Skip to content

No new midfielders

Comments

• Of course he did, pretty obvious

• As obvious as it is disingenuous.

• Bleedin’ obvious indeed @HolmerBlue.
    Myopic old geezers shouldn’t be reading tiny print on the Gasroom in the wee small hours and, if you meant me @floyd I can assure you there was no intentional disingenuity.

• Not at all @micra. It's the description of some of our midfielders as 'L1 strugglers,' i was objecting to.

• Gotcha.

• I'll repeat, we need at least 2 Central midfielders, pattison and Bloomfield should be back ups at best

• @Username said:
    I'll repeat, we need at least 2 Central midfielders, pattison and Bloomfield should be back ups at best

They are backups.

• @Username said:
    I'll repeat, we need at least 2 Central midfielders, pattison and Bloomfield should be back ups at best

What is the point of this? Everyone knows we need help in the middle.

• I've just watched a thoroughly embarrassing 45 minutes, that has filled me with dread for a season I should be unbelievably excited for because we have no midfield.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Username said:

They are backups.

We're only missing gape...

• A Gaping hole.

• Our management and players will grow into the season. We can only hope our fans follow suit.

• @Username said:
    I've just watched a thoroughly embarrassing 45 minutes, that has filled me with dread for a season I should be unbelievably excited for because we have no midfield.

You really are a one aren't you? We are learning to play at a level we've never played at. It is exciting to be in this league but anyone not thinking we might get the odd hammering is clearly deranged.

I get you might be a bit on edge after that 45 minutes but give it a break about embarrassment. Wycombe are in their second ever Championship game. That is something to be proud of.

• Indeed. No-one is more aware than Ainsworth that our midfield needs strengthening, but we'll need to wait for the right players to become available. Rushing out and getting players of the wrong calibre is not the way to go.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Username said:
    I've just watched a thoroughly embarrassing 45 minutes, that has filled me with dread for a season I should be unbelievably excited for because we have no midfield.

You really are a one aren't you? We are learning to play at a level we've never played at. It is exciting to be in this league but anyone not thinking we might get the odd hammering is clearly deranged.

I get you might be a bit on edge after that 45 minutes but give it a break about embarrassment. Wycombe are in their second ever Championship game. That is something to be proud of.

If Blackburn looked any good I would totally agree with you, but they're a midtable side themselves

• @Username said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Username said:

They are backups.

And Thompson.

That's basically the centre mid that we were promoted with.

• @Username said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Username said:

If Blackburn looked any good I would totally agree with you, but they're a midtable side themselves

We've got no idea about that at this point.

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Username said:

They are backups.

And Thompson.

I like a Thompson, but he did appear to slightly loose his way at the end of last year (and his place in the starting 11), hopefully he'll be able to get that back.

In league 2 we had Thompson and Gape, in the championship we have Bloomfield and Pattison with Gape and Thompson injured... We need to bring in a step up in quality

• @Username said:

@Malone said:

@Username said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Username said:

They are backups.

And Thompson.

I like a Thompson, but he did appear to slightly loose his way at the end of last year (and his place in the starting 11), hopefully he'll be able to get that back.

In league 2 we had Thompson and Gape, in the championship we have Bloomfield and Pattison with Gape and Thompson injured... We need to bring in a step up in quality

Everyone knows we need an upgrade in there. It's just such a massive shame Gape is out before we got them.

But we shouldn't overhype Gape too much. He's good, but I'm not sure he'll be the type of game changer that turns this sort of result around.

• @Username said:

@Username said:

Oh. A middle table Championship side. We should be rolling them over.

I think they've got two or three players of a quality we've not played against in league football.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Username said:

@Username said:

Oh. A middle table Championship side. We should be rolling them over.

I think they've got two or three players of a quality we've not played against in league football.

Where have I said we should be rolling them over?

We should be competitive with them though, today we didn't even approach that

• Hey anyone think we need some new midfielders? Someone should tell the management. I'm not sure they are aware. There are some good teams in this league so we need reinforcements. We lost today and if thats not a sign we need more midfielders i don't know what is.

• Ofoborh not in the Bournemouth squad. Dare we dream

• Only two hours 40 minutes left of Sunday and no call for new midfielders? Some people have no commitment.

• Put Username on repeat and I’m sure he’ll oblige.

• Gape is such a huge miss, a common theme in the Championship for the past few seasons is that EVERY team has a really decent holding midfielder and at present we don’t have one available, but that’s football. It will be like a new signing when he returns. Right now I’m more concerned that Tafozolli or Stewart will pull a hamstring in training this week than we let in 5 yesterday. You create your own luck in football and right now it’s not going for us with some silly mistakes and tackles costing us dearly. It will improve and for what it’s worth I think Blackburn will be top 8 comfortably this year. I follow the championship closely every year and they are really turning a corner now if you spend a bit of time researching other clubs in our league. Keep the faith everyone.

• On the bright side for richemu anyway Luton are walking this league...

• If we don't get any in before Swansea I'll be tuning in with dread not hope on Saturday, being humiliated on sky isn't fun. Gibbs-White is a serious talent who will run rings around Bloomfield/ Pattison, Gape would have been an interesting battle but we can't be so reliant on him

I'm confident there'll be moves in the pipeline, last couple of seasons we've filled the obvious holes in the squad eventually and no one can doubt GAs ability to spot a player.

• Spoke to Reading supporting friend yesterday who also runs a football blog and he rates Blackburn as the Championship dark horses - says they're far better than most people give them credit for and he'd be shocked if they weren't play-off contenders - definitely not a bang average side in this division.