Skip to content

EFL Playoffs

Comments

• That ref was pretty harsh on Lincoln, a lot of soft free kicks against and none for.

• Blackpool's double scorer Dougall looks like he should be in a K-Pop boyband. Two good strikes though.

• edited May 2021

Blackpool have won 6 of 8 playoff finals contested. Pretty incredible record. No other club has even been to more than 5 finals.

• As great as it would have been for Lincoln to go up, I can’t help but feel delighted for the Blackpool fans having suffered for years under the Oyston’s.

• I'm happy for Blackpool to go up, but at the same time slightly disappointed at what could've been a good weekend away

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I'm happy for Blackpool to go up, but at the same time slightly disappointed at what could've been a good weekend away

I am looking forward to a weekend away in Lincoln - a lovely city.

• @AlanCecil said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    I'm happy for Blackpool to go up, but at the same time slightly disappointed at what could've been a good weekend away

I am looking forward to a weekend away in Lincoln - a lovely city.

Agreed, a bit classier than Blackpool.

• Went up to Lincoln for the game that was rearranged due to their Checkatrade final as our hotel was non-refundable and it is a lovely place to visit. Proper steep walk up to the top of the hill, mind.

• That penalty not given was rather reminiscent of a couple of incidents against us this season (v Norwich at home and Watford away).

• Ref’s got it in for Newport.

• Just realised it's Bobby Madley

• Seems like a different lifetime we were losing to Southend in the L2 final doesn’t it?

• Kevin Ellison to win it with a Panenka in a shootout ?

• Only managed to catch 20 minutes of the first half but delighted to hear Lee Hendrie inform us that “even the balls are sweaty out there”. They are indeed Lee, they are indeed.

• Lenny Hendrie also suggested that the temperature was about 26 degrees. Must be a micro climate at the stadium as maxima around London have been around 23 degrees. Much higher than 26 in the sun of course.

• Sorry. Lee Hendrie.

• edited May 2021

@micra said:
    Lenny Hendrie also suggested that the temperature was about 26 degrees. Must be a micro climate at the stadium as maxima around London have been around 23 degrees. Much higher than 26 in the sun of course.

You do love telling people at games what the weather is like don't you :)

BBC has Wembley at 25, so about 26 looks a decent estimate from the boy Hendrie.

• Get Ellison on.

• I do @Malone. I’m bloody obsessed with the weather and I’m rarely right - as on this occasion, I reckon.

You interrupted me preparing to enquire who the bald guy was laying down the law to our Derek.

• “Good company in the gantry with yourself “ !

• Ellison's greasing himself up in preparation for the inevitable winner, and more important sprint to get into Adams' grill.

• Slippery character, Ellison.

• edited May 2021

Labadie.
    I knew that name rang a bell for something ugly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32327506

• I sense a goal

• Get Ellison on ffs

• This game has been so lacking in quality. I wouldn't want to watch either of these every week...

• (Cue stoppage time Ellison Rabona from outside the box)

• Newport clearly think it's going to extra time, and are saving Ellison.

• @Malone said:
    Labadie.
    I knew that name rang a bell for something ugly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32327506

A canny ball player.

• Here he comes