Skip to content

EFL Playoffs

Comments

• You could fit the population of Nailsworth into the Stadium of Light eight times over.

• You could fit the population of Horwich into the local ground.

• Same goes for Sands and Adams Park actually

• Newport bottling this a treat.

Surely that Number 8, who ran right across the keeper's eyeline was offside for that 3rd goal?

• Surely a chance this game gets at least paused - there are puddles forming in the box, ffs.

• Not surprised with all that Scottish seaweed

• Glad the commentators asked about that offside. Didn't think it was just me.

Surely you can't run across a keeper's eyeline, attempting to get on a ball you just miss by centimetres, and it not being interfering with play!

• edited May 2021

@Malone said:
    Glad the commentators asked about that offside. Didn't think it was just me.

Surely you can't run across a keeper's eyeline, attempting to get on a ball you just miss by centimetres, and it not being interfering with play!

Didn't this happen in the West Brom - Liverpool game? Matt Phillips called offside for obstructing Alisson's view - and old Big Sam ploy, but you haven't been able to do it for years.

• WHAT A GOAL form Ellison!

Gotta love him.

• Kevin Ellison! ?

• I’m assuming that celebration was aimed at Derek Adams.

• What a goal that was. I really want Ellison to face Adams in the final and repeat his celebration from a few weeks back.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Glad the commentators asked about that offside. Didn't think it was just me.

Didn't this happen in the West Brom - Liverpool game? Matt Phillips called offside for obstructing Allison's view - and old Big Sam ploy, but you haven't been able to do it for years.

That one was a bit more borderline I think, as the ball directed into the corner which the keeper was never getting anyway.

This one the player was literally within a whisker of touching it, meaning the keeper couldn't commit in case he touched it.
    Surprised they didn't even argue about it!

VAR rules that out for sure though.

• I want FGR to go up but the idea of Ellison scoring the winner in the final against Adams is too delicious to contemplate.

• Would love Newport to come up as my mate is an exile not far from there and means we can actually make an away together for a rare time!

• IT’S ON

• Is it me or is this the most entertaining year of playoffs as a neutral for quite a while?

• It’s not just you @Malone - though it is helped by the fact that L1 playoffs were as funny as they could possibly be.

• Yeah, this is the best set of play-offs I can remember in ages.

• @drcongo said:
    It’s not just you @Malone - though it is helped by the fact that L1 playoffs were as funny as they could possibly be.

If Newport and Lincoln go up, I couldn't have written it better to be honest.
    Ideally Brentford as well to get a fresh team up there.

• @Malone said:
    Is it me or is this the most entertaining year of playoffs as a neutral for quite a while?

Almost certainly. Didn't think I'd be too fussed about the Championship games but the Brentford-Bournemouth match yesterday was fantastic. Both L1 ties were great, even beyond the results, and this game now is proper knife-edge stuff. Really, they can stuff their super league.

• Ellison to get the winner against Morecombe

• Best moment of the match on 83 minutes, Alan Parry saying 'oh shut up!' to someone

• @LX1 said:
    Best moment of the match on 83 minutes, Alan Parry saying 'oh shut up!' to someone

Thought I heard that. Brilliant.

• Grief, this really is some game.

• Good lord.

• Noooo

• @LX1 said:
    Best moment of the match on 83 minutes, Alan Parry saying 'oh shut up!' to someone

Second best Wycombe related commentator moment?

After Alan Hutchie's threat to boot some Manc's face into next week.

• Imagine if the ref abandoned it now because of the weather.