Skip to content

Friendly v West Ham

Comments

• I wonder if the Trialist family get annoyed that we only ever play any of them in pre-season?

• edited August 2020

Kashket looks lively. Patterson also playing well. Stockdale looking shakey to say the least...

• Two shockers from Stockdale, pea roller from Charles, and then playing a ball that could barely have been worse straight to their man, and getting away with that.

Nowhere near the goals.

Bit worried about him.

Apart from that, we only have a few who will start the first game out, so not too much alarm

• @floyd said:

CB trialist is Tafazolli isn’t it?

Definitely not.

• Harsh reality check perhaps, but in reality probably only 2 or 3 of our starting XI would be expected to start against Rotherham.

Very worrying 45mins from Stockdale, although you'd hope that error for the 2nd goal is a once a career sort of thing.

Pattinson and Kashket have impressed. The trialist CM has had some nice touches also.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Harsh reality check perhaps, but in reality probably only 2 or 3 of our starting XI would be expected to start against Rotherham.

Very worrying 45mins from Stockdale, although you'd hope that error for the 2nd goal is a once a career sort of thing.

Pattinson and Kashket have impressed. The trialist CM has had some nice touches also.

The pass straight to their man not long after was dreadful too.

• I can remember being impressed with Pattison against Bolton, had loads of shots, but he seemed to fall out of favour/lose confidence as the season progressed. He's looked like a player with something to prove today...hopefully like having a 'new player' when we kick off in earnest. Josh Parker looking good as well.

• Totally agree @Malone. Very much of a mish mash of a team with very few of last season’s regulars.

• Robertson’s is a Flackwell Heath estate agent and their boss Simon is a big Wycombe fan who stands behind the goal for home games. Love Phil’s commentary but someone should tell his colleague that we’ve been promoted to the Championship, not the PL so negative comparisons with West Ham aren’t appropriate.

• Samuel, Charles, Thompson and Grimmer.

• I'd still go down the loan route for a good young keeper if it was me... all Premier teams have way more than they need

• Karacan looks like a neat player, anyone know who the trialist LB is?

• Thanks @glasshalffull not sure he's being that negative though...he's sort of saying they've got to get used to this sort of thing as they will face similar players in the Championship...

• @glasshalffull said:
    Robertson’s is a Flackwell Heath estate agent and their boss Simon is a big Wycombe fan who stands behind the goal for home games. Love Phil’s commentary but someone should tell his colleague that we’ve been promoted to the Championship, not the PL so negative comparisons with West Ham aren’t appropriate.

Indeed, imagine comparing the team to the very team they are playing.

tut tut

• It’s a strong West Ham team with multi million pound, international players with huge PL experience. The Championship is very good but we won’t come up against that kind of quality every week.

• Call me old fashioned, but I'd prefer my left back to be left footed

• no better than mascoll and certainly wont push JJ

• @glasshalffull said:
    Robertson’s is a Flackwell Heath estate agent and their boss Simon is a big Wycombe fan who stands behind the goal for home games. Love Phil’s commentary but someone should tell his colleague that we’ve been promoted to the Championship, not the PL so negative comparisons with West Ham aren’t appropriate.

Who is his companion?
    Sounds a bit like a Glenn Hoddle tribute act without the "them ones" type phrases

• @glasshalffull said:
    It’s a strong West Ham team with multi million pound, international players with huge PL experience. The Championship is very good but we won’t come up against that kind of quality every week.

And more importantly we won't have what @micra rightly calls a mish mash of a lineup

• @eric_plant said:

@glasshalffull said:

Indeed, imagine comparing the team to the very team they are playing.

tut tut

So, you think we should be matching a strong PL team when we have an experimental X1 with several trialists because that’s what this guy is doing.

• The dutch tilt on the camera is making me feel dizzy.

• he's commenting on the game he's watchng. I'm quite enjoying it to be honest

• Confession. Haven’t discovered how to get Phil’s commentary. Have the West Ham YouTube version. He only knows the names of two Wycombe players - Stockdale and Allsop.

• Pre season friendlies are still rubbish

• @micra said:
    Confession. Haven’t discovered how to get Phil’s commentary. Have the West Ham YouTube version. He only knows the names of two Wycombe players - Stockdale and Allsop.

Use this version son

• here you go @micra

You'll want to turn off the chat box.

• Freeman / Ikpeazu / Fred is looking like a fruitful mix. Some lovely play from those three.

• Thanks guys.

• I have a question, and I feel I'm probably missing something really obvious, but why are you not allowed to say the names of players that are on trial?

• Ikpeazu excellent so far - unlucky not to score with that chip over the keeper. Quite excited by him based on this performance.