Skip to content

Friendly v West Ham

Comments

• Funny how the people viewing numbers are dropping off with 15 mins to go.

Nothing changes

• I've moved to the corner of the room near the door...

• its shite that's probably why lol

• edited August 2020

richie's back! We'll be getting all the news now..

• Right midfield trialist looks half decent... Andre Green perhaps?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Funny how the people viewing numbers are dropping off with 15 mins to go.

Nothing changes

Yep, at 5-1 down, everyone should be forced to stay until the bitter end and watch our 9th set of changes.

• @Wendoverman said:
    richie's back! We'll be getting all the news now..

Interesting.

@franatki will you and your wife be posting the same stuff on here and your twitter accounts giving away your identity this time? ;)

• Freeman looks like he can make the jump.

• Im a smelly alcoholic lesbian I deffo don't have a husband or wife xx

• Before that game I was expecting Stockdale to sign, but now I’d be a little surprised if he does. The CM trialist (Karacan?) looked good.

• @franatki said:
    Im a smelly alcoholic lesbian I deffo don't have a husband or wife xx

Really? Shame no-one gets to enjoy all that charm and class...

• @eric_plant said:
    I have a question, and I feel I'm probably missing something really obvious, but why are you not allowed to say the names of players that are on trial?

Was wondering the same thing myself

• I thought Karacan was excellent.

• Jem looked good. Aged 31 and married to Laura Ainsworth. According to the ever reliable.........

• @HolmerBlue said:

@eric_plant said:
    I have a question, and I feel I'm probably missing something really obvious, but why are you not allowed to say the names of players that are on trial?

Was wondering the same thing myself

It used to be a courtesy to the player if his trial was unsuccessful or a case of warding off possible suitors if you wanted to sign him, but nothing is secret these days so not sure why it’s still done.

• @drcongo said:
    I thought Karacan was excellent.

Agreed, always looking to get on the ball, plenty of championship experience, if GA likes all the non -football side then I hope we sign him up based on that performance

• Perhaps @glasshalffull is in the know about this.

• @Username said:

@drcongo said:

Agreed, always looking to get on the ball, plenty of championship experience, if GA likes all the non -football side then I hope we sign him up based on that performance

Sounds like a thoroughly nice guy according to Reading fans

• That was a strong 2nd half I thought. Very excited by Uche's performance, he caused the West Ham defence no end of problems. Just needs to work on his finishing. Also some early signs of a potential partnership with Kashket, who had a good game.

Good work out. 1st half we were outplayed, but perhaps to be expected with it being a very mixed starting XI, although Pattison & Kashket caught the eye. Whilst 2nd half, with the stronger line up I thought we were impressive. Uche, Freeman, Stewart, Gape all looked very good, as did a couple of the trialists.

• Hope you and @glasshalffull are social distancing @Wendoverman.

• @micra said:
    Hope you and @glasshalffull are social distancing @Wendoverman.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean there @micra, I'm in my kitchen and as far as I know he's not...so I assume that will do. It looks like he is in the know about triallists as his post above reveals!

• @Username said:

@drcongo said:

Looks like he had a great record 2009- 2013, including a season in the Premier league.
    But a very sketchy record since, with no more than 18 appearances in a season for 7 years.
    Although Wiki doesn't have what his record was (if anything) in 19-20.

• Much improved second half performance and that includes Phil’s co-commentator! I can also confirm that I’m not in Wendoverman’s kitchen although I wish he’d invite me inside as I’m getting very wet in his back garden.

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@drcongo said:

Looks like he had a great record 2009- 2013, including a season in the Premier league.
    But a very sketchy record since, with no more than 18 appearances in a season for 7 years.

I think he had quite a bad injury a few years back, but that could count in our favour as it should mean less competition and increase our chances of getting him on a low-ish wage - would be worth a one-year deal on today's evidence.

• He would definitely fit our concern of having another centre midfielder exceptionally smooth on the ball.
    We all know we'll have to have the ball a bit more this season, or we'll be ruined physically by November.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Pre Season definitely isn't real

Exhibit A

Is it me or do a couple of those reds look like the standard sort of down the Rye builds?

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@drcongo said:

Think I read that he was in Australia

• Might be a hidden gem

• @Wendoverman: it was a silly comment really but your suggestion that @glasshalffull might be in the know followed the latter’s suggested explanation by a matter of seconds. Harmless enough, I think!