Skip to content

No new midfielders

Comments

• @thecatwwfc said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Maybe tomorrow we'll have a new midfielder announced on loan and everyone will be happy...

He’s exactly what we want/need. He athletic, strong and good on the ball but can be a little frustrating at times, hoping he kicks on here, he’s done well for Everton u23s.

If the checkatrade is anything to go by, you will know its a big step up to the championship. Its numbers, but not sure its going to improve us massively.

Magnificent. Bravo sir.

• @floyd said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Maybe tomorrow we'll have a new midfielder announced on loan and everyone will be happy...

He’s exactly what we want/need. He athletic, strong and good on the ball but can be a little frustrating at times, hoping he kicks on here, he’s done well for Everton u23s.

If the checkatrade is anything to go by, you will know its a big step up to the championship. Its numbers, but not sure its going to improve us massively.

Magnificent. Bravo sir.

Excuse me? Is the gasroom not a message board for opinions?

Instead, every time I post. I get a load of sarcastic comments.

Do I have to agree with everybody all the time? We will see about this lad. Of course I hope he does well, I want nothing more.

I cant talk to my wife about football so I come on here, yet I get more abuse from you lot!

• But this isn't an opinion is it? Surely you're satirizing the bad habit Wycombe fans have of writing off players before they've even arrived?

• @thecatwwfc said:

@floyd said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

Magnificent. Bravo sir.

Do I have to agree with everybody all the time? We will see about this lad. Of course I hope he does well, I want nothing more.

I cant talk to my wife about football so I come on here, yet I get more abuse from you lot!

There are a couple of posters on here who just patrol and fire of snidey little comments at everyone. But there are a lot of posters who have a bit more balance.

So if you're getting a lot of cheeky comments from a lot of posters, it may be due to what you're saying.
    Without speaking out of turn you do come across as on the negative side of the spectrum, although I appreciate if we keep getting the sort of whooping we had last weekend, a lot more of us might turn that way a bit!

• Also, saying 'is the gasroom not a message board for opinions is a bit weak isn't it? Of course the gasroom is for opinions, so don't get upset every time someone disagrees with your opinion.

• @floyd said:
    But this isn't an opinion is it? Surely you're satirizing the bad habit Wycombe fans have of writing off players before they've even arrived?

When did I "write him off"?

I said it is a big step up. Anyone who has been involved in football as I have (premiership) will know that. This kid has played one pro game, and we expect him to change us??

I REALLY hope he does. My opinion was that I am not sure he will. That my friend, is an OPINION.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@floyd said:
    But this isn't an opinion is it? Surely you're satirizing the bad habit Wycombe fans have of writing off players before they've even arrived?

I said it is a big step up. Anyone who has been involved in football as I have (premiership) will know that. This kid has played one pro game, and we expect him to change us??

I REALLY hope he does. My opinion was that I am not sure he will. That my friend, is an OPINION.

What involvement have you had with the premiership out of interest?

• @Malone said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@floyd said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

Magnificent. Bravo sir.

There are a couple of posters on here who just patrol and fire of snidey little comments at everyone. But there are a lot of posters who have a bit more balance.

So if you're getting a lot of cheeky comments from a lot of posters, it may be due to what you're saying.
    Without speaking out of turn you do come across as on the negative side of the spectrum, although I appreciate if we keep getting the sort of whooping we had last weekend, a lot more of us might turn that way a bit!

I appreciate your comments and you are probably correct.

This kid is going to be fantastic. I cant wait for him to contribute to our meteoric rise through the leagues. A proper transfer coup. I hope to God that he proves me wrong.

• 'not sure it's going to improve us massively.' And again, 'not sure that he will (change us).'

What is that opinion based on? Do you have more insight that the Everton fans and staff who clearly rate him? Are your opinions beyond criticism?

• Must have been a while ago if it was the Premiership.

• @Chris said:
    Must have been a while ago if it was the Premiership.

Even I avoided that level of pedantry ;)

• @floyd said:
    'not sure it's going to improve us massively.' And again, 'not sure that he will (change us).'

What is that opinion based on? Do you have more insight that the Everton fans and staff who clearly rate him? Are your opinions beyond criticism?

My opinion is based on him playing 1 professional game EVER. It is completely different playing U23s to Championship.

You can debate my comments and i welcome that. Its what this board is for. But comments like "bravo sir"...I find a little patronising.

• Well if he was a regular for Everton's first team he wouldn't be signing for us.

• @Chris said:
    Must have been a while ago if it was the Premiership.

Ok.

"Barclays Premier League" if that was the name between 2001 and 2005.

• In before someone mentions that Mawson hadn't played a senior game in the football league...

• @floyd said:
    Well if he was a regular for Everton's first team he wouldn't be signing for us.

I am not sure that I understand the point you are making.

Bored now. Let's move on. I will refrain from airing my opinions for the benefit of Sir @floyd

• @Malone said:
    In before someone mentions that Mawson hadn't played a senior game in the football league...

Alfie Mawson never played for us in Championship?

• @thecatwwfc said:

@floyd said:
    Well if he was a regular for Everton's first team he wouldn't be signing for us.

Bored now. Let's move on. I will refrain from airing my opinions for the benefit of Sir @floyd

Is Sir @floyd not also allowed an option?

Do you think we have unlimited funds and access to all players?

• @thecatwwfc said:

@floyd said:

DOL

• I'll try and lighten the mood with humour.... 'let us all make sure we download the new track and trace app, the tories haven't let us down yet'...... bit dark

• @StrongestTeam said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@floyd said:

Is Sir @floyd not also allowed an option?

Do you think we have unlimited funds and access to all players?

Of course he is. My argument was in response to his post that read "bravo sir". That is not an opinion.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@Malone said:
    In before someone mentions that Mawson hadn't played a senior game in the football league...

Alfie Mawson never played for us in Championship?

No, but normally when someone plays down a signing of an inexperienced player, someone comes up with the example of Mawson of how an inexperienced player can be incredible!

• edited September 2020

It's not that uncommon for players to have their first loan spell in the championship, if that's the level Everton wanted him to play at then we've got to be hopeful they're right.

He could have been training with us as well, hopefully Gaz has had a good chance to check him out up close

• @thecatwwfc said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

Where do we need to go to get players that can improve us? I'd have thought Everton might be a decent bet but apparently not. As you clearly know lots about football and stuff I'd be interested on what type of signing might make us a better side

• @thecatwwfc said:

@floyd said:

So without seeing him play, you can make an opinion on him? Ok.

That doesnt make me right, but I'm excited we've signed him, it's a good move for all parties.

• @thecatwwfc I accept that you find this potential signing underwhelming (and you are perfectly free to express that opinion on here), but I am interested in what type of midfield player you would be enthused by at this stage?

Wasn’t Gape a similarly untested midfield player on loan from a Premier club when we took him?

Some will work out well, others won’t and despite the no doubt extensive research as to whether he will be a good fit, we probably won’t find out until half a dozen matches.

And with due respect to your knowledge/experience of 15 years ago, times have changed and the bigger clubs are more likely to corral quite decent players in the U23s rather than release them for lower league teams to fully develop their potential.

• @eric_plant said:
    Bloomfield's given absolutely everything to this club for nearly 2 decades, he's taken pay cuts to stay, and he's sacrificed time with his family to be at his very best.

In addition to that he's one of the nicest blokes you could ever wish to meet.

He's rightly revered as a club legend - that is what he is. And by the way, he's a very good footballer.

I'm delighted to see him playing for Wycombe in the Championship. It's beyond my and I'm sure his wildest dreams. He cried when we won at Wembley. So did I. That's the sort of connection a player has with supporters that most can only dream of.

Don't always agree with you Eric but that's my post of the season so far.

• I don’t remember this level of ‘ spikeyness’ amongst posters when we were near the top of the league last year. Clearly not being able to watch the team, the poor start, ok recruitment and the questioning of club stalwarts has built up lots of testosterone. The forum is for opinions ( apart from @glasshalffull - defer to manager).We all love the club but have opinions. Long may the banter continue.

• @bookertease said:
    @thecatwwfc I accept that you find this potential signing underwhelming (and you are perfectly free to express that opinion on here), but I am interested in what type of midfield player you would be enthused by at this stage?

Wasn’t Gape a similarly untested midfield player on loan from a Premier club when we took him?

Some will work out well, others won’t and despite the no doubt extensive research as to whether he will be a good fit, we probably won’t find out until half a dozen matches.

And with due respect to your knowledge/experience of 15 years ago, times have changed and the bigger clubs are more likely to corral quite decent players in the U23s rather than release them for lower league teams to fully develop their potential.

Yes you are correct about Gape. And I also believe that he is not up to Championship standard. That isnt to say he is a good midfielder. You will argue with me either way so pointless me saying anything but you are talking about a player that came to League 2 on loan. League 2 is not the Championship.

I would be enthused, although Im not sure entirely feasible, by someone like Curtis Jones...or I am sure that Chelsea may have a few that are up to it.

I hope that I am wrong about this kid. I really do. Please all remind me when I am proven wrong. I would honestly love nothing more.

• Another B team signing, centre forward from Lowestoft. That’s 3 now. Does anyone know if they just play friendliest or is there a league?