Skip to content

Match day thread: Derby

Comments

• Congratulations @Shev ! I'm going 1/10 Garreth 6/1 Adebayo 33/1 Phil

• Cheers @Malone - Wycombe have never conceded with me holding him, so I'm going to keep that going for as long as possible!

• Matt 6/1, Rocky 10/1

• edited November 2020

@LX1 said:
    Congratulations @Shev ! I'm going 1/10 Garreth 6/1 Adebayo 33/1 Phil

Cheers @LX1 - I could have gone with all eleven starters from the playoff final, but there would have been issues fitting it all on the passports.

We went with the Irish name Nevan, partly as a nod to the Irish heritage on my Dad's side.

• Congratulations @Shev - hope everyone are well.

• Congrats @Shev.
    So credit for that point goes to you and the little one.
    By my reckoning we need 39 more points to survive. Get to work young man....

• Great to welcome a new Wanderer into the World..best wishes to Nevan!

• Huge congratulations @Shev to you and the family and of course to young Bayo (I'm presuming)

• Ah, I missed all the posts about the name.

Welcome to the Wycombe family Nevan

• Congratulations @Shev!

• Congratulations to you and yours @Shev. Thank you for all your posts, they often bring joy.

• Congratulations @Shev !

• @Shev Congratulations to you and your Mrs.

• You mentioned it earlier RITM, but we've gone from not starting Bayo in any of the 3 successful playoffs games to him becoming one of (if not the main) key player in every game. Strange...

• Congratulations to young Nevan, @Shev , he's never seen Wycombe beaten.
    Long may that statistic continue.

• Huge congratulations @Shev and welcome Nevan! Hope your wife and daughter are well. Time to write another song.

• Thank you all for the very kind congratulations. You all at the Gasroom constitute a fun aspect of following the club we all love, and it is a delight to share good news!

• @DevC said:
    Congrats @Shev.

39 points from 32 games. It’s doable on current form...9 points from last 6 games; 10 points from last 10 games; Even better if we can start winning at home...

• @Forest_Blue said:

@DevC said:
    Congrats @Shev.

39 points from 32 games. It’s doable on current form...9 points from last 6 games; 10 points from last 10 games; Even better if we can start winning at home...

Of course it is! relax, sit back, and enjoy!

• Post of the Night @Fame_46.

Announcement of the Night @Shev. Very pleased to hear about the safe and timely arrival of little Nevan.

• Cheers @micra! The Chairboy family grows by one.

• edited November 2020

I raise a glass to you & yours @Shev. Only another, (what appears to be), lifetime of sleepless nights to go mate. Curios to know, were you allowed a laptop in the delivery room?

• Congratulations @Shev and welcome to the Wanderers family NevShev!

• Excellent news @Shev I note you have not revealed any middle name. A cheeky Bodger could be slipped onto the birth certificate.

• @davecz said:
    I know this may be a slightly controversial statement but should the management team have found a solution to play without Bayo

Very controversial...every time you post it.

• @Shev congratulations!

• Excellent news @Shev

Hopefully you ordered another decent sleeper!

• Its intriguing that our Oaps could have snatched it after 100 or so minutes.

• Congratulations @Shev!

The management were brave with the starting XI and must be commended for changing it at half time as it clearly hadn’t worked. I really think they’re trying too hard and a simpler solution maybe available.

I’d question is Kashket a better right winger than Wheeler or McCleary. Is McCleary better up top than Samuel. Is Mehmeti a better option than Parker? I really don’t understand what Parker has done wrong. I’d have him in the Plan B starting XI every time.

We beat Peterborough 1-0 at home in 2018 and found a brilliant Plan B.

Samuel up top, then three quick, direct players behind him who could do both sides of the game really well - Paris, Fred and Williams. Morris and Gape then screened the back four.

I’d like to see this again.

Samuel up front with Parker left, McCleary or Wheeler right and Fred through the middle of the three.

What worked well that day was that all three were good in the air, which means we didn’t have to change our long ball game too much. Same can be said of Parker et al above.

Two of Gape, Adeniran and Thompson.

Same back 5.

Bayo & Kashket should always play as a two together in a 4-4-2. I don’t think Kashket should play without Bayo or Uche alongside him.

Was really pleased how the 2nd half played out yesterday. Pattison was excellent and now looks like a good back up option. Bloomfield helped solidify things as well and popped up with a goal, not many of our other centre mids would have gambled that far forward and scored.

• I love your positivity but it's a bit of a stretch to say the least to describe Pattison as excellent