Skip to content

Match day thread: Exeter (League Cup)

1234568»

Comments

• Michael Dubbery was another. Remember seeing him falling over his training top during the pre-match warm up.

• @DevonBlue said:
    Mention for the Exeter Refreshment Hut....efficient and the added touch of free Tea for away fans.

Did they charge £8.50 for a burger though and were there 30 min queues for a pint??

• Draw for the next round here: https://twitter.com/Carabao_Cup

• Thanks Floyd. The BBC are not covering it as Liverpool are yet to feature.

• @Ed_ said:
    Craig Falconbridge also comes under the banner of players who terrorised us, only to dry up in the quarters.

He was so underwhelmed by his chant it impacted his performances

• Stevenage away

• Away to Stevenage, not big time but every chance of advancing

• @ChasHarps said:
    Martin Bullock was disappointing, he had terrorised us for opposition sides, but seemed a spent force by the time he arrived.
    A fair few years earlier at Loakes Park we signed ex Chelsea and QPR centre half Steve Wickes, he arrived and left after about half a dozen games in a seriously unfit condition.

Oh no…please don’t mention Martin Bullock on the gas room…

• Who can forget the mad experiment of playing the Falcon, Devine and Rammell in a 3 pronged attack.

• @Ed_ said:
    Craig Falconbridge also comes under the banner of players who terrorised us, only to dry up in the quarters.

I can forget most of what he (didn’t) do on the basis of his goal against Swindon (I think) on a Tuesday night from about 40 yards.

• @TheDancingYak said:

@Ed_ said:

I can forget most of what he (didn’t) do on the basis of his goal against Swindon (I think) on a Tuesday night from about 40 yards.

That was Ian Stonebridge - EFL Trophy, so hardly anyone saw it; but I believe it’s the best goal I’ve ever seen at Adams Park.

• If you’ve not seen it:

• From what I remember, Falconbridge was decent but then got badly injured and was never the same again. Last I saw of him he was at Thame, albeit some years back.

• Have you got a link of the goal Mike Conroy scored for Fulham at AP?

• @peterparrotface said:
    Have you got a link of the goal Mike Conroy scored for Fulham at AP?

‘From the halfway line.’

• Ian Stonebridge and his conventional hair, as inspired a chant as Falcon’s was insipid

• @JohnBoy said:
    If you’ve not seen it:

Ah crap. So it was.
    Still, he didn’t do anything else either did he?

• @TheDancingYak said:

Still, he didn’t do anything else either did he?

He came on as sub in a Tuesday game at Notts County and scored with his first touch. Literally ran from the bench, into their box, and headed it in. I'm almost sure it was him.

Also, the night the club was sold to Steve Hayes, Beeks told people not to worry because we'd signed a centre forward. That was him.