Skip to content

Match day thread: Crewe Alexandra

BSEBSE
edited October 2021 in Football

Comments

• Hope Scott Kashket gets a good welcome back today

• I've never had less to say about a badge. Third-oldest club in the league, though.

• Kashket is guaranteed a brilliant reception surely?

• Fred Perry was born in Cheshire

• Can't remember the last time I almost expected us to thrash the oppo. Let's go all out today, Blues!

• Good badge shape, decent motifs, shame about the slightly amateur writing around it. 6/10

• @eric_plant said:
    Kashket is guaranteed a brilliant reception surely?

you’d think so, but then I would have thought the same of Michael Simpson, and that didn’t happen.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Can't remember the last time I almost expected us to thrash the oppo. Let's go all out today, Blues!

Walthamstowe Ave 86/87, expected to thrash them, and did 7-1.

• edited October 2021

Few pantomime boos for Kashket but can't imagine he'll get anything nasty - you're just a dick if you do that.

• @ChasHarps said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Can't remember the last time I almost expected us to thrash the oppo. Let's go all out today, Blues!

Walthamstowe Ave 86/87, expected to thrash them, and did 7-1.

That'll do nicely

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Few pantomime boos for Kashket but can't imagine he'll get anything nasty

Why would anyone boo him? I just don’t get why ex-players automatically get abuse.

• @drcongo said:
    Good badge shape, decent motifs, shame about the slightly amateur writing around it. 6/10

A groping Griffin who’s won a couple of Palm D’ors.

• Thing is, Scott was hardly making the bench, let alone the actual team, so no-one in their right mind could possibly have a go.
    Still think it's one of the oddest player situations of recent years.
    I for one will give him a good round of applause.

• I think Scott will get a great reception. Not sure after he dives and is awarded a penalty though!!

• Expensive too, I’m sure. Hope she pays for herself over a season or two.

• What I'd love today is to see what I am always so envious of when I watch Quest Highlights - a team in form winning comprehensively and expectedly against a poor, poor side. I'd hope for 4 from us today, and expect the predictable goal for Kashket too.

• Kashket was a lovely player for us. But has to the potential to be another 09. You love his annoying ways when in a blue shirt, less so when he’s playing against you. Part of me hopes he’s unavailable

• Struggling to remember a game I've felt this confident of a win.

Dire defeat incoming then.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Struggling to remember a game I've felt this confident of a win.

Dire defeat incoming then.

Yep. Two penalties to them in the first 10 mins.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

The last home game? ;)

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

The last home game? ;)

I expected a comfortable win, but I'm talking 5+ today!

• edited October 2021

@NewburyWanderer said:
    Thing is, Scott was hardly making the bench, let alone the actual team, so no-one in their right mind could possibly have a go.
    Still think it's one of the oddest player situations of recent years.
    I for one will give him a good round of applause.

Agree with most of this, a great guy, succeeded after being treated dreadfully by his last club, and gave us a lot of great memories with his goals, especially in that 3months hot period near the start.

But he simply got edged out for both numbers and formation reasons.

We play one target man, Vokes, with Bayo deputising.
    Two attacking mids behind him with McCleary, Horgan and Mehmeti being good options.

Wheeler is still around, Kaikai came in, and the absolute final nail in it, Hanlan coming in, who seems to be a good option either in the attacking mid role or to go in for a 2 with Vokes.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

The last home game? ;)

Steady!!
    Some of us have supported long enough to know it's not always easy against the lowly teams!

What I'm not looking forward to, is if Kashket did manage a goal.
    All the "shouldn't have let him go" stuff, even though I think he's scored 1 for them in total so far.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

The last home game? ;)

Steady!!
    Some of us have supported long enough to know it's not always easy against the lowly teams!

All the "shouldn't have let him go" stuff, even though I think he's scored 1 for them in total so far.

Oh, we'll almost definitely lose 3-0 now.

• 1> @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

The last home game? ;)

Right now, I’d take 1-0. These games have banana skin written all over them.

• Moved to the central time zone this week, hopefully I’ll remember the game starts at 9 not 10. We ought to chase Crewe off the pitch, so it’ll probably be a miserable draw.

COME ON WYCOMBE!

• @Malone said:

And what a cracking goal it was.

Players come and go - he left on good terms and a warm round of applause is exactly what he deserves. He doesn’t deserve to be booed (at the time of writing at least!) but likewise I wouldn’t expect to hear a rendition of Scotty Kashket scores another goal.

• Clap for SK. Hope no complacency today. 1-0 will do.

• Can't make it to the game today so settling for watching Chelsea v Norwich (Chelsea just shading it so far!) on TV and imagining it's Wycombe v Crewe.
    Re Kaskett, I hope he gets a good round of applause and I wouldn't begrudge him an ironic rendition of " Kaskett scores again" from the terrace as he taps in a consolation goal for them in the 97th minute.