Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

Comments

• You misunderstand @EwanHoosaami. @micra is deified by some for his excellent timekeeping skills

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@uptheblues said:
    You travel 3:59 hours to sit in frgin silence and don’t even sing at all my god if your gonna do that I rather go to the library read books my god ??

Well, perhaps you should follow your own advice and visit said library. Maybe then, your use of the English language could improve?

????nice one fella don’t need to go there

• @micra said:
    Advice please, guys. A Wimbledon supporting friend reckons that, for the usual £10 fee, he is able to watch them on iFollow on a Saturday afternoon. Is that something that is allowed for certain clubs? I mentioned having to go through VPN (or whatever) but he was adamant that such subterfuge was unnecessary.
    I’m hoping to be able to watch the Ipswich game on Tuesday.

Nope, only way you can watch Saturday 3pm games is with a VPN - but Tuesday night matches are available as normal, so you'll be able to watch!

• @micra said:
    Advice please, guys. A Wimbledon supporting friend reckons that, for the usual £10 fee, he is able to watch them on iFollow on a Saturday afternoon. Is that something that is allowed for certain clubs? I mentioned having to go through VPN (or whatever) but he was adamant that such subterfuge was unnecessary.

I don’t believe this is true.

Tuesday night the game should be available.

https://www.efl.com/ifollow/

• edited October 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @micra said:

In the lockdown yes, normally no. Only exception is the occasional international break where they do allow sat 3pms. Although that isn't always a given itself.
    Unless he's based abroad of course.

• I thought games that had been rearranged from a Saturday to a Tuesday weren’t available on iFollow, could be wrong.

• edited October 2021

@drcongo said:
    I thought games that had been rearranged from a Saturday to a Tuesday weren’t available on iFollow, could be wrong.

My iFollow account will allow me to buy a video pass for the Ipswich game. So I'm assuming that it will be available to watch live on Tuesday.

• @FlyingPostman said:
    If we score early I would expect Fleetwood to throw the Kitchen sink at us 2nd half!

Eerily accurate!

• @uptheblues said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@uptheblues said:
    You travel 3:59 hours to sit in frgin silence and don’t even sing at all my god if your gonna do that I rather go to the library read books my god ??

Well, perhaps you should follow your own advice and visit said library. Maybe then, your use of the English language could improve?

????nice one fella don’t need to go there

Really? I assume you're marking your own work then.

• Signed up to NordVPN yesterday, £70 for 2 years subscription on an offer.

Felt pretty decent, less then £3 per month to watch all the away games I can no longer make due to kids etc.

• Absolutely cracking game of football made possible by our ultra attacking formation. Fleetwood looked decent and really exploited our lack of width in the first half to look quite dangerous in the first half, even if the first goal should’ve been chalked off for a foul on Scowen. We were pretty direct but absolutely bartered them in our attacking play first half. Really should’ve comfortably had 3 or 4 goals minimum but were quite wasteful.

Great start to the second half with an excellent Vokes finish, but Fleetwood really went for it and the lad on the right hand side that came on was absolutely scintillating and tore us to pieces down that side. Quite lucky to get away with a draw in the end, so a good point after all that!

Hanlan was absolutely brilliant in every aspect of the game, what a signing!

• Can't find any online published post match interview with Gareth. Anyone got a link?

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Signed up to NordVPN yesterday, £70 for 2 years subscription on an offer.

Felt pretty decent, less then £3 per month to watch all the away games I can no longer make due to kids etc.

That sounds pretty good tbh, I might have a look myself

• @HolmerBlue said:

@PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Signed up to NordVPN yesterday, £70 for 2 years subscription on an offer.

That sounds pretty good tbh, I might have a look myself

It does indeed but my own wariness about the durability/legality of such arrangements (probably misplaced) together with a life expectancy that makes me hesitate to buy green bananas combine to make this a non-starter.

I can hear my daughter’s voice ringing in my ears about not being able to take it with me.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    Did someone say that McCleary had a pre-match fitness test today or did I imagine it?

He had one the other day

Was wondering if it was Gareth upto his tricks..can remember a quote saying a player was close to return..never saw them for months.

• Thanks to @HomerLone for the encouraging response.

@Malone : me mate and his missus nip across to N’awlins from time to time (though not recently) and is firmly rooted in Great Missenden.

• @micra you can buy VPN license a month at a time, about £9-10 a month. On a rolling basis. I would use ExpressVPN rather than NordVPN as this is a bit more reliable in my experience. I understand your health situation at the moment but that makes it even more important you take pleasure in what you enjoy. Watching Wycombe is quite obviously one of those things, so please do it. Your match pass contributions do get back to the club so there is nothing to feel reticent about in your situation.

• Great advice @Quarterman. Much appreciated. I did wonder whether the club would benefit. It’s a no-brainer really and I still harbour hopes of returning to AP and my front row seat in the FA at some stage. It’s the chat (and bantz!) that I miss most - before, during and after games. Thanks again for your advice.

• You literally sign up on their website, download the app (if on an IPad) or go to the website on a PC. Log in.
    A long list of countries to select from.
    Click one (I did France).
    That then bounces your internet connection off a server in that country.
    Go to the Wycombe website, the IFollow section then allows you to buy the match (11 euros for me, so about £9.50).

Once purchased, use existing IFollow login/app to watch as if it was a Tues night game.

That simple.

• Would say it’s actually better for the club as they made £9.50 from me, vs £0 watching Soccer Saturday.

• @drcongo said:
    I thought games that had been rearranged from a Saturday to a Tuesday weren’t available on iFollow, could be wrong.

No, I think they just weren't free to season ticket holders last season for reasons I can't really remember or fathom.
    Just had a look and it's there for sale on the main website.

• Realise not everyone keeps up to speed with the other teams in our league, but had anyone heard of that Shayden Morris before the game? The DJ in their club bar gave him a massive build-up when reading out the teams pre-match and their fans were certainly pleased to see him back on the bench, presumably after a few weeks out injured.

I'd never heard of him before but he absolutely tore us apart 2nd half, great individual goal and both Jacobson and Scowen had to accept a booking just to slow him down. I'm sure Gareth and the rest of his staff do all the pre-match research possible, but I wonder if they were caught a little cold by his introduction and the impact he had.

Think we were fortunate he was only fit enough for a 30 minute cameo!

• @Croider said:
    Realise not everyone keeps up to speed with the other teams in our league, but had anyone heard of that Shayden Morris before the game? The DJ in their club bar gave him a massive build-up when reading out the teams pre-match and their fans were certainly pleased to see him back on the bench, presumably after a few weeks out injured.

I'd never heard of him before but he absolutely tore us apart 2nd half, great individual goal and both Jacobson and Scowen had to accept a booking just to slow him down. I'm sure Gareth and the rest of his staff do all the pre-match research possible, but I wonder if they were caught a little cold by his introduction and the impact he had.

Think we were fortunate he was only fit enough for a 30 minute cameo!

I'm sure our research is pretty red hot relative to the resources we have.

But from his record, it's not like he's been ripping things up for ages!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shayden_Morris

• edited October 2021

@Quarterman said:
    @micra you can buy VPN license a month at a time, about £9-10 a month. On a rolling basis. I would use ExpressVPN rather than NordVPN as this is a bit more reliable in my experience. I understand your health situation at the moment but that makes it even more important you take pleasure in what you enjoy. Watching Wycombe is quite obviously one of those things, so please do it. Your match pass contributions do get back to the club so there is nothing to feel reticent about in your situation.

I would steer well clear of ExpressVPN, now owned by an Israeli malware firm run by a former member of the 8200 hacking unit in the Israeli military who are likely harvesting every single thing you do while using the VPN. I recently had to do a lot of research on this subject because the VPN I use for work got bought by the same people, the only one I can hand on heart recommend is Mulvad. Whether it’s one of the ones blocked by iFollow though I don’t know.

Unfortunately dodgy VPNs are becoming the big thing in data harvesting since Apple shutdown advertising trackers on Macs and iOS. Hence these sketchy firms buying them up for billions.

• But he’s only 19 (until Wednesday!). Hails from London so might be looking to return south at some stage. Against that, he’s contracted until May 2023. One to keep an eye on perhaps.

• Sorry, should have copied down @Malone ‘s post!

If I’m quick (joke) I’ll get an acknowledgment of @drcongo’s post in before another whiz kid steps in between.
    Very interesting and helpful.

• edited October 2021

@micra said:
    Sorry, should have copied down @Malone ‘s post!

If I’m quick (joke) I’ll get an acknowledgment of @drcongo’s post in before another whiz kid steps in between.
    Very interesting and helpful.

You have to weigh up what risk "harvesting" of your data has versus your enjoyment of Wycombe games.
    Last season showed us the magnificence of having every Wycombe game available to view, so it's a bit of an arse that we've gone back to no saturdays.

However, at times, if I "find" a stream on line to a game, I've no problem, but (like you) specifically buying software to fool the internet, seems a stretch too far for me.
    Especially when you're linking your payment details to it.

(I'm also out before someone says that you should "Obviously" pay by Bitcoin, or whatever the trendiest version is ;)

• @micra said:

I can hear my daughter’s voice ringing in my ears about not being able to take it with me.

@micra I get exactly those words on a regular basis at home. I point out to them that Tutankhamun did a pretty fair job of taking his with him, and hanging on to it for 2000 years. I can give you the name of the guy whose making my sarcophagus if you'd like, he's very honest and discreet.

• @HomerLone said:

@micra said:

@micra I get exactly those words on a regular basis at home. I point out to them that Tutankhamun did a pretty fair job of taking his with him, and hanging on to it for 2000 years. I can give you the name of the guy whose making my sarcophagus if you'd like, he's very honest and discreet.

I think you have to put some cheap stuff near the front for the lazier grave robbers I understand.