Skip to content

Match day thread: Preston

Comments

• @floyd said:
    I think Kashket was booked for dissent. That was the graphic that came up anyway.

Seems not, since he just got a yellow and didn’t walk.

• Millwall fans booed the taking of the knee apparently. Wonder why players are taking the knee?. Classy as ever.

• Sickener.

And so needless as we had 3 men around the ball in the Preston half and somehow managed to lose possession then 10seconds later they were up the other end.

• How did we go from having Samuel on the ball with free man in acres on the right wing, to conceding?

• Two awful goals.

• Really, really frustrating from Samuel there. His only intention was to try and win a free-kick.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    How did we go from having Samuel on the ball with free man in acres on the right wing, to conceding?

Because he turned down a simple pass to McCleary in acres of space to try and hold the ball and win a foul instead. Really poor piece of play when we needed to keep the ball.

• Yeh. That ones on Samuel I’m afraid.

• Their manager just obstructed McCleary there!!

• For fucks sake, McCleary taken out by the Preston manager!

• I love Samuel as a person, and his tireless running is brilliant, but you feel both him and Freeman aren't Championship level at all

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Really, really frustrating from Samuel there. His only intention was to try and win a free-kick.

Slowed it down almost ludicrously which was just about ok.
    Superb ball from Freeman into acres of space and he somehow ends up in a cul de sac, loses it and that happens.
    Sickening.

• We're going to pinch this....it's written.

• Rees missing that chance even things up a bit.

• Thank goodness they've got some bloke in off the street in Riis.

If they had a pro footballer in his place we'd have lost this.

• To many fucking mistakes

• Should've been 3 points.

McCleary was class, Freeman looked good when he came on, as did Samuel imo.

• Two points dropped today I'm afraid. Before AP returns from his commentary position to tell us we should cherish the point.

• edited December 2020

Right, get a midfield back and create that many chances again and we'll not only win games but win them by more than one goal too. Very frustrating considering we threw that away, but at least we're a point closer to 21st.

• We all would have taken a point, and two goals (!) at half time. Particularly given that we lost Stewart in the midst of it all.

• Considering our injuries that's a bloody good point.

• Having not seen the match and considering we were losing I'm cherishing the point...though what a groiner to concede like that and so late on.

• Second half was really good. Such a shame. We need to kill these games off and stop letting teams punish us with individual errors

• If Samuel had not run into his man when in acres of space we’d have never been in a position to concede.

• Taking Bayo off for Samuel unfortunately cost us two points.

• Only disappointment here is the scoreline. Thought it was a decent performance, we actually had some shots on goal - 17 in fact. McCleary gets better every game.

• Great to score two goals away...that attacking line up generated lots more chances...and exposed the back four as well of course. Let’s hope Stewart is okay. Well done lads!

• Got to feel for Jason there - played so well all game. Probably could have won on that 2nd half performance but who wouldn't have taken a point at half time?

• To clarify, of course on paper it's a good point if you look at our injuries, but we gave them both goals today and were comfortably the better side in the second half. We just have to be winning when we have days like today.

• Also, Freeman had an excellent cameo. Can’t believe someone slagged him off after that.