Skip to content

Uche Ikpeazu signs

Comments

• @trevor said:

@Malone said:

@trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:
    He seems like a decent chap, excited to be with us. Fingers crossed he's Championship top scorer!

5 goals in 40 games in a weaker league than the championship probably average league one player at best hearts aren't even bothered that he left wil have to pray and hope lol.

See a positive for once in your life.
    Genuinely. Life will feel worth it.

If only that was possible

POTD

I honestly, sincerely wish I knew you. I am genuinely fascinated by your outlook on life, the universe and WWFC.

• @trevor said:

>

Read some happy quotes.... i go for a long walk when im feeling blue?

• @trevor said:

@Malone said:

@trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:
    He seems like a decent chap, excited to be with us. Fingers crossed he's Championship top scorer!

5 goals in 40 games in a weaker league than the championship probably average league one player at best hearts aren't even bothered that he left wil have to pray and hope lol.

Do you need help friend? Would you like the numbers for healthy minds? The Samaritans????
    We are all here to help you our depressive companion

• I think Uche looks strong, could play wide as well and might help create a few goals for Kashket, Samuel and Wheeler. I reckon a few of our forwards would love to play alongside a player with strength AND pace.

• Definitely.

• I want to go fishing with you @trevor ?

• Stumbled across this gem of our new lad today.

• Bit like defining Steven Gerrard's career by the miss-control and slip he made.

• Yep. Ridiculously petty. I dare say any footballer at any level has....miscontrolled a ball occasionally!

• Some Hibs fan was also mocking the fact that we are apparently signing someone who is not able to get in their team. With both Ikpeazu and Horgan (if he comes), I will just say that I expect GA to get more out of those players than any manager before him. Just look at how Millwall acted with Fred and McCarthy, compared to how they have played for us (a division lower, I know, but with a promotion-chasing squad).

• A lot of Cov fans, while liking Grimmer, doubted whether he was good enough for a top half League One side...

• Pompey fans wrote off David Wheeler because of a miscontrol actually

• @Shev said:
    Some Hibs fan was also mocking the fact that we are apparently signing someone who is not able to get in their team. With both Ikpeazu and Horgan (if he comes), I will just say that I expect GA to get more out of those players than any manager before him. Just look at how Millwall acted with Fred and McCarthy, compared to how they have played for us (a division lower, I know, but with a promotion-chasing squad).

Hibs fans really aren't in any position to be mocking anyone surely.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Pompey fans wrote off David Wheeler because of a miscontrol actually

In fairness, I sat behind a Wycombe fan who wrote Bayo off for a single miscontrol away at Doncaster, 20 mins in game 2 in our return to league 1!

"That's why Wimbledon got rid of him"

• edited August 2020

@Malone I've heard Bayo written off on countless occasions - including as recently as last season, ffs.

• I am glad Wycombe's brain trust pay so much attention to the psychological side of the game, and the mental wellbeing of the players. Besides the fundamental compassion, it should be obvious that feeling esteemed and valued should make people perform better in any situation. I am sure we have all had bosses at both ends of the spectrum, and the effect really is night and day.

• I did not realize till your reply that it is an Americanism. Being a dual citizen is confusing!

• @Shev Just looked it up, thought it might have been the name of an unofficial psychology department at the club!

• Wasn’t intended to be a dig. Certainly not writing him off. Just came across it and thought it was relevant and amusing!

@Shev Just looked it up, thought it might have been the name of an unofficial psychology department at the club!

I get plenty of the reverse, using British slang out here without even realizing it is slang, Some of the things I get pulled up on are surprising!

• @JohnBoy said:
    Wasn’t intended to be a dig. Certainly not writing him off. Just came across it and thought it was relevant and amusing!

Let's hope we don't hear too much of the old
    "you don't know what he's going to do, even he doesn't know" type back handed compliments about him this season :)

• @Shev said:
    I get plenty of the reverse, using British slang out here without even realizing it is slang, Some of the things I get pulled up on are surprising!

When I worked out there in my youth, telling your co-workers you were nipping out for a fag got you some strange looks I can tell you.

• @Vital said:

@Shev said:

When I worked out there in my youth, telling your co-workers you were nipping out for a fag got you some strange looks I can tell you.

In a country that calls their ass their fanny?!

• @Shev said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    @Shev Just looked it up, thought it might have been the name of an unofficial psychology department at the club!

I'd never come across "busting your chops" until I heard Pete Couhig say it. Is that an Americanism too?

@Shev said:

@chairboyscentral said:

I'd never come across "busting your chops" until I heard Pete Couhig say it. Is that an Americanism too?

Yes, that is a popular one here. Very odd!

• Calling someone a 'Twat' is also extremely rude here, as I found out. It's basically akin to the C word.

• @Shev said:
    Calling someone a 'Twat' is also extremely rude here, as I found out. It's basically akin to the C word.

Yet the w@nker word seems so mild, that it's even in a few episodes of the Simpsons!

• Around the middle of the last century my grandmother used to listen to a programme on the wireless called The Brains Trust in which various clever clogs tried to answer questions sent in by listeners. The programme switched to TV in the ‘fifties.

• Brains Trust is british...as old as @micra it is true...but British.