Skip to content

Tour de Season 21 / 22 - Attendance Prediction Competition

124»

Comments

• @floyd - your top ten scores were remarkably consistent - 14 - 14 - 27 - 36 - 39 - 52 - 56 - 61 - 63 - 65.

@NewburyWanderer - congratulations again and the Final really was a hard game to predict. I agree next year's attendances will be interesting and entertaining, with every chance of being higher than this season.

@railwaybeth tells me that a competiton to predict the high(est) attendances is quite likely to run between the publication of the fixture list and the start of the season - Derby permitting.

• @railwaysteve thanks for all the work you put in - it was a lot of fun and definitely looking forward to next season

• Well done @railwaysteve and thanks.

• Thanks for all your efforts this season @railwaysteve and @railwaybeth

A brilliant side show to another great season, onwards to 2022/23.

• Thank you @railwaysteve and @railwaybeth for a great, fun comp this season!

Some of those attendances were so hard to guess - the big stadium ones; the ‘record’ home attendances that weren’t; the away games where it turned out sections of the ground were shut etc. etc.

And one game I predicted was miles wrong because I thought we were playing at home and it was actually an away game!

• For some reason I'd thought I had already thanked you for all you've done for us @railwaysteve but I can't see it anywhere. Of course I also thank @railwaybeth for standing in AND enhancing our experience with a new and slightly different approach. Thank you both and long may we continue together in Gasroom fun and enjoyment. Keep well @railwaysteve and @railwaybeth.

• My own thanks were uncharacteristically brief. I wholeheartedly echo @ValleyWanderer ’s words.

• Can I also add my sincere thanks to you (both) for keeping this going. It must be a labour of love (given the time and effort you put into it) but even so… To have kept this up all season alongside your research into the effectiveness of the NHS in these trying times (In seriousness I do hope you are recovering well) was over and above, but much appreciated.

• I can but echo all of these comments. Thank you both very much indeed and have a lovely summer.