Skip to content

Tickets for WWFC vs Cov City

Comments

• edited December 2020

@Steve_Peart said:
    I'm sure you are right @Username. I was making a general observation that longevity of service doesn’t appear to count for much with the new owner and administrators at the club. Just a feeling I get.

Maybe most think it shouldn't, but don't undervalue years of giving much support, time and money, and the experience and knowledge accumulated.

I agree when it comes being able vote on long term decisions, but I don't think it should hugely affect ticket priority. A previous season ticket was decent enough priority IMO , especially as that's only a fairly small number itself.

• @Username said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Seeing a few people complaining about not being able to sit with who they normally sit with. I mean, even if you could, what are you going to do? Shout through a mask from three seats away? It's always something.

I thinks that's pretty much exactly what I'd like to do but I appreciate the issues at the moment so can get by.
    The social side of going to football has been removed for now. All fine but if that is a big part of your enjoyment in going it will bother them.
    I had to resort to chatting to people I could see a few seats away on WhatsApp. Another strange part of 2020. Not even a programme to read or a burger to eat.

It was annoying last week, but massively restricting social interaction is kind of the exact aim of the Covid rules, so hopefully most won't be too surprised.

I'd go as far as saying that if the rest of my weekly interactions were as safe amd closely monitored as last Wednesdays football we'd be a lot closer to being out of lockdown.
    As it stands Saturday could be our last chance for a while.

• I seem to have upset Rob Couhig on Twitter with a comment I put on about yet more problems getting a ticket for Saturday! I ended up missing the Stoke game as I didn’t get an email despite having got my season ticket in plenty of time. I had a perfectly pleasant exchange by email with Ben about this. I got home today and again no email. It seems to have gone to an address I no longer use which I’ve asked to be changed a couple of times without success. I get the staff are busy but it seems to be hard work getting anything sorted out and it does get frustrating. I can’t take my phone into work as I’m based in a Prison so I’m invariably having to chase it when I get in and times short.

Can’t say I appreciated the tone of his reply. I probably shouldn’t have taken out my frustration in a tweet but it seems unless you make a fuss you don’t get things sorted. Leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after 35 years as a season ticket holder, 500 Club contributor, Trust Member etc.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Steve_Peart said:
    I'm sure you are right @Username. I was making a general observation that longevity of service doesn’t appear to count for much with the new owner and administrators at the club. Just a feeling I get.

Maybe most think it shouldn't, but don't undervalue years of giving much support, time and money, and the experience and knowledge accumulated.

I think that view is becoming more common is lots of businesses and clubs to be honest. Long service or support isn't as bankable as future service or support. I think it should count for something but as someone who risked losing his Founder Share over an admin mistake this season
    30 years of support count for very little.

Personally that's fine as I've got a huge bank of Wycombe related memories that no owner past, present or future will ever have.

I note with a bit of surprise a rather spikey Rob Couhig tweet answering a fan getting frustrated with not getting an email for a second game running. Luckily his suggestion of getting a refund on his season ticket was followed by excellent help from the club Twitter feed. Well done to them.

Not sure that's entirely fair - the original post was essentially questioning whether the owners (i.e himself) was interested in the fan experience which FWIW was very unfair in my opinion.

• Must admit shielding aside I find it irritating in a mask for the short periods I spend in shops so am looking forward to mask wearing being a thing of the past by the time I'm in again.

• edited December 2020

@Steve_Peart said:

I think that view is becoming more common is lots of businesses and clubs to be honest. Long service or support isn't as bankable as future service or support. I think it should count for something but as someone who risked losing his Founder Share over an admin mistake this season

Personally that's fine as I've got a huge bank of Wycombe related memories that no owner past, present or future will ever have.

I note with a bit of surprise a rather spikey Rob Couhig tweet answering a fan getting frustrated with not getting an email for a second game running. Luckily his suggestion of getting a refund on his season ticket was followed by excellent help from the club Twitter feed. Well done to them.

This is the tweet from RC after a chap came at him with the line "The new owners seem to be all about ‘the fan experience’ ""

"The staff is doing all it can with constantly changing rules. In many cases, it must be done manually. If it’s not sorted to your satisfaction, please feel free to exercise your option of canceling and receive a full refund on your tickets. Thank you for your patience"

I'm not sure that is particularly "spikey" but is a pretty well measured response.
    Maybe others would agree with you though.

• @DJWYC14 said:

@Steve_Peart said:

Not sure that's entirely fair - the original post was essentially questioning whether the owners (i.e himself) was interested in the fan experience which FWIW was very unfair in my opinion.

Maybe but a fan experience isn't just a pint or an Oasis tribute band. My fan experience this season has been a stressful one until day. Not down to the excellent staff but definately due to poor systems and third party providers. If I'd have been simply offered the chance of a refund I'd have been pretty annoyed too.
    I wanted my season ticket even when I thought I'd never see a game. It means more than the money and I guess that is part of what @Steve_Peart is feeling.

• @StonyBlue said:
    I seem to have upset Rob Couhig on Twitter with a comment I put on about yet more problems getting a ticket for Saturday! I ended up missing the Stoke game as I didn’t get an email despite having got my season ticket in plenty of time. I had a perfectly pleasant exchange by email with Ben about this. I got home today and again no email. It seems to have gone to an address I no longer use which I’ve asked to be changed a couple of times without success. I get the staff are busy but it seems to be hard work getting anything sorted out and it does get frustrating. I can’t take my phone into work as I’m based in a Prison so I’m invariably having to chase it when I get in and times short.

Can’t say I appreciated the tone of his reply. I probably shouldn’t have taken out my frustration in a tweet but it seems unless you make a fuss you don’t get things sorted. Leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after 35 years as a season ticket holder, 500 Club contributor, Trust Member etc.

Assuming you're the guy who tweeted the below, I'd say his response was fairly measured.

No email again. Second week running. My season ticket money was taken from my account the day they went on sale. You sort of lose the will to keep chasing it up. The new owners seem to be all about ‘the fan experience’ but it makes you wonder. @wwfcofficial

• @Malone said:
    Assuming you're the guy who tweeted the below, I'd say his response was fairly measured.

No email again. Second week running. My season ticket money was taken from my account the day they went on sale. You sort of lose the will to keep chasing it up. The new owners seem to be all about ‘the fan experience’ but it makes you wonder. @wwfcofficial

So 'The owners seem to be all about the fan experience' is going against ' free to exercise your option of canceling and receive a full refund on your tickets'. I think both are pretty spiky but on reflection maybe the person who struck first deserves it.
    I've been nervous for days about having to contact the club once again for help but it worked fine. Maybe that lack of sleep caused my reaction but maybe it is part of the fan experience?
    If it is then the new ticket system is a big step forward and a ballsy move at such a difficult time.

• Yeah that was me! Rob has DM’d me. With hindsight my tweet doesn’t look great. I gave him the full story and apologised. His response to my tweet wasn’t great but he’s under pressure and I’m sure stuff like that won’t help. Says a lot about him that he got in touch. I think my issues are valid but Twitter wasn’t the best forum to vent my frustrations.

• @StonyBlue - I can't imagine that many owners of Championship clubs would personally respond to a dissatisfied supporter, particularly an owner not even resident in this country.

• @StonyBlue said:
    Yeah that was me! Rob has DM’d me. With hindsight my tweet doesn’t look great. I gave him the full story and apologised. His response to my tweet wasn’t great but he’s under pressure and I’m sure stuff like that won’t help. Says a lot about him that he got in touch. I think my issues are valid but Twitter wasn’t the best forum to vent my frustrations.

No harm done - and your frustrations are of course very valid. But I think you slightly overdid it with the barb at the owner's intentions and probably got what was a fair comment back. He did also mention how the staff are under a lot of pressure and thanked you for the patience.
    I can think of at least one person previously involved in the running of the club who would have left out the first and last bits and just gone in on you!

ps hope you get in soon :)

• edited December 2020

@Malone said:

So 'The owners seem to be all about the fan experience' is going against ' free to exercise your option of canceling and receive a full refund on your tickets'. I think both are pretty spiky but on reflection maybe the person who struck first deserves it.
    I've been nervous for days about having to contact the club once again for help but it worked fine. Maybe that lack of sleep caused my reaction but maybe it is part of the fan experience?
    If it is then the new ticket system is a big step forward and a ballsy move at such a difficult time.

It's certainly a difficult time all round - and the ticket business makes it even worse - as this is our release from the real world issues.

But I think you only have to look at the 100s of fans with their individual questions on the twitter feed to see the club are doing superbly to keep up with it.
    Not at all surprised Mr Couhig took a little exception to being personally called out.

ps glad you also got in - if i remember your situation correctly - you should have qualified first time round but missed out?

• On another note I did also spot the official twitter account mentioning that their approach is "under review".

I dare say if things continue and the same 100s are totally missing out game after game, and there's no sign of more than 2000 getting in, then they may tweak the priority approach.
    Difficult though as you can irritate some people either way. Maybe instead of a rota you simply publicise when the 1700 or so of the 2000 going to STH are up for grabs and then make it first come first serve on those?

All of course pending we don't slip into tier 3 and be down to 0 fans allowed again!

• @Malone said:
    On another note I did also spot the official twitter account mentioning that their approach is "under review".

I dare say if things continue and the same 100s are totally missing out game after game, and there's no sign of more than 2000 getting in, then they may tweak the priority approach.
    Difficult though as you can irritate some people either way. Maybe instead of a rota you simply publicise when the 1700 or so of the 2000 going to STH are up for grabs and then make it first come first serve on those?

All of course pending we don't slip into tier 3 and be down to 0 fans allowed again!

I took that as them trying to get people off their case - until the next game. I don't think you can change the approach now, especially as all being well everyone will get in pretty soon.

• Still no email for me (sad face) and from rumours I keep on hearing at work this could be last chance for a while, whole of Bucks could be about to go tier 3 I've heard. Wycombe and Aylesbury have both had big spikes and schools in both areas are in chaos, my neighbours lad has been sent home until January

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:
    On another note I did also spot the official twitter account mentioning that their approach is "under review".

I took that as them trying to get people off their case - until the next game. I don't think you can change the approach now, especially as all being well everyone will get in pretty soon.

Do you think we're heading for tier 1? I thought tier 3 is more likely to be honest.

• @Malone said:

@StonyBlue said:
    I seem to have upset Rob Couhig on Twitter with a comment I put on about yet more problems getting a ticket for Saturday! I ended up missing the Stoke game as I didn’t get an email despite having got my season ticket in plenty of time. I had a perfectly pleasant exchange by email with Ben about this. I got home today and again no email. It seems to have gone to an address I no longer use which I’ve asked to be changed a couple of times without success. I get the staff are busy but it seems to be hard work getting anything sorted out and it does get frustrating. I can’t take my phone into work as I’m based in a Prison so I’m invariably having to chase it when I get in and times short.

@malone I always find mine under promotions tab on my gmail account

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:

Do you think we're heading for tier 1? I thought tier 3 is more likely to be honest.

I'd be amazed if this government put Buckinghamshire into tier 3 even if they should, but we'll see. By 'pretty soon' I mean Feb anyway, going by what Rob's saying and how the tier system will supposedly be gone by March. But I guess it's a constantly changing situation.

• "And that is Jason Cousins...and Wycombe Wanderers!"

• One of the greatest moments in our 136 year history

• Couldn't move on the terrace that night

• Can't find it on youtube. Someone post it please!

• @woodlands said:

@Malone said:

@StonyBlue said:

@malone I always find mine under promotions tab on my gmail account

Not sure that was meant for me chap?
    I was quoting the other guy's post from twitter?

• @Malone said:

@Malone said:

It's certainly a difficult time all round - and the ticket business makes it even worse - as this is our release from the real world issues.

But I think you only have to look at the 100s of fans with their individual questions on the twitter feed to see the club are doing superbly to keep up with it.
    Not at all surprised Mr Couhig took a little exception to being personally called out.

ps glad you also got in - if i remember your situation correctly - you should have qualified first time round but missed out?

Thanks. I am in now. I didn’t intend to call Rob out to be honest and with hindsight I can see why he sent a slightly spiky response. He did DM me and that says a lot about him as a person. I apologised as I tweeted in haste. I was still feeling frustrated about not getting in last week only to find I hadn’t had an email about Saturday’s game. Working in an environment when I don’t have access to my phone (I work in a Prison and we can’t take them in) I don’t get the chance to check what’s going on until I get home hence the frustration with not getting the email. I’m obviously not the only one who has issues but maybe the others have decided to use more sensible avenues than Twitter to highlight them!

• @LX1 17 minutes in - enjoy

• @mooneyman said:
    @StonyBlue - I can't imagine that many owners of Championship clubs would personally respond to a dissatisfied supporter, particularly an owner not even resident in this country.

Fair play to him. I explained the issues I’ve had in more detail so hopefully he could understand where I was coming from. I was gutted to have missed out last week through no fault of my own but it’s hardly the end of the world. I apologised to him.

• Big call to ditch the reasonably new system and go for something new so close to a game with the set of restrictions and rules in place, have to give them credit for trying rather than just blaming the old supplier, and hope it helps. Have always found them willing to help where needed.

• If Rob DM'd a private response, why did he feel the need to publicly respond as he did? Not really necessary is it?

• People get so defensive about things but if I'd bought my season ticket in the first hour of them going on sale I'd be pretty pissed off if I wasn't included on the emails going out and I certainly wouldn't appreciate being offered a refund if I expressed that annoyance.

You've nothing to apologise for @StonyBlue

Glad it's all sorted now