Skip to content

Tickets for WWFC vs Cov City

Afternoon all, I tried to find it but failed. I was wondering if anyone knew the likelihood of getting to see the game this weekend? My son and I have been season ticket holders for 4 years and bought our season tickets for this season on July 4th at 11.14 am. We're seated in Frank Adams stand. As of now I've had no comms from the club. I'd therefore be much obliged for an educated view on here as don't want to hassle the club unnecessarily. COYB!

Comments

• Don't fret too much - they haven't contacted anyone yet.

The numbers dotting around seem to suggest that there were a minimum of 200 of the 1,000 on Wednesday who weren't counted in the season ticket holder total. Maybe up to 300?

So at worst there should be 1,700 season ticket holders able to go for Saturday.

Season ticket holders seem to be in the 2,300 - 2,400 territory.
    But there's every chance a good proportion of the 1,700 choose not to go.

Might not help - but those seem to be the best numbers we can work off.

• The club do seem very quiet on the subject this week after giving great communication in the days before last Wednesdays game. I wonder why it's different?

• edited December 2020

They were still waiting for SAG approval last night. I'm not sure if that has to be given on a game-by-game basis, but we'll need it for any increase in cap.

• I thought the SAG seemed to drag their heels with us last week. Judging by the events at other grounds over the weekend (inflammatory booing, lack of social distancing etc.), it should be a shoo-in for us this time round. Or at least I hope so.

• Thanks for the information @chairboyscentral . Much the same as last week when the club communicated it excellently.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    They were still waiting for SAG approval last night. I'm not sure if that has to be given on a game-by-game basis, but we'll need it for any increase in cap.

Many thanks

• @Aimlesslywandering said:
    Afternoon all, I tried to find it but failed. I was wondering if anyone knew the likelihood of getting to see the game this weekend? My son and I have been season ticket holders for 4 years and bought our season tickets for this season on July 4th at 11.14 am. We're seated in Frank Adams stand. As of now I've had no comms from the club. I'd therefore be much obliged for an educated view on here as don't want to hassle the club unnecessarily. COYB!

Keep checking your email, even if you think there's no chance they will get to you. You'll likely be in the second or third batch of emails sent out, after people indicate their non-attendance from previous batches. I didn't receive my email until the day of the Stoke game so worth checking on the Saturday morning before giving up on the idea.

• Indeed, @Aimlesslywandering, keep checking the email.
    They were still sending out invites for the Stoke game as late as 17:00 for a 19:45 kick-off.

• Until my daughter has been jabbed with the vaccine full of Bill Gates tracking nanobots I will regretfully not be risking it so that's one down.

• Couple of tweets today (someone more skilled can embed them) saying you have to register on some new system for tickets. Irrespective of whether you're a STH or not...

• Issuing codes to STH which will be around "90% of the 2000 tickets" tomorrow and you'll get an email to respond to by 3pm Friday.

Giving themselves a bit of late work there!! 2 hours on a Friday and a mad Saturday morning rush for the second wave?!

• edited December 2020

Yes, I got the request to register....it's like Big Brother...it will take four policemen to make me give up my privacy. Oh...I'm in.
    @Malone I assume they will assume most STH will say yes please and those of us not will be in a minority and our seat and crisp voucher can be reasonably speedily offered on to the people whose faces are pressed against the window.

• I also assume that they'll use their existing list to email out tomorrow - and the new functionality makes it all easier once you've got your code.

(Rather than them using what we enter as our details now as the first port of call)

• ... and the process involves manually matching your new account details to existing season ticket records. So what happens if I use a different email or I've moved since the summer?

Just another possibility of a lot more errors/work.

I thought the whole point of the old ticketco system was that it had season ticket and match day pre-sales under the same platform?!

• The full email sent to STH:

Dear season ticket holder,

Wycombe Wanderers would like to encourage all fans – especially you, our 2020/21 season ticket holders – to create accounts on the club’s new ticketing platform in readiness for the upscaled return of fans to Adams Park.

CLICK HERE TO CREATE YOUR TICKETING ACCOUNT

The club have today received approval from its local Safety Advisory Group for an application to welcome 2,000 supporters to the stadium for Saturday’s Championship fixture against Coventry City (k.o. 3pm), following a successful pilot event for 1,000 fans at the recent meeting with Stoke City.
    Around 90% of this 2,000 allocation will be given to season ticket holders, with the remaining allocation going to executive box holders and major sponsors.

Powered by NewC, the revamped ticketing platform has been launched to give both the club and the fans better functionality when it comes to rewarding loyalty through your purchase history, and will create a more efficient process for buying tickets and entering the stadium, receiving tickets direct to your phone or desktop via email or SMS, and meeting requirements in terms of proof of age and Covid-19 symptom checking.

Supporters will also be able to easily select adjoining seats for members of their social bubble.

Here’s what you need to do:

• Go to tickets.wwfc.com and click ‘Create Account’ (for mobile users, this is the icon with the silhouette+ symbol)
      It’s important that each season ticket holder has his/her own account, with one email address per season ticket holder. It will be possible for one season ticket holder to acquire tickets for multiple season ticket holders, but this process is required for identifying which fans are using which tickets

• You can choose to create an account by selecting ‘Continue With Facebook’, and this will auto-complete many of your details based on your Facebook account

• Alternatively, enter your email address, hit Next, and follow the steps to fill in your:

First name
    Last name
    Password
    Confirm Password
    Address, Postcode First (this is so that your details will be saved for future occasions where you may choose to have tickets posted to you)
    Phone Number
    Date of Birth (this is so we can assign the correct price type to your ticket)
    Accept the club’s privacy policy and terms and conditions

• You will then receive an email to the address provided; you’ll need to click the link in this email to activate your account.
    • Once you're in your account, you may see an option to enter a reference number but you can ignore this as we will be manually matching up our season ticket holders' information from the old system to the new.

Once you’ve done that, you’re all set! Stand by for more details from the club on Thursday relating to Saturday’s fixture and future matches. As per the club’s policy outlined in the summer, which was deployed on a smaller scale against Stoke, invitations to attend will be issued by email via unique codes to fans in line with the time at which they purchased their season ticket. These codes must be redeemed before 3pm on Friday to guarantee your place; after this point, codes will be issued to the remainder of season ticket holders.

• edited December 2020

It's this bit I don't get, "It’s important that each season ticket holder has his/her own account, with one email address per season ticket holder".
    I went down to the club this morning to specifically ask, as my 3 season tickets are all under the one email address as I pay for them. I was told that it wouldn't be a problem & the system will pick out we are three. That was 09.30 this morning. Since then this tweet/info has come out and whilst I have been able to register my account, that line wold suggest otherwise? Any ideas here would be welcome.

• Hmmm, interesting. I've signed up to the new system based off what they put on Twitter but haven't received the email outlined above by @Glenactico even though I'm a season ticket holder. Hopefully it isn't a problem with getting emails from the club else I'd miss my invitation to come to the match on Saturday (should I make the cut)

• I’m sure there are good reasons behind it, but could there be a worse time to launch another new ticketing system?

• I've not seen the email above yet either. Not surprised but it's good to know I am not alone.

Sounds like another stressful couple of days to come. I am thinking I will be doing a chase around to get the ticket email if it ever gets sent. Feel for the club staff again. Going to be busy for them and some of that pain is avoidable.

My email account gets spammed by nearly every major company I've ever bought something from. No idea why Wycombe Wanderers can't send me an email. Thinking its a techie reason but don't know enough to follow it through.

• Wonder if they've had to ditch the ticket provider as they weren't up to the queuing bit

• I spoke the ticket office an hour ago... i opened an account with the link sent via email this morning, no history is shown as of yet. According to the office this will be uploaded tomorrow and things will become a lot clearer and easier going forward..... hmmmm

• I didn't get an email, but set up using the info on the website. That's all fine, but I also have a season ticket for my 8 year old daughter. Seems a bit strange that I would need to set up a separate account for her, as she doesn't have an email account obviously!

• Similar, no email from the club. Read on here and signed up for an account, have used one email address for me and one for my son.

All looks pretty good and should hopefully make life easier going forwards.

Main concern is how many of the 2300 STHs don't read the Gasroom and don't read the club website and haven't received an email so will be unable to register for an account.

In times like this, I'd be happy to volunteer to help and go through a list of 20-30 people and ring them and advise them what's happening etc I suspect though we cannot help due to GDPR.

• I got an email. Seems pretty straightforward - I suspect TicketCo wasn't up to the job in this new world of ever changing rules and restrictions. It always looked a bit shabby in all honesty - this looks an feels slicker, but we shall see!

• TicketCo never collected address or age details. Maybe they need all this as part of the process entry and for track and trace if the need arises.

• Here's a link to the Elite Sport Stage 5, Return of Supporters .....
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-competition-safe-return-of-spectators

There is not, so far as I can see, a need to have age and email for everybody except that it's a mandatory requirement to have contact details for Track & Trace should the need arise.

Anyway, let's hope the new system is an upgrade and that it allows the already noted issues of reconciling STH, emails and date of purchase to be resolved for the few that it has been a problem.

• Havnt received an email, but I've seen the message from the club on both Facebook and Twitter, clicked on the link within the message and nothing happens ?