Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• It's all a bit unseemly, their fans and (most) employees didn't do the robbing but they did benefit from it and will do further if debts are written off, they've all been kept in the dark and told a load of pish, and they'll be worried about the future but wanging on about PPG is weak.

• Yes, was going to say, there's a huge difference between PA and PR.

• I am certain if the positions were reversed Derby would have just politely applauded our good fortune and wished us well.

• Indeed, and ours would have all agreed we should have been relegated and agreed to pay them however many millions they thought they were entitled to

• I was quite amused by a thread I happened upon where the Derby fans were debating if Deli Alli would be a good signing as he appears to be available on loan. Their fans expectations seem to be part of their problem when it comes to spending beyond their means.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I was quite amused by a thread I happened upon where the Derby fans were debating if Deli Alli would be a good signing as he appears to be available on loan. Their fans expectations seem to be part of their problem when it comes to spending beyond their means.

Yup, whilst decrying us as and Boro as being opportunistic to the point of risking liquidating them, a point their multiple prospective buyers, Rooney and various others have said won't happen, they seem to want this all rushed through, including stiffing the taxman in time for them to go big in the January transfer window.

I was quite amused by a thread I happened upon where the Derby fans were debating if Deli Alli would be a good signing as he appears to be available on loan. Their fans expectations seem to be part of their problem when it comes to spending beyond their means.

The worrying thing is the EFL would probably approve this!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    That bloke has accused Rob of wanting Derby to liquidate. Strange, cause he seemed to want quite the opposite... https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-wycombe-middlesbrough-efl-6347739

I’ve started to warm to Robs going in with guns blazing approach.

• edited December 2021

I think lots of credit to Rob for the interview with the derby telegraph / derbyshire live. A masterpiece in laying out the facts. Some considerable effort and application must have gone into that interview so that the end result laid out the facts in an incisive piece, especially as the medium (derby telegraph / derbyshire live) was not likely to be sympathetic to the message, or have a previous record of incisive journalism, and that the immediate audience was likely to be very broadly hostile.

@MorrisItal_ said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    That bloke has accused Rob of wanting Derby to liquidate. Strange, cause he seemed to want quite the opposite... https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-wycombe-middlesbrough-efl-6347739

I’ve started to warm to Robs going in with guns blazing approach.

Rob - thanks for having the best interests of Wycombe Wanderers at heart and for doing something about it.

• It’s impossible for football fans to be objective so Derby fans will say this and we will say that and a lot of it will be very uncalled for but where we are currently is this. Derbys administrators are holding discussions with Wycombe (Rob) and they report “progress has been made” unless the discussion was along the lines of “we don’t think you have a case” “my god you’re right” something else must be happening.

• The American Chris Kirchner has pulled out of buying Derby as he says the administrators have been messing him around.

• He also said: "The only one to really blame for this situation is Mel Morris. Proper f*** job."

• Still, I'm sure it's Wycombe's fault...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Still, I'm sure it's Wycombe's fault...

Who's said that?

• edited December 2021

@peterparrotface said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Still, I'm sure it's Wycombe's fault...

Who's said that?

The numerous Derby fans accusing Rob (and Steve Gibson) of trying to kill the club off

• That and most things seem to be our fault

• @ReturnToSenda right got you, cheers

• Maybe it's just me, but, I want them to be punished, I want them to be relegated, maybe 2 seasons in a row would be nice. But I for one do not want to see them go into liquidation and have to start lower non league like Bury and Macclesfield

• Another buyer (the one that was the fans favourite) has pulled out today. They were hoping to make an announcement today about the sale too. There must be something proper toxic in those books that make people keep walking away from this lot. I guess this scuppers their hopes of signing Deli Alli in January ?

• Leaves us a clear path to sign Alli then!!

• @mooneyman said:
    Leaves us a clear path to sign Alli then!!

Exciting times

• @mooneyman said:

NBTWAG

Another buyer (the one that was the fans favourite) has pulled out today. They were hoping to make an announcement today about the sale too. There must be something proper toxic in those books that make people keep walking away from this lot. I guess this scuppers their hopes of signing Deli Alli in January ?

You don't need to look too far into the books. They don't own their ground, or I think the training ground, they have few players people want to bid big sums for and may have to free some of them to get them off the wage bill, they owe HMRC £29m, plenty more to other suppliers and will be in L1 most likely next year.

The process now is working out who will write off what. If Marvelous Mel paid off whatever they can negotiate the tax bill down to and included the ground in the deal they might have a buyer who can suck up some initial losses and hope to turn it round. What seems most likely is that after closer inspection Morris wants to claw money back on top of all the other debts.

They can moan about Rob C but our claim is way down the list and will get watered down if not thrown out altogether

• edited December 2021

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@mooneyman said:

NBTWAG

Most of ours are injured though!

• @mooneyman said:

He could do with a month of people reminding him what hard work is like

• Dele played pretty well v Liverpool. Still not sure he's got a future at Spurs, but there was just a little glimmer of hope that he might get back to something at least approaching his best. Sad how much he's declined - arguably could have become one of the best in the world if he'd continued the trajectory he was on under Poch.

• edited December 2021

Aaand now I'm thinking about Jamal Blackman's kick and I'm sad

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Dele played pretty well v Liverpool. Still not sure he's got a future at Spurs, but there was just a little glimmer of hope that he might get back to something at least approaching his best. Sad how much he's declined - arguably could have become one of the best in the world if he'd continued the trajectory he was on under Poch.

Not flogging one or two players at their peak and reinvesting has caught up with them. Rose probably best example, frozen out then left on a free.

• edited December 2021

@ReturnToSenda funny how opinions differ. I thought Deli was average in that game and messed up massively when it counted in the big moments.
    Missed an absolute sitter, giving the keeper a chance to save it.
    And bungled an absolutely superb opportunity when clean through with Kane to the right, and gave a horrible pass.

• @Malone said:
    @ReturnToSenda funny how opinions differ. I thought Deli was average in that game and messed up massively when it counted in the big moments.
    Missed an absolute sitter, giving the keeper a chance to save it.
    And bungled an absolutely superb opportunity when clean through with Kane to the right, and gave a horrible pass.

He lacked the final ball/finish, but the bar was low and his overall performance was much more dynamic than anything he's shown of late. Ndombele was anonymous, though, and I don't think they'll ever get consistency out of him.