Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Academic, since we're going to get a win on Saturday!

• Not a good day for Rob so far, Reading losing 2-0

• Next week' opponents Blackpool gave up a 4-1 to draw 4-4 at Cambridge.

Our narrow defeat at the Racecourse looks like a better result each week.

• edited August 24

Brum and Wrexham both have 7 points from 9. Have to hope September brings a healthy yield of points against some teams who haven't got their resources.

• You'd expect maximum points from home games with Cambridge and Mansfield. Northampton seem to have got going since we played them in the League Cup, and Bristol Rovers away is never easy.

• Forino an unused sub again. I am not trying to wind up @Malone either (this will likely be my last mention of Forino unless something crazy happens) but I do wonder if he envisioned things unfolding a little differently when he got his big move.

• Being injured in pre season didn’t help. He’s quality at this level, so I’m sure he’ll play himself in.

• Chelsea spent all that money on players and their best defender is the home grown one they're trying to force out. Then their defence does this.

• edited August 26

Hi all,

I hope you're all well and still buzzing after a good win at the weekend.

I've been a dedicated Wycombe fan for almost 15 years now. My first game was a 2-2 draw with Exeter in the 2009-10 season, in which a late equaliser from future Blues legend, Richard Logan, denied us a vital win in the thick of a relegation battle. Despite the result, I've been hooked ever since.

I'm coming towards the end of a Master's degree in Marketing and Consumer Psychology at the University of Sussex, and am currently writing my dissertation exploring how EFL fans' respective levels of identification with their club correlates with their social media engagement, and purchasing likelihood of club merchandise/tickets. To support my research, I would really appreciate if anyone aged 18 and above could spare 5 minutes to complete a questionnaire that is a crucial part of the project. Since the focus is EFL fans, and having often visited the Gasroom to gauge fan opinions on all things Wycombe, I thought this would be a good place to share it. If this kind of post isn't appropriate or is better-suited to a different thread, please let me know and I can remove/move it. I still intend to post on here more as the season progresses.

The link to the questionnaire is here for anyone who can kindly spare 5 minutes - https://universityofsussex.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4YI9PMHM0t7uDAO

Cheers!

• My daughter went to do it but you don’t have any age ranges under 18 or indeed don’t show a work category for students.

• edited August 26

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I should have clarified that the study is intended for people aged 18 and above - I will edit the post accordingly. If a student does wish to participate, I recommend selecting the 'Not employed' option if they aren't working alongside their studies, and indicating whether they are actively seeking work or not as appropriate. Thank you!

• LX1LX1
    edited August 27

'I've been a dedicated Wycombe fan for almost 15 years now. My first game was a 2-2 draw with Exeter in the 2009-10 season, in which a late equaliser from future Blues legend, Richard Logan, denied us a vital win in the thick of a relegation battle. Despite the result, I've been hooked ever since.'

A rather obvious AI fail just with the naked eye

How were the pasties Mr robot? Lol

• My..machinery..cannot ...accept pastry...and mince...

(Robot voice)

• LX1LX1
    edited August 27

Here's a dissertation subject...'How far has AI discredited a university degree. An analysis of football message board posts..and does this promote extremism through the laziness of social media?'

• Hope you've logged this email reg @drcongo

• NURSE! IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!

• I was just using some playful sarcasm re: Richard Logan's legendary status with us. I'd be interested to see which publicly available sources an AI generator would draw upon to conceptualise him as a club legend.

• LX1LX1
    edited August 27

A conception of 'the thick of a relegation battle'?

Nincompoopery at its best

• Poppycock at worst

• You need to keep your hands to yourself doctor!

• @dreamland how have you quantified the correlations you are measuring between the variables analysed?

• I'm quite confused at the reaction you've had to my initial post here to be honest. I think you'd be a bit embarrassed to realise that I'm a genuine Wycombe fan who just felt that this was a good place to respectfully post my questionnaire in case anyone was kind enough to help out and complete it. Thanks to everyone who has, it's much appreciated.

• I would like to complete your questionnaire.

I would like to first understand your methodology. How are you quantifying the correlations between the variables mentioned?

• LX1LX1
    edited August 27

Also, given you are nearing completion of your Masters, isn't it a bit late in the day to be collecting data?

• Don't worry @Dreamland, this is his reaction to most posts.

• I would recommend writing up the data you already have

• You can see why it's all very fishy.

But I won't carp on

• Intellectual thoroughness?

Completely out of character for me on the gasroom

• @LX1 it is normally around 1.30am that you are at your most intellectually robust