Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• More and more...I find myself shouting 'WHO DOES NUMBER 2 WORK FOR?' when I have a poopoo

• For a once promising young British manager, Michael Beale's stock seems to be falling fast.

• Seems like he was an excellent assistant manager than never made the step up to management

• Cambridge 1-0 Bolton. It looks like the top sides are refusing to do us any kind of favour.

• Bolton 2-1 up now.

Meanwhile darling Dean Lewington just got sent of for Franchise.

• Hopefully they hold on. That would leave Cambridge and Burton the same points as us with the same games played, but us 7 and 10 better on goal difference. Match their results the rest of the way and we are safe.

• Taylor came on in the 72nd minute. Red carded in the 90th.

• Reading also on 38pts, having played 2 games more, and goal difference of -5.

• Seems Rochdale FC have struggled to make their fan ownership and their relegation to the conference work and may not survive.

• Awfully sad. That is absolute chump change to those at the top of the game, too.

• Neil Harris has already left Cambridge after a handful of games in charge, to join Millwall.

• Hadn't he already had so many spells there it makes that Barnet Allen guy look settled?

• I did not realize quite what a Millwall legend he is!

Appearances: 431 (4th all time)

Goals: 138 (all time record)

Two spells as a player

Manager of U21s

Caretaker manager

Two spells as full time manager

Surely he is 'Mr. Millwall' at this point?

• Torquay United heading for administration...

Really hope they sort it out.

https://torquayunited.com/club-statement-12/

• Been coming for a while. Osborne was only ever in it for the stadium. He has a long history of old stadiums being built on but always forgetting to build the promised new ones across a few sports. Sadly hard to see a future for them. Question really is whether they can get a phoenix club off the ground, if necessary starting off up the road at Newton Abbott (Buckland's ground)

• edited February 22

I haven't been following this closely. Is there any merit in Osborne's inference that the local authority have been uncooperative?

• The local authority have not been cooperative because they are aware of his history. He wanted them to transfer the freehold of Plainmoor into Football Club Name on the promise that he would then sell it and use the proceeds to fund a new stadium. Exactly the same trick he used at Bristol Rovers and loads of greyhound stadiums. He has never actually built a new stadium and the money for the old stadium land ends up staying in his pocket. Unsurprisingly the council said "piss off" - we'll only give you the value of the plainmoor land when the new stadium is fully legally committed.

• Terrible news. I think most of us here - and particularly everyone who went to Torquay for THAT game - will have a huge soft spot for them for the way they and their fans treated us on what was an awful day for them.

• @DevC Was he the bloke who pulled a similar stunt up north (Grimsby maybe?) and then tried it down your way with the club badge edited on the exact same stadium renders?

• That's the one. It was Torquay's "new ground plans" that were a copy of a new ground plans up north with badly dubbed club badge transposed. That one never got built either.

Certainly done it with greyhounds and I think speedway stadia too.

• I think the best was fro our Grimsby cousins (who apologised for losing to Mk at Wembley in the trophy)

Franchise Football

Never forgive

Never forget

• What a scumbag.

• edited February 22

Radcliffe wants a new Man United stadium to be a 'National Stadium of the North'. He does not realize that the FA would never sign off on it as a major base for England or cup finals. The reason FA Cup semis will always be at Wembley (much as I hate it) is that Wembley needs as many games as possible to justify it's cost. There is no way the FA would split important games with the north, however nice the stadium ends up being (if it gets built at all). I could see it getting the odd England game, or Conference final, but that's about it.

• I wouldn't be so sure - England are starting to spread their games around the country a bit more.

• A Eurosceptic billionaire who splits his time between Monaco and Hampshire wants public money for his vanity project?

Remember when Man U were the richest debt-free club in the world?

• I would be delighted if they did - I especially hate the cup semis moving away from neutral grounds other than Wembley, as I thought that was part of the charm.

• I guess the upside to semis at Wembley is more fans get to go. I don't think it was great when you had one semi at Villa Park and the other at the considerably bigger Old Trafford.

• "We're going to wemberley" lost all meaning when they put the semis there.