Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

Comments

• @glasshalffull best wishes for a speedy recovery. I blame going to football matches you know.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Might have to take one off that tally; I'm currently lost in the woods.

If it's the woods up from West Wycombe I've done that before.

However, only if you take a right, if you take a left towards the ground it's difficult to get lost :D

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Might have to take one off that tally; I'm currently lost in the woods.

If it's the woods up from West Wycombe I've done that before.

However, only if you take a right, if you take a left towards the ground it's difficult to get lost :D

Made it! Not a clue how, but I did.

• @Malone said:

@Glenactico said:

@Malone said:
    Quick look back, we had 6,983 v Oxford in Aug 2010, so 7,000+ sounds an impressive sounding crowd.

I’d be astounded if we got over 7000. 5,500 home and 1,500 away would be very good for August.

They've either missed that crowd v Oxford from their reckoning, or it's going to surprise us all!
    I think I saw a 6,400 in there somewhere too, so even 6,500+ would be impressive though.

Predictions of rain sent me to my car with shame no station walk for me again after Leicester but glad I got here early and parked. Sounds like the industrial estate is filling up though.

• Would love to have been there today, annoyingly I'm away this weekend though.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a crowd of around 6500 today. We've started well, plenty of fans keen to make up for missing all of last season and Lincoln likely to bring 1000+. Anything above 7K would indeed be a great effort though in August.

Best wishes to @glasshalffull. Hope you're fit and well again soon.

• Battling line-up there. Horgan and Freeman to shine?

• Freeman RWB?

• Saw one their staff extravagantly limbering up by the dug-out. As he looks a bit porky to.play I assume he is preparing for the dash to the fourth official.

• Yes, surely. With ability to move to 4 at back with JJ and Stewart in the middle if needed as we did in second half on Tuesday.

Thompson and Scowen in middle of park. Horgan an McCleary as the two number 10s playing off Vokes.

• Good team. Still a bit unsure of Freeman at RWB - I think Wheeler would come in there if fit - but COYB etc!

• Sorry, *UTW

• All the best Alan.... BTW.... queues much better today !!! Well done all involved

• Get in Vokes

• Wonderful start

• "Don't leave AP early" is going to become "Don't get there late!"

• Yup obita earned his corn there. Perfect cross for Vokes. A thing of beauty.

• Obita has caught my eye so far. Wonderful cross for the goal plus a superb block before Tom Hopper went down for Lincoln.

• Scowen has been immense so far

• Horse-punchers 4-0 down at Exeter after 24 minutes

• Screen and Thommo have both been immense so far!

• Mcleary
    Horgan, Scowen and Thompson have been great so far as well

• the ref is just awful

• ah the wonders of officiating at this level

• There is a clue in his name, tbf...

• Get well soon @glasshalffull. Please give yourself plenty of time to recover.....Long Covid is not good

• One of Horg’s best games so far. Obita has been brilliant. Josh his usual self, being a menace. Not sure I can see this finishing 11 a side though.

• The referee is not helping my convalescence! Vokes is being persistently fouled but getting very little protection.

• @Gary said:
    One of Horg’s best games so far.

Not sure about that shout, he keeps giving the ball away.