Skip to content

Friendly v West Ham

1235»

Comments

• @micra don't worry I assumed it was post posting delay causing confusion. @glasshalffull wasn't in me garden either. :smile:

• Just watched the own goal again as I missed it live...'evaded David Stockdale' is indeed a very forgiving description.

• Isn't it just. If anything, that ball did everything it could to not evade David Stockdale.

• I have a better description.

"The ball rolled languidly, taking comfort in the inevitability of it's entrapment at the foot of Stockdale. Like a traveler returning home, all was well in the world.

But alas! Even as the ball slowly moved to the final, predestined resting spot, the boot was lifted, like a rug being pulled from beneath the complacent expectations of the ball.

There was barely time to scream at the betrayal. With nary a backward glance, the ball somersaulted towards the goal, with no-one left to lend a helping hand or foot. As darkness closed in, the ball saw the net expanding in it's horizon. Instead of the trap of a foot, it would be bound and captive in that horrific web..."

• No led sponsor boards @chairboyscentral

• edited August 2020

@bigred87 said:
    No led sponsor boards @chairboyscentral

Where'd you hear that?

• Did I catch in GA's Hammers Reaction clip (at 1:20ish), that we're playing Villa tomorrow?

• @chairboyscentral said:

@bigred87 said:
    No led sponsor boards @chairboyscentral

Where'd you hear that?

Im sure you said you were genuinely excited about the new led sponsor boards going in? I may be going mad if you didn't?‍♂️

• @bigred87 Sadly I really did say that - but I haven't heard anything since Pete Couhig mentioned on Wycombe Sound that we were having them?

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Did I catch in GA's Hammers Reaction clip (at 1:20ish), that we're playing Villa tomorrow?

Yeah, 'practice match' at their training ground, so no stream :(

• @chairboyscentral new floodlights went in today, maybe the hoardings will happen

• @bigred87 I think they're part of the package with the WiFi upgrade and whatnot - might need them with all this extra TV coverage anyway!

• Thank's @chairboyscentral, all higher level games are helpful to the squad at this stage.