Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• You think about our start, then realise it was close to three time as many points as Sheff Wed, and it must seem utterly pointless having gone up.

At least they can actually go to the games, although even that wouldn't be the thrill for Wednesday fans that it would have been for us.

• Good point - I can imagine the Wednesday fans are less than thrilled at clambering out of our division in dramatic style only to fall flat on their face at the starting line.

I suppose as Wycombe fans we had to get relegated in a single season with no fans, by a solitary point, with a host of bad refereeing decisions and key injuries, then watch Derby get relegated despite their delaying tactics to avoid it that cost us, and also get 90 minutes away from coming straight back up only to come out flat against Sunderland. That was not a very fun sequence!

• edited October 2023

Rotherham now leading, and would go above QPR if that holds. I am genuinely concerned for GA with Leicester coming in to Loftus Road on Saturday. QPR fans keep saying "it would be just like us to win it", but they have said that before every defeat in this run too.

Interestingly, several Reading fans online saying they would welcome GA there despite his current travails. It would be nice if the timing worked out for him.

• It wasn't, but I wouldn't swap that season we had for anything. Who knows if those 2 games some of us were allowed into, even with bloody masks on, and having to listen to the "Main Stand screamer" throbbing "come on Wyc-ummmmmmmmb" 200 times a half made it about the least enjoyable way possible to experience it 😋

The Sunderland game was pretty bleak, but that Oxford game, even on a laptop was near the all time Wycombe moments list.

• Very true, and at least the Championship will always be a part of our heritage. Only Burton and Yeovil can say that besides us, among traditional non-league teams promoted from 1986 onwards.

• Gaz (and gang) going to a decent size club, fairly close to home, with the QPR circus utterly imploding afterwards would be the best bet all round. Although some people inexplicably detest Reading, who seem too much of a nonentity to worry too much about.

• Yes, getting a pay off, being removed from the crucible of crap at Loftus Road, and finding another decent gig where he did not have to move would be the best all around.

I hope Wycombe play a GA team at some point, however weird, just to think of the reception he would get.

• Wayne Rooney's Birmingham now 2-0 down at home. He has definitely turned the club around - looks like 6th to 12th in two games!

• Love to see this, seeing as Pearson still refuses to bring on Mehmeti:

• Sheffield Wednesday are making our early Championship performance look good. 3 points from a possible 39 - fairly obvious there's something very rotten inside the club.

• Cheerio

Would anyone be that surprised to see the great lump reappear at QPR?

• Genuine question and I am interested to know what (some) people think...seeing as Gaz is under so much pressure...given the state of their squad are QPR right to stick with him and give him a chance to save the situation in this League or the next, or should they put everyone out of their misery and wield the axe in the hope that Warnock/Beale/Hughes/Barton can come in and save the day?

• The way I’m perceiving it - the fact he hasn’t been sacked yet is very telling. They know they’re in one hell of a mess. They either can’t afford to sack him or they are so concerned about the perception of the role’s difficulty that they don’t think they can bring in someone better equipped.

• edited October 2023

You can see the circumstances are dire and I wish him the best but It's getting difficult to see how he is getting the best or even a bit more out of what he has or really getting them to buy in.

It's very hopeful to expect him to do what he did with Wycombe but he got the job because turned us round with limited resources and achieved way above expectations.

You can almost write off last season there as we had to for Blooms, and it's clear to see he needed more funds in the summer, but they are getting smashed up every week and he needs a few wins or some goals and a bit of style to point to or it all starts to look like they've just given up, and if that is the case then why keep him and not give someone else a go.

Ideally they'd sell one or two of their better players in January and he'd be given some funds but if nobody wanted their "stars" in the summer they won't be more desirable now. It's also difficult to see how he limps on for another 6 weeks without 2 or 3 wins.

• Fans on the QPR forum add to what you've said by saying that the board are perhaps hiding behind Gaz. Not making public comments or being visible so he's taking all the flack for them. It sounds like it's going to be a terrible atmosphere on Saturday which only adds to the pressure on the players and manager.

• Again at Palace we get a 5 minute stop while someone has to watch something 100 times to determine if the ref made a clear and obvious error. Think they made the right call in the end but it's a stupid process.

• I see Sheffield Wednesday don't feel paying HMRC is a priority and are now under a transfer embargo. Hopefully they don't get a large abatement like Derby did.

• Wayne Rooney’s Birmingham City getting picked apart by * checks notes *, Southampton, on live TV. You love to see it.

• Obviously Sky will do absolutely anything to avoid mentioning that he’s shit. When Birmingham scored the commentator bellowed “And there it is, the first goal of the Wayne Rooney revolution” 😂

• QPR 0 Leicester 1.

• QPR equalize,1-1.

• Excellent.

• QPR down to 10 men.

• QPR 1 Leicester 2.

• Jude Bellingham scores a brace on his Clásico debut, including a 92nd-min winner as Real come from 1-0 down to win 2-1 at Barça.

And no one in England could legally watch the country's best player in the biggest game in works football because of the archaic blackout rule...

• Did wonder who is the best player in works football 🤣