Skip to content

Match day thread: Sunderland

Comments

• Kashket is actually injured apparently (have heard one person say so in enough detail that it sounded like they had an inside track), but it's hard to see a future for him here regardless.

• Though he was on the bench midweek though?

And we have enough players these days to not have half fit players on there like we did a dew seasons back?

• To lose your first match and be only 2 points off the leaders who are incidentally the team who've just beaten you and to have not been completely unplayed and to have got that fixture out of the way early in the season is a bloody good position to be in. I'd have taken that position if offered it 5 league matches ago.

• @Malone said:
    Though he was on the bench midweek though?

And we have enough players these days to not have half fit players on there like we did a dew seasons back?

Yeah, that's what made me doubt their account somewhat.

Oh well, only three days left for him to make a move...

• Dare I say it would be good to get the Ipswich game cancelled so the healing can get an extra week.

• It would be, but surely it's going ahead as we haven't heard otherwise a week out.

• @peterparrotface said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@eric_plant said:
    @Safc_in_peace do you go to away games? Will you be making the trip to Adams Park?

I get to some, but now that my son has moved to Edinburgh not as may, when he was in Leeds I would pick him up on the way to game and would get to about ten a season. But he finished his PhD and got a job in Edinburgh in At the start of the month so it might be a bit limiting. I did work in Slough in the late 90’s so know your area quite well.

Get yourself down here and we’ll all buy you a pint and a gormet burger

If I can get a ticket , I pop on here . How many do you give to away fans, if it’s less than 2000, I will have very little chance of getting a ticket. I only have 25 loyalty points, it might not get that far.I will buy the second round.

• @BuryExileWasRochdale said:
    To lose your first match and be only 2 points off the leaders who are incidentally the team who've just beaten you and to have not been completely unplayed and to have got that fixture out of the way early in the season is a bloody good position to be in. I'd have taken that position if offered it 5 league matches ago.

100% this.
    Wigan and Sunderland are surely big players this season, and we've got them out the way early doors (albeit with just 1 point), but well in the mix, with not many as hard games as today coming.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Dare I say it would be good to get the Ipswich game cancelled so the healing can get an extra week.

If Stewart is anything more than this one game, then I dare say we'll take the opportunity if we can, to get Stewart and McCarthy (and Gape) closer.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    It would be, but surely it's going ahead as we haven't heard otherwise a week out.

@ReturnToSenda said:
    It would be, but surely it's going ahead as we haven't heard otherwise a week out.

I thought I'd remembered the Ipswich game getting called off at fairly short notice last time, but looking at the below it was 11 days

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/ipswich-versus-wycombe-game-postponed/

So we should still be on.

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@peterparrotface said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@eric_plant said:
    @Safc_in_peace do you go to away games? Will you be making the trip to Adams Park?

I get to some, but now that my son has moved to Edinburgh not as may, when he was in Leeds I would pick him up on the way to game and would get to about ten a season. But he finished his PhD and got a job in Edinburgh in At the start of the month so it might be a bit limiting. I did work in Slough in the late 90’s so know your area quite well.

Get yourself down here and we’ll all buy you a pint and a gormet burger

If I can get a ticket , I pop on here . How many do you give to away fans, if it’s less than 2000, I will have very little chance of getting a ticket. I only have 25 loyalty points, it might not get that far.I will buy the second round.

Away stand holds about 1800. We gave you guys another few hundred, I think in our first season in L1 but not our second. We'll see this time...

• I can't see wha> @ReturnToSenda said:

Twitter have already got the footage taken down. Imagine if they took such a serious stance on the real problems.

What stance could they take which they're not already taking. Without a serious infringement of civil liberties you can never do anything about racist abuse.

People buy burner phones for a tenner with cash in shops or for even less in pubs use them once to register with false details on the service send an abusive message and chuck them in the bin.

Although banning political stances they don't like but letting people follow the Taliban does seem slightly outrageous.

• Have all the international squads been announced / been called up?

• In Ainsworth's post-match conference he said our next match was against Oxford, before quickly adding "err.....or Ipswich"

It'll be off next week

• @BuryExileWasRochdale said:
    I can't see wha> @ReturnToSenda said:

Twitter have already got the footage taken down. Imagine if they took such a serious stance on the real problems.

What stance could they take which they're not already taking. Without a serious infringement of civil liberties you can never do anything about racist abuse.

People buy burner phones for a tenner with cash in shops or for even less in pubs use them once to register with false details on the service send an abusive message and chuck them in the bin.

Although banning political stances they don't like but letting people follow the Taliban does seem slightly outrageous.

If they can respond to a takedown request in double quick time, they can respond to reports of racist abuse just as fast. As for a bigger solution, I don't know.

• If Stewart and McCleary are out, and we have three call ups, it will definitely be off.

• I thought the iFollow commentary said that McCleary was feeling better and it was a precaution to keep him apart from the squad. I think he'll be back.

• @floyd said:
    If Stewart and McCleary are out, and we have three call ups, it will definitely be off.

I only just realised that Gibraltar have a game on Wednesday, so a big reason for going to the Villa game Tuesday to see De Barr has gone.
    Assuming he's in the squad? Haven't seen confirmation?

• Good find. I had 5mins of googling and couldn't find it.

• @Malone the most recent Albanian u21 squad is proving more difficult!

• I've never seen a manager look more like a skateboarder than Gibraltar's does in that edit.

• Another thing about our current injury ‘crisis’ is not only do we have key players not starting other key players are not where they should be. Kaikai does not look a rwb to me for example.
    And stupid question as I know this is under the official secrets act Hanlan?

• Albania tend to announce their squads late and only named their senior squad today.

• Ah, great find!

• It doesn't help that Albania U21s don't have a game midweek. Surely they can't spin this out until midweek or something?

There surely has to be a cut off date for a team to call a game off?

• @robin said:
    I'm hoping Sunderland blow promotion again and have to spend another season in League 1 to anger their deluded fans who think they should be in The Premier League.

The good thing is it is mostly a miserable existence supporting that club anyway. L1 is their chance to enjoy consistently winning more than they lose, and they have not even been able to enjoy that. Their future options are at best enjoying the odd promotion out of the Champo, only to be the whipping boys of the PL as usual.

At least by beating us today they finally won a cup final, even if it was only theirs!