Skip to content

Match day thread: Sunderland

Comments

• I already had zero confidence about this game. Now I’m on minus confidence.

• It's good to have low expectations on a day like today. If we get one of those unexpected points/wins it will be so much sweeter.

Also, Mehmeti has not properly "gone off" yet...

• our first 11 looks good it's more impact from the bench where I see us lacking ....hopefully we don't need impact from the bench!!

• Good team, but would've been better with Stewart and McCleary

• Disappointing when a key player like Stewart just disappears for a game without a word of explanation to supporters. Can only imagine we're selling him, otherwise why not just say he's injured/ill.

• Stewart has a knock, according to Matt Cecil.

• @adamspark said:
    Stewart has a knock, according to Matt Cecil.

Good to know - they should have said so before.

• Shite

• Against the run of play.

• At least we know Sunderland won't sit back and slow the game down to protect that one goal lead.

• History repeating itself.

• Oh well, onto next week!

• The afternoon goes from bad to worse...

• the Wycombe of Old

• Time to bring on that second ‘keeper.

Obvious to point out the hole in the defence when Stewart isn’t there

• Grow up, O'Nien.

• I just don't see the Daryl Horgan hype.

• If Stewart is injured, and it beats the alternative, we have to wonder why we’re picking up so many injuries this season.

• @floyd said:
    If Stewart is injured, and it beats the alternative, we have to wonder why we’re picking up so many injuries this season.

Gaz jinxed it when he said at the Trust Q&A that we should have fewer injuries this season...

• @floyd said:
    If Stewart is injured, and it beats the alternative, we have to wonder why we’re picking up so many injuries this season.

Call me thick but me no understand “ beats the alternative “.

• O'Nien again... Was he quite this much of a pain in the arse when he played for us? I feel like he was more subtle back then - not blatantly kicking out at people.

• edited August 2021

@micra said:

@floyd said:

Call me thick but me no understand “ beats the alternative “.

That he's been sold.

The usual go to ludicrous knee jerk fan fear.

• Thompson and Scowen laughing and joking at the call for half time with their Sunderland counterparts. Not sure I'd be finding it that funny.

• Tough watch - I feel as though we have actually dictated play overall, so gutting to be this far behind. Just can't get that final quality ball.

• Tough to be two behind, but I guess we’ve had a bit of luck so far this season.

• edited August 2021

Sunderland fans claiming Scowen punched O'Nien. Which I'm inclined to completely disregard, but can anyone actually confirm?

• Quite an impressive injury list though. Or is it? Who knows. I’ve said too much. Don’t want to give Villa U21 an unfair advantage

• edited August 2021

Ok, Mehmeti not Scowen. What an ansolute idiot.

• edited August 2021

@Bacon_Sandwich said:
    Thompson and Scowen laughing and joking at the call for half time with their Sunderland counterparts. Not sure I'd be finding it that funny.

The call for half time? Were we on a break or something?