Skip to content

That irritating Gareth to Preston thing again

124»

Comments

• Interested to see your reference to Maidenhead Thicket @Thicketblue as, generally speaking, I find people’s choice of username somewhat mystifying. Mine is extremely close to my actual name and, as someone who is comfortable posting a selfie as part of his profile, I’ve never had a cover to get blown, in any case.

• I'm not clever enough for subtle subterfuge. And I don't know how to do those @name inserts either (which mystify me on that new Face Book thingy that I relatively recently started using)!

• Did Gareth dream of managing Crystal Palace?

• @micra said:
    Interested to see your reference to Maidenhead Thicket @Thicketblue as, generally speaking, I find people’s choice of username somewhat mystifying. Mine is extremely close to my actual name and, as someone who is comfortable posting a selfie as part of his profile, I’ve never had a cover to get blown, in any case.

I chose my username to give me an extra little mystique

• Gareth on the EFL podcast seems to suggest it would take something mammoth to leave. When told it is time for him to move on from Wycombe...his reply is 'Why?'
    He'll be getting us up again next year. :smile:

• @Wendoverman said:
    Gareth on the EFL podcast seems to suggest it would take something mammoth to leave. When told it is time for him to move on from Wycombe...his reply is 'Why?'
    He'll be getting us up again next year. :smile:

I genuinely feel GA and Dobbo are building something lasting and unique, culture-wise which could be a template for other clubs (ethos, unity, character identification, etc.) in the same way 'Moneyball' was so influential (RC did actually say we incorporate Moneyball into what we do to).

Thankfully, other clubs are too busy moaning about us being promoted after finishing 85th in the Combine Counties Under Sevens Walking League to actually notice we are setting an example others could follow if they actually paid attention...or if there was more than one GA/Dobbo combo.