Skip to content

Match day thread: Crewe Alexandra

Comments

• Lucky to be ahead but we’ve looked dangerous when we have gone forward (as have Crewe to be fair).
    Can see Thommo managing to get Gomes get sent off in the second half…looks like he might kick out at any point.
    Not sure what Artell was moaning about with the free kick that led to the goal…looked blatant to me

• @Wendoverman said:
    Cannot agree about Scowen. I thought he was playing well. Ditto Thompson, Hanlon and Vokes. I'll let you know about McCarthy second half?

Scowen did improve - seems to have found his lost touch now!

• Bookings were a bit strange I thought given some of the other tackles. But what's new?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Cannot agree about Scowen. I thought he was playing well. Ditto Thompson, Hanlon and Vokes. I'll let you know about McCarthy second half?

Scowen did improve - seems to have found his lost touch now!

Aaand as soon as I say that, he wins a tackle but forgets to take the ball with him...

• Someone tell the big screen controller it’s 1-0

• Ref has been excellent

• Blatant push my Macca. No wonder artell got the bumhole about it

• Think Hanlan has been poor. 2 chances squandered

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Think Hanlan has been poor. 2 chances squandered

Thought he was unlucky with the second one. Not an easy one to get hold of coming over the left shoulder

• @jessvl1 said:

@prufrock_91 said:

Thought he was unlucky with the second one. Not an easy one to get hold of coming over the left shoulder

Was gonna say - would have been one of the goals of the season if he'd scored that. Heavy touch for the 1v1 in the first half, but their GK read it well.

• McCarthy's final ball really has been shocking, hasn't it

• Then he stumbles over the ball when through...

• @jessvl1 said:
    Can’t fault McCarthy’s effort but end product has been poor this season

:(:(

• DAVID STOCKDALE

• Bloke is on such a different level. Allsop gets beaten by that cross-cum-shot every time.

• We keep picking the wrong ball at the end of a move.

• @prufrock_91 said:

Missed chances but I think 'poor' is a tad excessive myself.

• Was McCleary a concussion or an injured shoulder?

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Was McCleary a concussion or an injured shoulder?

Shoulder

• Disaster of a game now. Come on lads!

• The 5-1 is still on

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    The 5-1 is still on

So is my 2-1!!!

• Hanlan's radar is off.

• FFS we just dont seem to be able to stick our chances away today

• A combo of dreadful finishing and some committed defending. Not sure how these are bottom.

• Terrace has sounded particularly quiet today

• @arnos_grove said:
    A combo of dreadful finishing and some committed defending. Not sure how these are bottom.

Because you can make them part like the Red Sea. 3/3 big chances we've missed today ?

• Today, we have deservedly paid for the price for being quite flat in the first half, and not being positive enough (again) when leading in the second half. The last 10 minutes intensity was what was required to kill the game much, much earlier. It’s going to be the difference between challenging right up the top and making up the play offs. The approach continues to be too negative in my opinion.

Losing McCleary for a decent chunk of time now is going to be a real blow as well.