Skip to content

Tickets for WWFC vs Cov City

1235»

Comments

• @StonyBlue said:

@mooneyman said:
    @StonyBlue - I can't imagine that many owners of Championship clubs would personally respond to a dissatisfied supporter, particularly an owner not even resident in this country.

Fair play to him. I explained the issues I’ve had in more detail so hopefully he could understand where I was coming from. I was gutted to have missed out last week through no fault of my own but it’s hardly the end of the world. I apologised to him.

Did he say sorry for his initial response out of interest? As someone who has had similar experiences I probably wouldn't have hit the owners about fan experience but I would have been livid to just be offered a refund. A season ticket us worth so much more and I hope he gets that.

• @YorkExile said:
    If Rob DM'd a private response, why did he feel the need to publicly respond as he did? Not really necessary is it?

He said in a previous interview words to the effect (Heavy paraphrasing sorry) that he hopes he, and the whole team and his family will try to resolve any issues for anyone and respond to any questions but as soon as people start making personal ad-hominen attacks they can feck off. Nice to see he followed up as it's not quite that and a bit of a grey area. Something we are guilty of here perhaps always relating every individual operational decision back to wether they are nice people or hard nosed business men.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@StonyBlue said:

@mooneyman said:
    @StonyBlue - I can't imagine that many owners of Championship clubs would personally respond to a dissatisfied supporter, particularly an owner not even resident in this country.

Fair play to him. I explained the issues I’ve had in more detail so hopefully he could understand where I was coming from. I was gutted to have missed out last week through no fault of my own but it’s hardly the end of the world. I apologised to him.

Did he say sorry for his initial response out of interest? As someone who has had similar experiences I probably wouldn't have hit the owners about fan experience but I would have been livid to just be offered a refund. A season ticket us worth so much more and I hope he gets that.

There was no apology for his response. He suggested he thought I had some kind of ulterior motive in my tweet which was a bit bizarre. I think he thought I was questioning his ownership of the club which I definitely wasn’t doing. I love the club and have been going for 35 years, am a Trust member, 500 Club contributor etc and will always support the club whoever owns it. I didn’t take up the refund offer! This will be my last season ticket purchase anyway. I can’t get to midweek games due to where I live and my working hours so the price rise doesn’t make it good value anymore. I’m just going to select the games I go to and pay for them individually. I’ve always liked the season ticket option as it gives the club money up front. I got mine this year before promotion despite knowing it wouldn’t pay me to do this but won’t be doing it again.

• @eric_plant said:
    People get so defensive about things but if I'd bought my season ticket in the first hour of them going on sale I'd be pretty pissed off if I wasn't included on the emails going out and I certainly wouldn't appreciate being offered a refund if I expressed that annoyance.

You've nothing to apologise for @StonyBlue

Glad it's all sorted now

Thanks for that. I’m going to try not to upset our overlords in future. Especially with the main man being a lawyer!

• We were sent one code for three season tickets (as they were originally one email perhaps?). I spoke to the ticket office and they sorted it out for me...thank you Harry in the ticket office, you did a good job.

• Codes now sent to all remaining season ticket holders.

Worth contacting the club if you’re a holder and haven’t received an email.

• I'm in!! Absolutely delighted

• Im in, didn't expect that!!

• Also in !!

• edited December 2020

So just catching up on things - it panned out that all season ticket holders who hadn't got on the original priority list were offered the chance today - they still had 500 left!

Good news that everyone who wanted to get in could get in (STHs anyway).
    I suppose people will be on next saying what about any remaining tickets going to non STHs.

• @Malone said:
    So just catching up on things - it panned out that all season ticket holders who hadn't got on the original priority list were offered the chance today - they still had 500 left!

I suppose people will be on next saying what about any remaining tickets going to non STHs.

And how do you prove your worthiness? Photographic evidence of you at Loakes Park? Ability to name obscure punk bands who played at pubs that no longer exist? Ticket stub from Torquay? Bank statements demonstrating a top 5% spend in the bar? High level limbs skills? Being head butted by player? This could get messy.

• edited December 2020

@Manboobs said:

@Malone said:

And how do you prove your worthiness? Photographic evidence of you at Loakes Park? Ability to name obscure punk bands who played at pubs that no longer exist? Ticket stub from Torquay? Bank statements demonstrating a top 5% spend in the bar? High level limbs skills? Being head butted by player? This could get messy.

I would rank it as follows

1)Carlisle away attendance - and the more the better
    2)Proof you've chanted "sing up gasroom" & glared at everyone on the terrace as if trying to judge who looks like a gasroom poster , at more than one away game.
    3)Analysis of your last 5 year record of tweets about the club - minimum totals apply, but highest percentage of positive ones gains priority.
    4)Limbs collateral damage count - points awarded for an overall total on three elements.
    How many kids or pensioners you've smashed into the rails.
    How many likes your inevitable videoing of the action gets on facebook.
    Extra points by following up to someone moaning at getting utterly wellied into the rails with a "well, if you're going to stand at the front in the terrace you know what you're getting" comment.

• 5) No of Cajun burgers consumed.

• @Chris said:
    5) No of Cajun burgers consumed.

In total or at one sitting?

• I'm sure it'll be based on crisps in some way.

• @Malone I may have thumbsed down your post. I meant the opposite. Although if you write amusing posts on a Friday when I’ve had a well earned beer you only have yourself to blame.

• @Manboobs said:

@Malone said:

Proof of piss stained brogues or desert boots of when the urine ran down from the khazi at the gasworks end.

• A sworn affidavit that you have never, and will never, be heard to utter the chant
    "Up The Wyc"

• Peterborough put tickets on general sale yesterday for their home game against Rochdale - a "very limited number" on a first come first served basis. Speculation that they will be in Tier 3 on Dec 16th could be relevant, cases there are rising fast and very high for the county and high for the country. It would put their home game against Ipswich on the 19th behind closed doors.

My guess is that we won't quite reach the two thousand today.

I wish I could be there with those that are going today, I will be an Armchairboy along with many others. Good fortune to the team and take care all those in the crowd.

Chairboys!

• @HomerLone said:
    A sworn affidavit that you have never, and will never, be heard to utter the chant
    "Up The Wyc"

Heh. I was looking at the home end yesterday and imagined “Wycombe ‘till I die” replaced with “Up the Wyc”.
    My blood ran cold.