Skip to content

Euros General Thread

Comments

• How about this, or anything by Thomas Bergesen to be honest.

Perhaps a little modern for most though!

• 'When Humanity is Cancer' by Anaal Nathrakh would get everyone pumped up, I reckon.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    What's the most motivational song with no lyrics?

Colourbox Official World Cup Theme. Obviously.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

The Rocky theme?

• Surely a motivational "song with no lyrics" is just music?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Sandstorm by Darude.

• The theme from Local Hero

Newcastle use that though

• Just play Hoppipolla - has lyrics but in a made-up language.

• Blue by The Fine Young Cannibals.

• Kernkraft 400

• The Liquidator

• "Vindaloo" with lyrics altered for Wycombe. It feels a bit like a 'never give up' song somehow.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    "Vindaloo" with lyrics altered for Wycombe. It feels a bit like a 'never give up' song somehow.

"Can I introduce you please / to the biting winter breeze"

• Brother in law's funeral last week most of mourners in Forest shirts and we carried the coffin in to Mull of Kintyre. Quite moving. But that could be the lack of bagpipes.

• Gloomy Sunday as sung by Billie Holliday?

• One thing I'm pleased about is that members of the government aren't queuing up to use the football to make cheap political gestures.

• @NiceCarrots said:
    Gloomy Sunday as sung by Billie Holliday?

Genius

• As a hypothetical question, if you had to choose between a win for England tomorrow or 3 points for us in the first game against Accrington, is there anyone English, other than me, who would opt for the latter.

I do want us to beat Italy but I know I would feel far worse if Accrington beat us than if we do come up short tomorrow

• Other foot stompers would be B.B.King's How Blue Can You Get? and Noel Coward's There Are Bad Times Just Around The Corner.

Remember in a previous life, at Barnsley's old ground, pissing rain, conceded last minute goal, being held back in the away terrace listening to Suicide is Painless, the M.A.S.H theme tune...

• @bookertease said:
    As a hypothetical question, if you had to choose between a win for England tomorrow or 3 points for us in the first game against Accrington, is there anyone English, other than me, who would opt for the latter.

I do want us to beat Italy but I know I would feel far worse if Accrington beat us than if we do come up short tomorrow

An England win for me.... we'd have another 45 games to put things right

• @bookertease its a tough one...especially as I will (hopefully) be there to see goals against Accrington. But there is a chance we'll beat Accrington again...whereas England winning something again before I croak?

• England for me. Two good reasons above!

• @bookertease said:
    As a hypothetical question, if you had to choose between a win for England tomorrow or 3 points for us in the first game against Accrington, is there anyone English, other than me, who would opt for the latter.

I'm very much club > country, but losing tomorrow would take a lot longer to get over than our routine defeat to our bogey team.

• Tubthumping

• @bookertease said:

Win for England, no brainer for me.

Promotion to the Championship again vs a Euro win is trickier, I think I'd opt for Wycombe in that instance but is a tough one.

• @bookertease said:

I would have to think long and hard. I will say this: I am more excited about the Accrington game!

• @bookertease said:

Are you serious?
    You'd sacrifice a once in a lifetime national tournament victory, for one game out of 46 in a league season?!

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:

Are you serious?
    You'd sacrifice a once in a lifetime national tournament victory, for one game out of 46 in a league season?!

What if defeat in that one game cost us promotion.

I am no doubt in the minority, but I would rather see us win League one than England win the Euros.

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

@bookertease said:

Are you serious?

What if defeat in that one game cost us promotion.

I am no doubt in the minority, but I would rather see us win League one than England win the Euros.

It couldn't possibly, one game in. There would be many other defeats/draws/hard luck stories along the way just as responsible.

And it is just about this 1 game, it's not about Wycombe promotion versus England glory. That might be more of a debate.

• Looking at closely packed centre court I assume the inevitable surge in infections will be blamed on footy and not wimbledon fortnight?