Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

Comments

• @glasshalffull said:
    The referee is not helping my convalescence! Vokes is being persistently fouled but getting very little protection.

Presume you're going off the twitter updates and general disbelief at his performance rather than watching?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Good team. Still a bit unsure of Freeman at RWB - I think Wheeler would come in there if fit - but COYB etc!

I love Wheeler but not sure he’s got the pace to bomb up and down the flank. I might be wrong, I’m sure we’ll see it at some point this season

• heard Tafo say he will be back Tuesday

• @Malone I’m isolating but I have my spies at the ground!

• Disagree about Freeman to be honest. On this showing at least this would would be my starting 11 when possible. Skill and tenacity all over the shop.

• Taf back on Tuesday

• Dire ref. Has a high red card history too so Thommo needs to be careful now.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:

@Gary said:
    One of Horg’s best games so far.

Not sure about that shout, he keeps giving the ball away.

Would also agree here. Horgan is one determined guy with a good attitude but I dont especially think this is one of his "best games so far". He has ran his socks off so far though.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Disagree about Freeman to be honest. On this showing at least this would would be my starting 11 when possible. Skill and tenacity all over the shop.

He's been excellent. Where he needs to be and pretty much impossible to dispossess - as we've come to expect.

• Referee isn't as good as sh1t!

• @Vital said:
    Dire ref. Has a high red card history too so Thommo needs to be careful now.

Not high enough apparently!

• Freeman is playing wonderfully ? ..... Vokes and Horgans best performances so far.

• @glasshalffull said:

@Malone I’m isolating but I have my spies at the ground!

I understand..wink wink

• @bigred87 said:
    Freeman is playing wonderfully ? ..... Vokes and Horgans best performances so far.

McCleary excellent too. Ref Not.

• Stocko....you beauty

• Great result, and a hugely improved performance vs Tuesday.

Elsewhere, Alex Pattison scored 2 for Harrogate today, that’s 3 for him this season. Glad it’s working well for him there.

• Attendance was only 5,030 in the end. Whoops.

• Also, shades of Rochdale at home last season in some of those Lincoln goal kicks in the second half. I genuinely wouldn’t want to watch that every week, my heart wouldn’t cope

• Given all the help they got from the officials, I would be disappointed not to get a result if I was an Imps fan. ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Attendance was only 5,030 in the end. Whoops.

Yeah I think they ignored the 2010/11 season when looking at attendances!

Also their wild "sell out" talk seemed to be based on 300 or more terrace tickets going on the day!

• Must have been almost no sales this morning.

• @jessvl1 said:
    Also, shades of Rochdale at home last season in some of those Lincoln goal kicks in the second half. I genuinely wouldn’t want to watch that every week, my heart wouldn’t cope

Yup, thought they were massively over passing and pretty risky passing sideways to players who were being marked.
    We were probably a bit longer passing than we have been so far with McCleary effectively a second target man for large chunks (Sorry Samuel , 4th choice now) but we also mixed it well and played some really nice stuff at times. Great flash run from Anis when he came on. Horgan again probably a bit unlucky some of his work didn't lead directly to goals, was plugging away well.
    Grimmer and Scowen particularly for me worked their nadgers off despite the irational moron posing as a ref.

• Poor refereeing overcome by an excellent team performance McCleary was my Motm but Vokes led the line really well Horgan was a terrier and Freeman was great in fact everyone was good.well that’s my rant over get well soon @glasshalffull

• Never ever seen a side give away a corner from a goal kick.

Am I allowed to say how well Nick Freeman played?

• Special mention for Stocko though. 2 fantastic saves in 2nd half. I know that one was flagged for offside but he wasn't to know that at the time.

• After a pretty scrappy and awful first half I thought we were well in control second half.

Lots of good performances out there. Freeman did well in an unfamiliar position (hope he’s okay) and thought Obita had a really good game the other side. Great to see Thommo back doing what he does. Im guessing the booking was deserved but I certainly didn’t see a foul.

• Quite a nasty knee injury for Freeman, says Gaz.

• @bookertease said:
    Great to see Thommo back doing what he does. Im guessing the booking was deserved but I certainly didn’t see a foul.

A clear and significant shirt pull to stop the attacker getting past him onto the through ball was apparent to me on the terrace.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Special mention for Stocko though. 2 fantastic saves in 2nd half. I know that one was flagged for offside but he wasn't to know that at the time.

That offside save looked to be as good as any I've seen, albeit from the other end of the pitch. Anyone else with a better angle on it got a view?

• Shame Nick Freeman had nasty injury as he had a very good game today. For me Scowen, Grimmer and Stocko joint MOM.
    Good controlled performance and could have had more. What a turn from Vokes when he hit the post.