Skip to content

Match day thread: Tottenham

Comments

• @micra said:
    Not sure Darius would take kindly to being described as makeshift!

We had three different back four configurations in the first 30 minutes.

• Ich pea zazu from Rio now. Money for old rope these guys.

• Blooms is too slow against Winks (not surprisingly).
    We’ve barely trained and not played for 16 days , so we’re bound to be a bit rusty, and lacking fitness.
    Shame JJ had to go off, we’ve lost our threat from corners bow.

• Ick-piss-arse-who from Rio.

Taking the heat off the Fred pronunciation from the other geezer.

• Sorry to sound so negative. Uche has been great, Admiral and Fred have looked bright. But come on, they’ve run through/round us at will and we couldn’t argue if they’d put 4 past us.

• Rio seems slightly more impressed by us that the Gasroom.

• Really missing @bluntphil or @glasshalffull's commentary these jokers are awful

• This is a game to enjoy, not agonize over. We have nothing to lose (well, apart from the actual game)! Come on boys! 45 more minutes!

• No cover for JJ in the squad. Let’s hope he’s not too bad. May have to do some last minute transfer business.

• I disagree @YorkExile - we’ve mostly restricted them to soft shots from range with a back 4 that keeps changing.

• @YorkExile said:
    Sorry to sound so negative. Uche has been great, Admiral and Fred have looked bright. But come on, they’ve run through/round us at will and we couldn’t argue if they’d put 4 past us.

They will be better, quicker and stronger than any of the players we played against this year, who were better than last year etc..
    Bale gets paid more each week I believe than we have ever paid for a player. Every week.

• Whilst losing JJ is a blow, it does give us pace at both left and right back.

• Yeah, need a bit more Wycombe bias.

• edited January 2021

We are also currently drawing 1-1 to Jose Mourinho's Tottenham team, with their goalscorer on approx 500k a week, with a right back playing at centre back and now our left back off injured. Sure we've looked a bit rusty in defence and midfield at times, but if you can't be enjoying this right now then I'm not sure football is for you.

• 2 mins 56 seconds of ‘analysis’ there. Thought pay TV was supposed to be quality? Is it usually this sketchy?

• What subs do we bring on fairly early in the second half? Adeniran?

• Most predictable post of the evening alert:

Alsopp has to come out and smash Bale into the middle of next week there doesn't he?

• Much as I love Blooms we need the pace that Dennis gives us alongside Curtis so am sort of hoping a tactical halftime or early second half substitution

• My only but if criticism is that Blooms looks sluggish, but I’m also pleased that he’s the only one who does.

• Yep, anyone who is "disappointed" with our performance, having led them for a considerable amount of time does need to give their head a wobble.

• Yeah I'd swap Adeniran for Blooms

• @StrongestTeam said:

@YorkExile said:
    Sorry to sound so negative. Uche has been great, Admiral and Fred have looked bright. But come on, they’ve run through/round us at will and we couldn’t argue if they’d put 4 past us.

They will be better, quicker and stronger than any of the players we played against this year, who were better than last year etc..
    Bale gets paid more each week I believe than we have ever paid for a player. Every week.

I wonder how many weeks of Bale’s salary would equal Bloomfield’s total wage we’ve ever paid him.

• @Malone said:
    Yep, anyone who is "disappointed" with our performance, having led them for a considerable amount of time does need to give their head a wobble.

I find the negativity reassuring. A rock of normalcy in an uncertain world.

• Weakened and paid Bt. Expensive second half if we go out!?

• Ref straight into ‘don’t touch the famous player’ mode.

• @Chris said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@YorkExile said:

I wonder how many weeks of Bale’s salary would equal Bloomfield’s total wage we’ve ever paid him.

I was really generous with how much we might have paid Matty and I think it's unlikely his 18 years would be more than 6 weeks of Bales

• Spurs getting a lot of space around the box

• Only just realised we’re kicking the wrong way.

• That’s Harry Kane.

• Having to bring the England captain on