Skip to content

Match day thread: Exeter (League Cup)

Comments

• Now isn't that a great picture!

• No way of watching the game except being there then? Thought midweek cup games were available to view in iFollow previously but maybe misremembering?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    No way of watching the game except being there then? Thought midweek cup games were available to view in iFollow previously but maybe misremembering?

Think you are not remembering correctly amigo. Only midweek away matches to the best of my crumbling memory cells? ?

• But it is midweek and we are away... guess just league games. Though the Checkatrade matches were available 2 seasons ago, weren't they?

• @MindlessDrugHoover The away ones were but not sure about home?

• Pretty sure I "enjoyed" watching us lose to Stevenage at home back in 19-20.

• Midweek league and papa John’s games on ifollow,
    League and FA Cup games not.
    Can’t see sales figures for PJ games being very high surely?

• A strong squad went down on the coach last night so GA isn't looking for an rotation in the early games. Prob wants to get mins into Vokes and get him used to our style of football

• Great to see seasoned pros hanging out with the kids, generals with the new guys.

• He does look a bit like he's about to burst into tears because JJ's nicked his balloon, though.

• League Cup has never been on iFollow, while the Papa Chuckles Trades and Leases Cup has always been.

It's hard to blame the powers that be, when you think of how furious the bidding has been among TV companies for Exeter v Wycombe...

• @Shev Looks like Derby v Salford or Bolton v Barnsley for us.

• @floyd - hopefully Derby v Salford so we can enjoy two plucky underdog teams who have managed their limited funds so well...

• @Shev said:
    @floyd - hopefully Derby v Salford so we can enjoy two plucky underdog teams who have managed their limited funds so well...

GLOL

• Will the match be on 3 Counties does anyone know?

• Is that ‘G’ for gotta @floyd ?

• @micra I was going to genuine.

• @floyd - did wonder! I’m getting hung up on trivia this afternoon. Pity I’ve got nothing better to do. Crikey, it’s 6pm. Time to prepare the sausage and mash.

• Very interesting line up tonight. Delighted to see Thomo starting and with Blooms as well!

• Very balmy night in Exeter. 21’C & blue skies. Anyone know where Kashket’s gone?

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Will the match be on 3 Counties does anyone know?

I’ve just tuned in and it sounds like it. Any idea how you do the split frequency thing on BBC sounds (if that’s possible)?

• Interesting defence - Burley, Grimmer and JJ.

I hope they haven’t got anyone big

• edited August 2021

A nice busy looking team with Vokes to get minutes late on for first Chairboys goal?
    It's good that people are getting games under their belts. Four trophies to go for! :smile:
    Strange the website preview should claim Wheeler is ill...when his own tweets seem to suggest he is just isolating.

• @Glenactico said:

@Lloyd2084 said:

I’ve just tuned in and it sounds like it. Any idea how you do the split frequency thing on BBC sounds (if that’s possible)?

Thanks.

I’m not sure they broadcast the local footie on Sounds, I’ve had to tune in via radio before.

• @Glenactico said:

@Lloyd2084 said:

Unfortunately unlikely to be on that app, it'll probably be replaced by a rights message at kick off, another licensing thing, if it's on 3cr at all only one game will be on digital radio. Having said that it's all a bit different now so who knows.

• Burley playing. I wonder why we’ve been discrete about his contract. And I thought he was on trial somewhere a couple of weeks back

• It would be helpful if the team line-up was actually given on the club website!

• Interesting with Burley.
    We've brought in the ex Chelsea guy, and have 4 others competing for centre back, with the Morecambe guy rumoured to be on his way in too.

• Wonder if it will be a three with Freeman covering fullback or a 4. With people still to come and go and few proper open pre-season games it might take us a while still to work out the thinking and pecking order. Good to have options.