Skip to content

Match day thread: Barnsley

Comments

• @Username said:
    This has been a shocking game that wouldn't look out of place in league 2.

30 mins to go and we can still get something out of it though amazingly, changes imminent surely

A shocking game where we have still quite comfortably been the worse side. Very much hope we change things up and get something from this game but this has been the worst I've seen of us in a long while.

• That fool deserved to miss that for all the kissing of the ball beforehand.
    So close to saving that.

• Looks like the injuries and back to back games have finally caught up with us tonight.

• So disappointed in these tactics, but oh well. We'll win 3-2.

• Need to change it up. This isn't working

• Fred on for Bayo and get running at them!

• Not just the tactics tho, not many of our players are coming out with much credit.

• Way to much hoof ball painfull to watch

• Good grief this is turgid stuff.

• Very surprised not to have seen any changes yet.

• Very surprised not to have seen any subs yet, particularly after a rare HT double sub changed the game in our favour vs Derby.

• This is pathetic. Where are the subs

• Garbage. Can someone explain our tactics.

• This is not working, we need to change something up to at least give it a go. COME ON WYCOMBE, WAKE UP!!!! We don't look ourselves today

• McLeary doing some excellent defensive work but, bluntly, don't want him to.

• Sod it. I’m going to go do something more interesting, like admin.

• It's not a tactical issue I don't think, we just look absolutely fucked.

• Leave the sound on. Listen for the roar when we score.

• @davecz said:
    Garbage. Can someone explain our tactics.

Same tactics we've been using for a few years now. Get ball.up to Bayo flick ons etc etc. Not working admittedly. Are you new here?

• One for the stats guys.

What percentage of posts in this thread are talking about subs?

• Decent chance for Knight there.

Hope there's more to come.

• Fuck it. Ten to go. Get the attacking and will run at them subs on and fingers crossed time

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It's not a tactical issue I don't think, we just look absolutely fucked.

I think it's both tonight I'm afraid. We haven't deviated at all from the long punt to Bayo plan all evening when it's been clear since minute 5 that wasn't working tonight.

• Blooms and Anis coming on

• Tough as even with Samuel in place of Bayo, he'd have been completely over powered by the 3 CBs, and you can't imagine we'd have suddenly knocked it around the deck magnificently.

• Great, we need a goal so Bring Samuel on.

• edited December 2020

Easy to say with hindsight, but we didn't freshen it up enough from the start. Players out there (Gape, Horgan, Bayo) who just don't look like they should've been starting.

• We've been all over the place tonight.

• Subs with five to go..... Great....

• @Wendoverman said:

@davecz said:
    Garbage. Can someone explain our tactics.

Same tactics we've been using for a few years now. Get ball.up to Bayo flick ons etc etc. Not working admittedly. Are you new here?

Certainly not new.. I know our normal tactic but it’s not working. Is this the only way Ainsworth can play. We have got two good wingers , why are we not getting the ball on the floor.