Skip to content

Match day thread: Tottenham

Comments

• That turn from Uche

• He who must not be named (under any circumstance) scores. Get in!

• Start to feel it's our night when Bale spurns 3 good opportunities...

• Spurs know exactly where to put corners don’t they?

• Awful that for JJ and we have no LB cover.

• The one position we keep saying we have no cover !

• Well that’s a nightmare.

• How's that for a let off LOL.
    Off the bar with a deflection into our keeper's hands!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    The one position we keep saying we have no cover !

We have the young guy we signed from Chelsea, James Clark.

• I'm liking the cut of the Admiral's jib.

• Who's summarising on BT, sounds a bit bored, main commentator excellent apart from the obvious Fred issue.

• Known universally as "Rocky" - to everyone.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Who's summarising on BT, sounds a bit bored, main commentator excellent apart from the obvious Fred issue.

Think it’s Steve Sidwell.

• Well that's been coming.

Honestly, and this is not a criticism, I don't think we've played at all well this half. Pretty sure we've not defended this badly for a good while.

• No...what a disappointing one to concede dead on half time.

• Woodwork made a couple of world class saves, so not as upset he could not get to that last one.

• Very disappointing indeed. The only positive after that performance is that we are somehow going in level at half time.

• Uche has been superb.
    A few little bits of decent play, but not surprisingly being rusty, having plenty out with covid, and having a makeshift centre back and JJ going off injured has caused plenty of issues.

• It definitely is Steve Sidwell.

• I mean that’s clearly not the only positive.

• We were hardly going to boss it.

• We have been a bit all over the shop at the back even when JJ was on the field, even more so since he went off, Bales goal was coming but we sort of went to sleep a bit and lost our shape.
    I dont think we have played badly overall but we are capable of so much more.

• They have already done us proud, no matter what. I am hoping we make them sweat enough to bring on Kane and/or Son - what a compliment that would be.

Should be disappointed, but I am buzzing!

• Our front three have given their back four plenty to think about. The problem is that Wheels, Blooms and Thommo haven’t been involved at all leaving our (makeshift, shifted again, then shifted again) back four overwhelmed.

• Some people need to remember that we are playing against a PL team full of internationals who cost millions of pounds.

• Not sure Darius would take kindly to being described as makeshift!

• Do they ever stop showing ads on BT Sport?

• True, but they have looked not much better than top half of the Championship to be honest

• @glasshalffull said:
    Some people need to remember that we are playing against a PL team full of internationals who cost millions of pounds.

I swear you have this on copy and paste and just added "PL team" this week :)

We're doing well up front, and not surprisingly having a real mash up in midfield and defence, being rusty, and JJ going off, we look a bit unsure.

• Ikpeerzazru!