Skip to content

Match day thread: Crewe Alexandra

Comments

• Hats off to the guy in front of me who didn’t take the bait when a disgruntled Crewe fan pushed past him as they got on the coach, in fact he wished him a safe journey home.
    His actual words were safe journey home you c… but hats off

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Hats off to the guy in front of me who didn’t take the bait when a disgruntled Crewe fan pushed past him as they got on the coach, in fact he wished him a safe journey home.

Was that the little shuttle bus ones?
    I was on the bus to the train station and only clocked 3 Crewe fans, old couple and presumably their adult son. Quiet as can be.

I felt a bit sorry for them actually as a bunch of kids were screaming songs about Tafa's body parts and suchlike! I wished them a more peaceful train ride after :)

• That tribute to Kashket was lovely though wasn't it...didn't read the thread at the game, so apologies if it was covered at length.

But really nice stuff that was.

• Hats off to the s> @Malone said:

@MorrisItal_ said:
    Hats off to the guy in front of me who didn’t take the bait when a disgruntled Crewe fan pushed past him as they got on the coach, in fact he wished him a safe journey home.

I was on the bus to the train station and only clocked 3 Crewe fans, old couple and presumably their adult son. Quiet as can be.

I felt a bit sorry for them actually as a bunch of kids were screaming songs about Tafa's body parts and suchlike! I wished them a more peaceful train ride after :)

No it was outside their official supporters coach. Our guy was sporting one of those knitted woolly head warmers that we were given a few years ago obviously the Crewe fan had a lucky escape .

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Hats off to the s> @Malone said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

No it was outside their official supporters coach. Our guy was sporting one of those knitted woolly head warmers that we were given a few years ago obviously the Crewe fan had a lucky escape .

They did have a little cluster of 13 year old giving it the Wycombe's a sithole song....quickly finishing when they noticed a couple of rozzers right next to them :)

• Wycombe fans = shocking today fair play to Crewe they where much louder could here them all game nothing from Wycombe till the 80 mins prob not even that bad atmosphere today rant finished night ??

• That was me with the funny hat I always wish the away fans a safe trip home and good luck for the rest of the season. However this fan tried to push me so gave him a few choice words but kept cool. Happy to report a few other wycombe fans backed me up.

• @uptheblues said:
    Wycombe fans = shocking today fair play to Crewe they where much louder could here them all game nothing from Wycombe till the 80 mins prob not even that bad atmosphere today rant finished night ??

If this is your first concern after we've just scored a 97th minute winner then I will assume you are more of a drum fan than a Wycombe fan.

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

So did you take his hat off?

• @Brownie said:

@uptheblues said:
    Wycombe fans = shocking today fair play to Crewe they where much louder could here them all game nothing from Wycombe till the 80 mins prob not even that bad atmosphere today rant finished night ??

If this is your first concern after we've just scored a 97th minute winner then I will assume you are more of a drum fan than a Wycombe fan.

Who hell are you to comment on my post all I was saying is how bad it was so pipe down fella

• We're now the only team in the top four divisions with a 100% home record. Coventry and Sunderland's both went today.

• Crewe’s time wasting was on a different level today,really infuriating and I can see how other teams get hacked off with us at times. That the extra time went to 7 minutes was absolute justice for their time wasting tactics….in my view they were about as good as a local pub team and look relegation certainties, we could have have put at least 5 past them on a better day.

• @uptheblues said:

I disagree thought the terrace was quite lively all the way through.

• @Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

Don’t be dumb lol ???lively what u mean come the end even Crewe fans was saying how quite you was

• Terrace was pretty lively today, much bigger variety of songs too

Tougher to keep chants going for longer without a metronome, it's a real shame Paul's drum was banned

• @MBS said:
    Crewe’s time wasting was on a different level today,really infuriating and I can see how other teams get hacked off with us at times. That the extra time went to 7 minutes was absolute justice for their time wasting tactics….in my view they were about as good as a local pub team and look relegation certainties, we could have have put at least 5 past them on a better day.

Yep, when you think of Crewe you think of ball players and an incredible youth development system.
    Not a goon manager being told to pipe down and time wasting from very early on.
    All the classics, defenders going down for no reason, suddenly remembering to tie the laces, that had served them so well for 80mins up etc.

Very apt that the goal was in the 97th min!

• @MBS said:
    Crewe’s time wasting was on a different level today,really infuriating and I can see how other teams get hacked off with us at times. That the extra time went to 7 minutes was absolute justice for their time wasting tactics….in my view they were about as good as a local pub team and look relegation certainties, we could have have put at least 5 past them on a better day.

Didn't think they were too bad on the time wasting front, they were away to promotion contenders as relegation fodder so you could expect them to be fine with a point

• @uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

Don’t be dumb lol ???lively what u mean come the end even Crewe fans was saying how quite you was

Can you save this sort of nonsense for twitter please chap?

We're ecstatic about a 97th min win here.

• @Username said:
    Terrace was pretty lively today, much bigger variety of songs too

Tougher to keep chants going for longer without a metronome, it's a real shame Paul's drum was banned

???????????????????????????I didn’t here nothing all I heard when Wycombe scored lol ?

• edited October 2021

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

Are you the one we're not allowed to upset?

• Actually thought it was a good game today. First half we were below our usual standards and in fairness fortunate to be 1 up at HT. 2nd half we improved and had the chances to finish the game off, didn't take them and Crewe scored after what was a superb move.

We responded very well though and were absolutely all over them for the final 10-15mins. That said they still posed a threat on the break. Wonderful finish from Taf right at the death following clever play from Gape and Obita from a throw. Felt sorry for Crewe who certainly played their part, but I thought we just about deserved the win for our 2nd half display and the chances created.

We did have a few players slightly off their game today, but credit to Obita who was excellent all game and also the back 3 who were very solid again and all played well.

• edited October 2021

@Malone said:

@MBS said:

Yep, when you think of Crewe you think of ball players and an incredible youth development system.
    Not a goon manager being told to pipe down and time wasting from very early on.
    All the classics, defenders going down for no reason, suddenly remembering to tie the laces, that had served them so well for 80mins up etc.

Very apt that the goal was in the 97th min!

Artell has always been a moaner like that as far as I can tell - not the first time he's kicked off against us. Their media guy and local radio commentator were absolutely seething with the ref afterwards - although I wasn't entirely sure why.

• @Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

At least I don’t hide behind a keyboard ?????

• @uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

This is a football forum on the internet mate. Not sure you understand how it works. Are you drumming your posts in? Blocked.

• @LX1 said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

So did you take his hat off?

I’m a lover not a fighter, unless you’re Mrs Ital in which case I’m neither

• I thought their blond centre mid Robertson was superb today, and after a shocking opening 15, Crewe put in a decent and committed effort and nearly got a what would have been a big point for them.

Our team just never gives up though, absolute scenes at the end.

• @uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

where are you hiding this week? The woods? Portsmouth?

The sympathy people had for you will start running thin very quickly matey. Quit while you're ahead and before it all gets too much.

• @Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

This is a football forum on the internet mate. Not sure you understand how it works. Are you drumming your posts in? Blocked.

Chuckled at that.
    He's obviously not drumming the spell checker!

• I thought the terrace was very quiet today too. However, I also don’t give a toss as I’ve just watched us score a winner 7 minutes into 5 minutes of injury time.