunderland win their game in hand and they are on the same points as us?

• 14 out of 18 available points in October.

• Disappointing. Two points definitely dropped.

• That was eventful to listen to. Rather disappointed, and surprised, to have let a two goal lead slip, and sounded like we might easily have lost it. Would be interested to hear from anyone who was there as to where they thought the balance of play may have been over the game.

• edited October 2021

Were on track for something superb, but a bit disappointing in the end.

Need to hit back against Ipswich, a, as we all suspected, much improved Ipswich to when we were due to face them.

Although they did lose today typically when we needed them to win!

• No more tinkering on Tuesday please, Gaz. Still haven't quite worked out why he abandoned the back three today.

• Did someone say that McCleary had a pre-match fitness test today or did I imagine it?