Skip to content

Match day thread: Exeter (League Cup)

Comments

• I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same formation as Saturday with Blooms and Thompson CDM, Freeman RWB and Mehmeti and Kaikai replacing McLeary and Horgan.

• 3-4-3 I think.

• We are obviously not taking this seriously then. Nice to see Tommo having a runout though.

• For those that are interested the away terrace is the same one that used to be at the North End of Barnet’s Hive ground. When they built their new all-seat away end they sold the terrace to Exeter City.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    We are obviously not taking this seriously then. Nice to see Tommo having a runout though.

What makes you say that?

• 9 of the starting 11 have championship experience @Blue_since_1990. I

• Mehmeti and KaiKai sounds exciting already

• Commentary is on BBC 3 counties 98 FM

• JJ just hit the post from a corner

• Anyone there able to confirm the formation? Burley as central CB with Freeman wingback or something else?

• Poor Peterborough getting a footballing lesson from the mighty... checks notes... Plymouth in the cup. Wonder if they've considered Sunday League. Might suit them better.

• We expect a full breakdown of the ‘match day experience’ @DevC

(Not that you can go far wrong in Exeter…)

• Sounds like Bloomfield got injured. Anyone know how serious?

• @Shev said:
    Sounds like Bloomfield got injured. Anyone know how serious?

Not sure, but no prizes for guessing which body part he injured.

• Yes Burley plating in the middle of the back three and Freeman playing right wing-back.

Both doing pretty well so far.

• Any ideas why Mccarthy and Thompson have come off too?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Any ideas why Mccarthy and Thompson have come off too?

I am showing McCarthy on for Obita and Horgan on for Thompson. Looks like attacking changes. Cue Horgan scoring in the next ten?

• @Malone said:
    Interesting with Burley.
    We've brought in the ex Chelsea guy, and have 4 others competing for centre back, with the Morecambe guy rumoured to be on his way in too.

Wakely (the ex-Chelsea guy) has a knock.

• Vokes on for JJ and McCarthy off injured already so we're down to 10.

• Hard to keep track of who’s playing where! The back three is Grimmer, Burley and?

• Freeman playing left sided central defender!!!

• Making 4 subs by 60 mins not v Gaz - were they all forced?

• Bloomfield, JJ and McCarthy all went off injured, I think Obita and Thompson were deliberately just given 45 mins but I’m only guessing.

• @kiscokid Blooms, JJ and McCarthy all injured apparently.

• JJ and McCarthy are pretty disastrous if serious injuries. Might necessitate a switch back to a 4-3-3 with Grimmer, Stewart, Obita and......? Burley?

• Makes sense we wouldn’t take any chances with JJ when we had a sub in the bank. Taking off McCarthy and going down to 10 suggests it’s a bad one.

• Was Blooms a concussion sub, or are we allowed four in the League Cup?

• Concussion sub.